Hello & Happy Monday!
I’m so excited to share this post with you today because I’m all about conquering that healthy lifestyle, but sometimes we focus too much on what we eat and how much exercise we get to classify ourselves as “healthy.” Health is so much more than how many miles you ran or how much kale you ate, health is about your mentality, the products we use on our skin, and the things we do that make us feel good. Today, I’m teaming up with LOLA, one of my favorite brands, to share ten ways you can stay healthy that are completely unrelated to exercise and nutrition! LOLA is dedicated to providing women with the products and content they need to make informed decisions on behalf of their bodies, and I love that! As women, we can learn so much from each other. I’ll also be sharing their new line of sexual health and wellness products that are gynecologist approved to maintain a healthy pH balance and guarantees peace of mind knowing what is going in and on your (and your partners) body! How about that for a fun post!?
I don’t understand why the whole “sex talk” has been so taboo on my blog. I talk about this stuff with my friends on the daily, so I’m changing it up a bit and talking about this topic on my platform. I mean, we’re all friends here, right? LOLA was created by two women encountering new phases in their own reproductive lives, and they know that each new stage brings questions (ones you normally just ask your friends, or your best friend, Google) — Is this normal? Is it supposed to feel like that? What is this made of? I can’t wait to discuss those types of things with you today!
There are so many ways you can stay healthy that have nothing to do with fitness and nutrition. I have so many tips, but today, I’m sharing my top ten! There are little changes you can make to your lifestyle that’ll make you happier, and feel more “put together.” I love to practice order in my household and it makes my days run smoother. When I put things off, I get stressed out, and that is never healthy.
You know what else I think is healthy? Surrounding your house with fresh flowers. 🙂
1. Less Social Media: I learned the importance of less social media over the weekend when my computer and phone were broken. I felt so in the moment, less focused on what everyone else was doing, and a bit happier. Sometimes, it’s important to disconnect and pay attention to the real life happening around you. I do LOVE social media and staying connected, but a break is good sometimes. My boyfriend and I actually had deep conversations instead of browsing our phones before going to sleep.
2. Protect Your Skin: This is a big one! Winter, spring, summer, and fall, wear sunscreen through it all. Protecting yourself from the sun’s radiation will reduce your risk of skin cancer, aging, and painful burns. Not only do you need to protect your skin from the sun, you should also protect it from harmful chemicals. I’ll dig further into this topic when I talk about the new Sex by LOLA line!
3. Sleep More: Sleeping more is good for your brain & mental health, you’ll crave less sugar and caffeine, you’ll lower your chances of getting sick, it’s the time when your body does most of it’s healing, and you’ll feel more rejuvenated!
4. Wash Your Face: Washing your face is a must! Your face needs to breathe, and fewer breakouts will happen if you clean out your pores. I hope this next fact will have you running to the sink at night. “Your face is covered in bacteria, dirt, debris, pollutants, oil, and viruses, and dead skins cells at the end of the day.” I don’t think you want that lurking on your pillows!
5. Laugh More: I always feel good after a good laugh with friends. It’s a great way to relieve stress and bring more happiness to your life.
6. Declutter Mess: This is a big one! When things are out of whack, I get very overwhelmed. It’s important to make sure everything has a place. You’ll spend less time looking for items. Remind yourself to always wash the dishes after eating, sweep after cooking, put your clothes away after washing, and eventually, you’ll always be caught up on chores. A clean house is a happy house.
7. Use A Planner: I have a planner sitting in front of me all the time! It’s important to write things down and be prepared for upcoming events. You don’t want to be the “last minute” person. If you have all of your days planned out, you’ll feel less overwhelmed. Control your schedule with a planner. If you have too much going on, don’t be afraid to say “no.”
8. Read More: This is something I struggle with because I get too distracted, or when I’m reading I feel guilty. Reading is such a great distraction, and it allows our imaginations to work their magic. It broadens your vocabulary and makes you smarter. It can also decrease your risk of Alzheimer’s.
9. Be Kind To Others: Being kind to others always puts me in a good mood. It’s honestly one of the easiest tips on this list. Being kind to someone can be as simple as complimenting a stranger, or writing someone a note. Look out for ways to show kindness.
10. Be Kind To Yourself: It’s funny how being kind to others is one of the easiest, but for me, being kind to myself is one of the hardest. I have to remind myself to also compliment and believe in myself. I’m one of those people that is very critical of my work or the way I look, and it’s not a healthy habit. Each day, I work on being kinder to my self and accepting every flaw. Being kind to yourself, practicing confidence, and knowing your self-worth is so healthy.
And if you have some healthy tips of your own, please share them!
Now, I want to discuss more about #2 on the list! Yes, let’s get straight to sex talk. It has everything to do with our skin. Our skin is so precious, and we need to take care of it.
I have been using LOLA products for several years now. My time of the month wouldn’t be the same without them. The period products are made with organic cotton, and I love that they decided to design a line of sex products. Sex by LOLA‘s new sexual health and wellness products are designed first and foremost for women, and since 90% of my readers are women, I thought this would be very fitting. The products are free of irritating additives and deliver the sensation and reliability that women expect and deserve. Can I get an Amen? Their new line consists of lubricated condoms, personal lubricant, and cleansing wipes. These are the types of products you can feel good about applying to your skin (no pun intended.)
Here are the details on the Sex by LOLA products!
The Cleansing wipes are so convenient. They come in individual packages and are the very first all natural cleansing wipe of its kind. The wipes are made with 100% bamboo soaked in a purified water system. The wipes replenish your skin’s natural moisture, helps maintain healthy pH balance and are gynecologist approved. They are hypoallergenic, made without alcohol, parabens, bleach, sulfates, dyes, synthetic preservatives like sodium benzoate, or synthetic fragrance. There are 12 individually wrapped cleansing wipes in each box for only $11.
The Condoms are ultra thin, made of natural rubber latex; lubricated, low-odor, and vegan. They come in a box of 12 for $11. Condoms help protect against STI’s and pregnancy. You won’t find any parabens, nitrosamines, casein, gluten, GMOs, glycerin, synthetic colorants, synthetic flavor, or fragrance.
The Personal Lubricant is water-based; made with aloe vera. It comes in a mess-free dispenser and made without irritating chemicals, gynecologist-approved, hypoallergenic, formulated to help maintain a healthy pH, and safe to use while trying to conceive. Like the condoms, you won’t find any parabens, petrochemicals, glycerin, synthetic flavor, or fragrance. The 1.7 oz bottle is $14.
The Sex by LOLA line is available for one-off purchase or subscription. If you have a period subscription with them (which I highly recommend), you can simply add the new lines of products to it.
Questions for you!
- Do you have any questions about Sex by LOLA?
- What is one healthy tip you live by?
Thanks for reading today’s post! This post was sponsored by LOLA, but ALL opinions are my own.