Two TSA-Approved Airport Travel Meals For Your Long Trip

Happy, Wednesday!

Today, I’m sharing two TSA-approved meals that you can recreate and take with you on your next long travel day. A lot of people think that it’s a big no-no to bring their own food to the airport, but that’s totally not the case. Almost all food can be brought through the security checkpoint, but there are some guidelines you have to follow.

The meals I’m sharing today are from recent trips I took (so yes, TSA-tested and approved!) Both meal options are gluten free, dairy free, and one is vegan! For me, traveling 20+ hours is exhausting. And if your flight is late and you don’t have time to stop for food, you’re pretty much out of luck. Plus, airport food is pricey! Your best bet is to plan and pack ahead. These meals made my trip less stressful, and I’ll never rely on airport food again. Because TSA does an awesome job at keeping our airports safe, ALL food is subject to additional screening, even if it is allowed on the plane.
I had so many people shocked that I was able to bring my own food to the airport and on the airplane. Why do we feel like we have no other options? Well, I think we are all secretly terrified of TSA, or holding up the long lines! But, if you plan and pack ahead, security will be a breeze to get through, and you’ll have delicious, budget-friendly, and healthy meals during your travel day!

I can’t believe how much money I used to spend at airports. NEVER AGAIN.ย

When I posted this on Instagram, the most frequent question I got asked was “how did I get yogurt & hummus through TSA.” Well, 3-ounce containers! I found these containers in the baby food section. They’re great if you want to pack dippings sauce, yogurt, nut butter, salad dressing, and other liquidy foods. I mean, if you really wanted, you could pack wine in the little container ๐Ÿ˜Š

As long as your meat is in a solid form, you can pack it into your carry on. Most solid foods are allowed.

I was going to need a breakfast, lunch, snacks, and some dinner, during my 20-hour travel day. I usually like to have my protein yogurt with fruit in the morning, a protein source at lunch, a vegetable snack in the afternoon, and another protein source for dinner. And you never know if you’re going to get a delay, so you can play it safe and pack some extra snack bars. With my luck, it’s crucial to pack extra!

I decided to go with two turkey burgers and sweet potatoes for my lunch and dinner. I packed sliced bell peppers and carrots to snack on with hummus, grapes, an apple, and my protein yogurt for breakfast. My protein yogurt is coconut milk yogurt mixed with vanilla protein powder. I brought my water bottleย to fill in one of the fountains, some of my favorite tea packets, RXBARS, superfood bites, and ginger chews.
The best advice I can give is to keep your food organized in your carry-on bag. If TSA has to keep removing food from the bag, it’ll be a big process, and security already takes long enough to get through. Keep all your containers in a large bag, and convenient enough for the workers to remove quickly if they need to. When I left Charlotte, TSA pulled out my ziplock bag with all my containers inside, saw that it was food, and put it right back in my bag for me. Just keep everything together.

Foods to Bring on Your Flight:
Homemade Healthy Muffins
(vegan peanut butter banana chocolate chip gluten-free & no added sugar muffins)
Breakfast Cookies (homemade cookies)
Fresh Vegetables & Fresh Vegetables (pineapples, cantaloupe, grapes, celery, carrots, bell peppers)
Veggie Burgers (my favorite is gardening black bean chipotle burgers)
Grilled Chicken Kale Salads (grilled chicken tastes great cold, and kale holds up well)
Empty Water Bottle ย (stainless steel to keep it cold.)
Tea Bags (i love to bring a lemon & ginger tea for calming)ย
Protein Powder Packets (sample sizes are easier to pack)
Healthy Sandwiches & Wraps (wrap them in parchment paper, or keep them in a container) (travel wraps)
Quinoa or Rice (sweet quinoa salad)
Protein Pancakes (I love making protein pancakes with cashew milk, peanut butter, orgain protein, and paleo bircher blender mix)
Protein Bars (Rxbars, homemade bars, no cow bars, orgain protein bars, tone it up, or any of your favorites)
Snack Bars (homemade granola bars)
Pretzels or Crackers (I love kale chips!)
Trail Mix (make your own: dark chocolate chips, craisins, almonds, pistachios, cashews, pecans, dried pineapple)
Popcorn (pop your own and put it in individual baggies)
Falafel Kale Salad (a great vegan/vegetarian option)
Peanut Butter (3.4 ounces)
Hummus (3.4 ounces)
Yogurt (3.4 ounces) (i like to mix protein powder with coconut yogurt)

You can bring gel or ice packs as long as they are not melted when going through security. Sometimes packing frozen fruit bags will help keep your food cold, and you can eat the fruit as a refreshing snack later! Bring baggies to fill up with ice at restaurants after you get through security!

Here are the TSA instructions for keeping your food cool.

“If the food is packed with ice or ice packs in a cooler or other container, the ice or ice packs must be completely frozen when brought through screening. If the ice or ice packs are partially melted and have any liquid at the bottom of the container, they will not be permitted. You also can pack frozen perishables in your carry-on or checked bags in dry ice. The FAA limits you to five pounds of dry ice that is properly packaged (the package is vented) and marked.”

My hack? I just went to the food court and filled up two baggies with ice and put them in my carry on. Too much? Oh, well.

I was so hungry during the first layover that I mixed all the veggies with the hummus for a snack.
Grapes and apples are great options because they don’t bruise or go bad easily.

I asked for hot water when the flight attendant came around so I could have some of my tea while reading.ย
My second trip meals were so delicious. Other than the RXBARS, everything above is vegan. I thought it would be good to make a vegan travel meal plan because I’m sure it’s so hard to eat healthy while traveling as a vegan. Unless you plan on eating nuts, chips, and snack bars for twenty-hours, packing may be your best bet! It’s never smart to always rely on the airport restaurants, either! Flights can be late, and restaurants can be packed.

For lunch and dinner, I packed cold cooked quinoa with chickpeas, onions, bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, cabbage, and kale. I also made black bean burgers to eat on top for extra protein. I bought a dressing for the side and kept it in a 1.5-ounce container. I brought some nut butter, snacks bars, and my empty water bottle. If it’s a solid food, you’ll most likely be completely fine getting it through security, but make sure to check TSA, because some states/countries have different rules.
The best part about bringing my containers and ziplock to my first destination is being able to use those same containers and ziplock on my return flight. It made the meal planning process easier. I ended up filling the 3-ounce containers with protein yogurt and grapes. They were in the fridge cooling before my flight home. The Tone-it UP power bars are plant-based and a great snack if you want something sweet, but healthy.ย
Packing food made my trip run smoothly. I used to stress about having enough time to stop and grab something to eat. When I flew to Hawaii last year, I had five minutes to grab something to eat. I went almost all day without food, and I had another seven-hour flight. I panicked and grabbed a crappy turkey sandwichย with potato chips. I think I paid like $22 bucks for it too ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I also love to bring popcorn on flights. I brought some Boom Chicka Pop with me for my layover in San Francisco. I ended up eating it while watching the new Jumanji movie. ๐Ÿ˜ƒย ๐Ÿฟย
But, I’ll never turn down coffee after a 20-hour flight! I ended up reading my book to beat jetlag while drinking delicious coffee high in the sky.

Questions for you!

1. Where is your next flight taking you?
  2. What is your favorite travel tip?
  3. What is one item you cannot fly without?

Comments

• Lesley

If you freeze the hummus and yogurt, they wonโ€™t take up valuable space in your liquids bag.

Reply to Lesley
  • Nicolette

Love this. I have a ton of food allergies and usually only survive travel days on protein bars. ๐Ÿ™ Is the carryon you packed your food in an insulated bag?

Reply to Nicolette
  • Kristy-lynn Bakke

As a food allergy Mom, I would just ask that you have a nut free plan B in case you get seated next to my family or another family. No one wants to have to make an emergency landing.

Reply to Kristy-lynn Bakke
  • Brittany

Love this! I’ve been flying quite a bit for work, so I will definitely start taking more snacks with me ๐Ÿ™‚

As for my travel must-haves, I would say hand sanitizer! I have gotten sick so many times from travelling.. so I am extra cautious now!

Reply to Brittany
  • Anonymous

Are you sure you can take meat on a plane?

Reply to Anonymous
  • Fran

This post made me crave grapes!

Reply to Fran
  • Anonymous

Sorry for the seemingly random and irrelevant question, but can I ask what airline you flew with?
    Thanks!

Reply to Anonymous
  • Katie

I love reading your blog! You really inspire me to live a healthy balanced life. This post was so helpful! I have a blood sugar issue and I have to have snacks and snakk meals throughout the day. I will definitely be doing this next time I travel! Can’t wait for your next post!

Reply to Katie
  • Elen

You have the cutest bags!

Reply to Elen
  • Jessie

These tips are great for this mama! Thanks for your blog.

Reply to Jessie
  • Susie | Mile High Dreamers

YES! I remember one time when we were on a layover in Phoenix, I spent $40 on a salad, sandwich, and fruit. Like…. WHAT?! When Ben and I finally realized that we could bring our own food onto the plane, our whole lives changed! Especially because we often fly standby, which can mean long airport days.
    We’re headed to Barbados in a week! WHOOOOOO!
    Our favorite travel tip is honestly the food! When we went to Italy, we also brought a ton of Rx bars because we knew Europe doesn’t do big breakfasts (mostly pastries) so we needed a supplement. It was heavy to carry in the beginning, but SO worth the money it saved us!
    I can’t fly without a good book and a bag of pistachios!

Reply to Susie | Mile High Dreamers

Hi, Susie!

Yeah, that is ridiculous! And it probably wasn’t half as good as what you could have made yourself! I’m so glad you and Ben bring your own meals onto the plane!

I CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TRIP! You’re going to have a blast in Barbados!!!

Yes, I’d probably do the same! I can’t do pastries for breakfast. I need alllllll the protein lol

mmmm pistachios are so addicting!

Have a great week!!

• Ariel

Hi Taralynn!

Hopefully, my next flight will be taking me and my mom to Disney World for a girls getaway! I love that place.

My favorite travel tip is to always bring snacks, so this post is awesome – I didn’t know you could bring so many things to munch on your carryon!

I absolutely need a book and a sweater, because planes are so chilly! Plus, EmergenC!

Also, after seeing you do this in your posts, I finally started adding my pea protein powder to my yogurts…makes them way more tasty, and I feel fuller after! Thanks for the tip ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Ariel

Reply to Ariel

Hi, Ariel!

Disney world is so fun!! I’ll be going in November!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Snacks are always a must ๐Ÿ˜‰

OHHHH yes! ALWAYS a sweater!!!

YES! Protein yogurt is the best ๐Ÿ™‚ Tastes like pudding without the added sugars!

xo have a great weekend!

• Kelsey W.

Thank you so much for this! We have a trip in October to Scotland, which means long layovers. I hate eating airport food and like to track macros. This is extremely helpful and will allow me to prebuild my diet before we travel.

Also, bringing your own water bottle! Love it. I will for sure do that because I drink 1-1.5 gallons a day. Makes it pricey when traveling.

Reply to Kelsey W.

Hi, Kelsey!

I’m so happy you found this helpful! You’re going to have an amazing time in Scottland!

If you drink that much water, you’ll DEF want to bring your own bottle ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also, I need to be more like you on the water side!

xo

• Deb

Taralynn,

Thank you for taking the time to write this out. Sorry, some people are rude and quick to criticize the things you do.

I’d like to just add that this post was very helpful. I am a mom of three and will be traveling 3000 miles next month. I had no idea you could bring food onto the plane, and my stress level just went down. I look forward to sharing what I pack on my trip with the kiddos. Maybe you can include it in your post for other moms to see.

Deb

Reply to Deb

Wow, thank you so much Deb!

I would LOVE to share what you pack and get some tips from you after your trip! That would be great and I’m sure it would be extremely helpful for other moms!

Have a great week and a great trip!

• Kelly

Hi Taralynn,
    This. is. AWESOME!!! Total game changer! And everything you brought looks so much better than what you can buy at the airport.
    1. My next flight will be taking me to my sweet friend’s wedding in Seattle.
    2. One of the best travel tips I ever heard is to bring a watch… I always need to know the time when I’m traveling and I don’t always want to be digging around for my phone whenever I need to know what time it is. Plus it’s an excuse to accessorize!
    3. I cannot travel anywhere without my headphones or I feel naked ๐Ÿ˜
    Thank you so much for sharing your brilliant ideas, you rock!

Reply to Kelly

Hi, Kelly!

I appreciate the sweet feedback for this post!

Ohhhh I can’t wait to visit Seattle soon! ๐Ÿ˜€

That’s a great tip! Never thought about that ๐Ÿ™‚ Especially when you’re trying to run to gates.

Ohhhh me either!! headphones are a total must!

xo xo xo Have the greatest time at your friend’s wedding!!

• Lola

You have such beautiful photos, I could look at them all day! I just wondering do you take your camera with you everywhere. If so do you still take photos on your phone even though you have your camera? I don’t know why but that question has been wandering around in my head! lol

Reply to Lola

Hi, Lola!

Thanks so much ๐Ÿ™‚

That is actually a great question. I definitely take photos with my phone most of the time! Even if my camera is there, sometimes the phone is just more convenient!

• Rosie

This article is such a life saver! My sister and I are flying for the first time in November from PA to England to visit our friend and I’ve been so worried about what food we can bring and/or even having enough time to stop at the food court on our layovers because we have pretty short layovers. I wanted to be able to eat healthy while flying but just didn’t think that it would be easily feasible. Now I know that I don’t just have to eat snack bars for 20 hours. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for all the great advice! Love your blog! <3 <3

Reply to Rosie

Hi, Rosie!

I’m so glad you’ve found this blog post helpful. You are going to have such a fun trip with your sister! And I totally agree, snack bars will not hold me over for 20-hours!!

Thanks for reading! Let me know how your trip goes and have so much fun!

Taralynn

• Devon

Interesting. Though I wouldn’t do this because that is A LOT of food for a day of travel where you’re going to just be sitting around on a plane. Talk about calorie bombs!!

Reply to Devon

Even when you’re sitting, your body still needs calories. If you eat intuitively, you just eat when you’re hungry. Packing this much food is great because you don’t know if you’re going to have a delay. It doesn’t mean you have to eat it all.

• Katie

I love reading your blog! I had no idea you could bring food through security. I have a blood sugar issue so I constantly need fruits and small meals throughout the day.I’m excited to pack my food next time I travel. By the way getting ice after going through security is genius! That’s totally something I would do too. I look forward to reading your posts. You really inspire me to live a healthy balanced life. Can’t wait until the next post! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Reply to Katie

Hi, Katie!

I’m so glad you’re going to start bringing your own meals to the airport. Bringing your own fruit is much cheaper & convenient than buying the fruit at the airport!

Thank you for the kind words about my blog! Put a smile on my face!

Taralynn

• Kinslee

Thank you for including vegan options in your blog.

Reply to Kinslee
  • Liv

Baby containers? Why didn’t I think of that? That is so genius.

Reply to Liv
  • Sara

I feel silly for thinking that you couldn’t bring food into the airport. This post just changed my entire travel plans for next week! I am traveling for 24 hours to Jamaica and I have so many allergies so it’s hard for me to find food I can eat.

I can’t wait to pack my own meals now.

Reply to Sara

That is so great, Sara!

I thought snacks were the only thing you could get through security for many years! When my boyfriend starting bringing his prepped food through security, I was mind blown!

Have a great trip!!

• Alexis T

I am absolutely mind blown right now. This post was BEYOND helpful and informative, Iโ€™m so glad you wrote this! My best friend and I are moving to Madrid, Spain together next month, and we were just talking about our meal plans for the trip. We were worried about gross plane food & expensive airport snacks. I had no clue you could take that much food through security! This. Changes. Everything. Alsoโ€”to answer your questions for funziesโ€” 1) Flying to Spain next!! 2) Be prepared for literally everything (wipes, extra clothes, entertainment, food, comfort, etc) 3) A good neck pillow and a skin care routine makes all the difference on long hauls (donโ€™t even care if that makes me a diva lol)
    Thanks so much for this post!

Reply to Alexis T

Hi, Alexis!

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ You are moving to Madrid!? WHUT! How cool!

Glad this is useful for you!

Have the best flight and enjoy Spain! (dream place to visit)

Lol i’d rather be a diva on a plane! lol

xo xo

• Sarah

Great tips! I never thought about bringing hummus in a small container but thats a great idea. I always bring my own water bottle (it gets so expensive and wasteful to depend on buying them at the airport). I usually bring my own bars but it does get old after a while (love ya kind bars but for a full day of traveling I need a real meal thrown in there too). Thing I never fly without is gin gins they are the best

Reply to Sarah
  • Lisa

Great tips!!!! I started packing real food a few years ago. No eating just protein bars. I would add to make sure the food has minimal moisture, I packed eggs once. No good! You can also carry on ice packs. Sweet potatoes and turkey has been the best for me! Thanks again ๐Ÿ‘

Reply to Lisa

I think that’s why I wanted to pack meals! I could only live off protein bars for so many hours before I wanted something filling! REAL FOOD.

Yes, the ice packs are a great thing to bring, just make sure they don’t melt before you get through security!

• Katie

I personally think itโ€™s more convenient to buy airport food than go through all of the effort to prep that amount of food. I bring Rx bars and some snacks and call it a day. I know I wonโ€™t starve if my connection is late getting in. And most flights have some sort of snack/meal option to purchase (of course itโ€™s more expensive) if in a bind. I would rather eat nothing than a semi-cold turkey burger and sweet potatoes. Thatโ€™s gross.

Reply to Katie
  • Sarah P

Iโ€™m not trying to be mean here, but this post is genuinely concerning…bringing your own food along is fine but the sheer volume of food here, number of containers, level of effort, yikes. And what would someone on a normal trip do with these containers, wash them in a hotel bathroom sink? Pretty gross. Darling I have girls your age and I just worry for you and wish you could be more spontaneous and healthy about food. Yes airport food is a little marked up, but as someone who travels 4-5 days a week for work ALL airports have salads now (even tiny regional ones!) and none of the airport food is that expensive relative to your usual coffees, kombuchas, etc. Hope you find some more balance soon <3

Reply to Sarah P
    • Phyllis

Darling Iโ€™m probably older than you as I have a son a lot older than Taralynn. And yet, I love that Taralynn has food she enjoys. I have purchased salads that were rancid at the airport. You never know how nasty that food court food is, and of course itโ€™s overpriced. What do you care how she spends her money? Maybe she budgets on not wasting at the airport so she can enjoy a yummy coffee. And gross to rinse out a little bowl and dry it off? Do you have a full time staff at home that does that for you? As you have daughters her age, Iโ€™m sure you grew up learning that if you donโ€™t have anything nice to say . . . Stop reading her blog. Taralynn, I love your posts, and the energy you have to prep food every single day. It inspires me to do better and be healthier every single day. Thanks so much for this post, I will definitely start doing it because I too had no idea how much food you could bring!!!

Reply to Phyllis

Phyllis,

Thank you for the uplifting comment! This just put a smile on my face this morning. I’m right there with you on getting a rancid salad at the airport, and the chicken hardly ever tastes like chicken.

You sound like a wonderful mom and your son seems pretty lucky to have you!

I’m so happy to hear that you’ll be taking your meals with you on your next flight! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great weekend!

Taralynn

• Hannah R

Genuinely confused by this comment…

Balance is almost by DEFINITION: finding ways to still enjoy travel and not to avoid it just because of the anxiety, inconvenience, tight connections, and unavailability of healthy food options (because, let’s be honest: $8 for a tiny chef salad covered with cheese and comprised entirely of iceberg (water) lettuce is definitely not actually a healthy salad).

Sarah, I genuinely hope your girls read this blog and are inspired by the creativity, flexibility (because this post is what Tara made for HER travel food as a SUGGESTION to others who want some inspiration), and information given here. A lot of people (myself included!) had no idea that TSA would allow foods through, and that’s just good information to know! The last time I traveled with my husband, we were honestly unsure whether we could even have an empty water bottle with us when we went through security, let alone granola bars, beef jerky, and some other snacks I wanted to bring with us for our travel day.

I think this post is enlightening, inspirational for my future travels, and helpful for all the girls who needed some ideas of foods to pack that would be yummy and convenient for their future travels as well.

I’m happy to hear that you find things you are pleased to eat at the airport, and I honestly commend you for working a job which you travel so much – I probably wouldn’t want to pack full meals every single day with this much specific detail daily either, but I don’t think that was the point of this blog.

I hope the balance you have found in life only gets better as well! You seem to genuinely care about what influences your girls, and its good to see. I don’t think you have anything to worry about with them reading Tara’s blog. Nothing but good stuff here!

Reply to Hannah R

Hi, Sarah.

I don’t think there is any problem with bringing food to the airport. Each to their own! Parent’s pack lunches for their kids at the zoo, the pool, and museums when food options are also available. I’m not sure what the difference is. It really isn’t all about the cost of food at the airport, but the convenience. Sometimes you don’t have time to grab food at the airport, and having food for a long flight is just convenient, especially if you have delays. I understand all airports have salads, but most of the salads taste awful, unless you sit down at one of the restaurants, or have time to wait in line for a good one. Packing meals is really just for the convenience on a very long flight day. This post was meant to be helpful for those who travel and want to pack something, it doesn’t mean they have to pack exactly what I packed. It’s just meant to be helpful. I don’t think there is really anything to be concerned about in a post like this. It’s just about packing food at the airport. I loved having my own meals, and I can’t wait to continue packing them on my next trip ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jensen

Completely unrelated to everything- but where is that bag from? It is adorable!

Reply to Jensen
  • Virjinia @ With Purpose and Kindness

Those are good tips! I’ve packed veggies before and I think I’m going to find small containers for hummus and yogurt for my next trip as well. I ALWAYS carry my insulated water bottle with me too!

Reply to Virjinia @ With Purpose and Kindness
  • Ann

Thanks for all the tips, we may have to check into the food thing as it may be a little different traveling abroad…we are taking a trip to London and Paris in August! (With teenagers!) ๐Ÿคช

Reply to Ann
  • Meghan

I was definitely under the assumption that you couldn’t bring your own food to the airport! What a game changer. Airport pricing is ridiculous, and when you don’t even have time to stop, it’s the worst! I remember the last flight I was on we didn’t have enough time to stop during our layover and I was just starving by the time we landed, it had been almost 8 hours since I had a real meal, besides the little cookies Delta gives you haha. My favorite travel tip is to always pack an extra outfit, swimsuit and shoes in your carryon. Though my luggage has thankfully never been lost, I always try to be prepared with some essentials just in case. I can’t fly without headphones! I normally read and listen to music on flights so headphones are a must.

Reply to Meghan

Hi, Meghan!

It’s definitely a game changer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I agree that sometimes we don’t have time to stop, and it totally gives you the extra time and takes away the stress of trying to find something to eat! 8 hours? Yes, you’ll definitely want to start packing some meals! lol And thank goodness for those cookies!

Yes, the extra outfit tip is so useful!

I had my luggage lost in Paris when I traveled there, but luckily I had an extra set of clothing.

OH….headphones are a must!!! The ones they offer on long flights are no good either lol

• Ann

Great ideas for meals in the sky! I agree with you that most people don’t realize they can take almost any food through security! When I was traveling back and forth every week for week I would buy a salad at Panera on my way to the airport and just put it right through in the Panera packaging! Everyone in line at TSA with me would be so surprised that they allowed it to go through! Annster’s Domain

Reply to Ann

Hi, Ann!

I love that idea. You can never go wrong with a Panera salad, and they give you the portion sized dressings that will for sure make it through!

Maybe I’ll do that next time ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous

I wish I was better about packing meals on flights. I always end up eating Chick fil a.

Reply to Anonymous
  • Chelsea

Great tips!

Reply to Chelsea
  • Linda @ the Fitty

Hopefully my next plane ride is taking me to the states–maybe I’ll even drop by Charlottetown?!

And I can’t fly without some sort of cushion for my back. Really.

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Rachel

My next flight will probably be to Houston for a wedding! But I just got back from Italy and, seriously, snacks were key. British Airways provides meals for flights from New York to London, but I don’t always love the food and was really glad I had snacks for the layovers. I never thought to pack fresh fruit, but I am definitely doing that on my next trip.
    Also, snacks can sometimes be absolutely essential. On our flight back to the US, they didn’t have a nut-free option for my boyfriend, and he ended up eating a banana and some crackers because we had all but run out of snacks. It was awful. Lesson learned!

Reply to Rachel

Wow, sounds like an amazing trip!

Yes, fresh fruit is so refreshing when you’re on a long flight!

It always worries me when it comes to nut-allergies on planes!

• Susie

Great tips! Did you just eat your turkey burger and potatoes cold/room temperature? I suppose that is still better than bad and greasy airport options.

Where is your next flight taking you? Hawaii – can’t wait!!!
    What is your favorite travel tip? Pack light and carry on bag only. I try to go as minimal as possible.
    What is one item you cannot fly without? A good book (and disinfecting wipes for this germaphobe) ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Susie

Hi, Susie!

I just ate it cold with some hummus spread on top. I usually eat leftovers cold anyways! I made sure to put it under the ice ๐Ÿ™‚

EEEEK CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES!!!

Yes, I say I’m going to pack minimal every time, but that never happens lol PLEASE INSPIRE ME!!

Lol, yes wipes are a must!

• Catie

I love your carry on bag. Thank you for the tips, Taralynn. This is why I adore your blog.

Reply to Catie
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Wow, you sure do prep a lot for a flight, and the food looks so good! ๐Ÿ™‚ I usually just take light (healthy!) snacks, but sometimes I indulge a bit. And usually I don’t fly budget airlines so the airplane meals are acceptable for me. ๐Ÿ™‚ My next flight (unless I book one in between now and then!) will be to London! So excited to be going back ๐Ÿ˜€

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog