An Egg-cellent Week: Eats, Running & Travels!

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

As you already know, I decided to post my recap today instead of Monday. I wanted to make sure my Thanksgiving recap had its own feature ๐Ÿ™‚ This post will have a lot of photos from my random week, but with fewer words (straight to the point.) I have a busy day today! I need to get all of my stuff packed for my flight tomorrow morning, go for a run, head to an appointment, pick up a couple of things at the mall, pack the dog’s items and drop them off with my parent’s and head uptown by three! I just turned on Gilmore Girls, and now it’s time to blog about my week! Oh, and I plan on responding to all comments on the plane and airport tomorrow morning.ย
Last Monday’s Breakfast:
Roasted veggies and scrambled eggs. I had more eggs this week (you’ll see) than some have in a year.ย

I knocked out so much work on Monday! I headed to my parent’s house later that evening.ย
I took one of my delicious white chocolate macadamia nut muffins for the drive!
I received a fun package from General Mills ๐Ÿ™‚ Banana Nut Cheerios? Sign me up! They were so good!ย
Tuesday breakfast?
Same as Monday’s + kiwi ๐Ÿ™‚
And the day wouldn’t be complete without my Chemex! I am still addicted as ever. I tried the Italian Roast this time, and it was amazing.
Leo went to day camp all day, and Grumples sat by the door waiting for him. It’s cute how much they love each other! I went mirror shopping at Hobby Lobby! I’m trying to find a floor length one. I think what I’ve ultimately decided to do is buy a mirror at Home Depot and frame it myself with rustic wood.ย This would save me $100 and it I can design it the way I want.
I did find this industrial desk lamp. It was 40% off ๐Ÿ™‚ Hobby Lobby always has a 40% code. Make sure to download it before heading to the store!
I picked up a salad at Panera Bread on my way home. I always order the Fuji Apple salad and customize it by adding kale, cucumber, blueberries, grapes, pumpkin seeds, extra chicken, avocado, egg, and no cheese. I usually add two cups of kale from home and half the salad into a large bowl and then having the same thing the next day. The Panera salads are always so big!
I spent all day on the computer Wednesday, went to the gym for thirty minutes, walked with the dogs, threw on a face mask and then ate the rest of my Panera salad. I ended up watching Gilmore Girls and falling asleep at eight. ย
My dad and I spent the day together on Thursday. We headed to Roco Rotisserie for lunch. I ordered the 1/4 white meat chicken, a side salad, and rice pilaf. SO GOOD!
My dad and I played a couple of rounds of tennis because it was 65 degrees! The weather is hot and cold every other day right now.

After tennis, I headed to Starbucks to pick up one of my favorite holiday drinks. I order a skinny peppermint mocha latte with coconut milk, one extra shot of espresso, and only one pump of the mocha & peppermint. It’s just perfection and the perfect treat.ย
Thursday night dinner: quinoa & rice, leftover chicken, and a bell pepper stuffed with corn, sweet potato, and ground turkey.ย
I did a four-mile walk with Grumples after Leo went to camp. After the walk, I had sweet potatoes and two eggs.ย
I did an afternoon run before the temps dropped. I have been trying to do all of the hills lately! I have a 5k coming up, so I want to be able to stay alive during it. I remember when running three miles was so easy! I bet you wish your post-run mirror selfie was that pretty.
Post-run lunch/recovery smoothie:
1 scoop collagen peptides, ice, hemp seeds, strawberry protein powder, cashew milk, 1/2 banana, and water.
On Friday night, I decided to make one of my childhood favorites. My mom would make this meal at least once a week! We were in love with it as kids. It’s not the healthiest recipe, but still tasty!

Ever heard of chicken Rice a Roni? It’s THAT with a little twist.

1. brown the rice with olive oil. (two boxes)
2. add 2 pounds of diced chicken breast to a pan.
3. add packets of chicken rice a roni on top.
4. top chicken with browned rice and 4 cups of water.
5. top with two cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
6. bake 45 minutes.

Best tasting meal ever! (it’s more of a side) I haven’t made this recipe is YEARS! Kyle loved it.ย
I had a chicken salad to go with it. I made a honey mustard balsamic vinaigrette to go with it. (dressing recipe here)Saturday morning coffee!
Breakfast:
sweet potatoes & eggs!ย
I went out for a two-mile run, and two miles walk at the Riverwalk on Saturday afternoon. It was gorgeous out.
Kyle and I met up with some friends for dinner and a movie on Saturday night. We split some wings, and I ordered a Greek salad.ย
I met up with Meighan after breakfast on Saturday morning for a seven-mile walk with Leo! Kyle took Grumples on a walk while I was out.ย Meighan was watching an adorable dog named Bucky. He and Leo loved each other!
The walk was gorgeous, and Fall is slowly ending. Charlotte is beautiful this time of year.ย
I picked up some “pupuccinos” on the way back for the boys!ย Dinner: sweet potatoes and eggs!

Kyle and I headed out on a long walk with Grumples later in the evening, and I saw all the neighbors putting up their Christmas decorations. It inspired me to put my Christmas tree!ย
I will change up the mantel and do some more decor when I get back from our Thanksgiving trip. ย Kyle and I started watching the Law and Order Mendes Brother’s Case, and it’s so good. Perfect Sunday night binge-watch.ย
We are kind of obsessed with our dogs.ย
Starting Monday morning off right!ย
Oatmeal with hempseeds and trip to Home Depot!ย
Brussels Sprouts: olive oil, minced onion, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red chili flakes, and sea salt.ย
ย Teriyaki Chicken: Minced onion, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red chili flakes, and gluten-free teriyaki sauce.ย
Dinner perfection ๐Ÿ™‚ย

After a five-mile dog walk with the boys, I made the white chocolate & peppermint mocha muffins! SO GOOD! The recipe will be up soon.ย
My new runner came!:) I love the color, and it’s 13 feet long!ย
Dinner after our late night walk. Eggs, leftover chicken, and rice! Told you I ate more eggs this week than most people! I didn’t feel like going grocery shopping since I’ll be away for the Holidays! ๐Ÿ™‚

Questions for you!ย

1. What’s a childhood meal you haven’t had in so long? (even if it’s freezer section/boxed)
  2. Ever have an “egg all day, everyday” type of week?
  3. What are you looking forward to this Thanksgiving?

Comments

• Jenna

When you add sweet potatoes with your eggs, are they already roasted?

Reply to Jenna
  • Traci

Loved this post – adding kale to the Panera salad is such a great idea that never occurred to me! Makes the salad go further and you up your greens. Can’t wait to try that this week! Also, thanks for the Hobby Lobby code heads up, I didn’t know that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Traci
  • Lauren

Your home is always so darling! We bought a fixer upper a year ago and man is it a lot of work! Your blog with all your beautiful pictures of your home keeps me motivated that mine will soon be put together and will always be a work in progress! Any suggestion where you buy your rugs, pillows, blankets and such? As always a lovely Post! Happy holidays!

Reply to Lauren
  • Dana

Your office looks great

Reply to Dana
  • LJ

BEAUTIFUL photos!!

Reply to LJ
  • Lacey

Where did you get that awesome Vogue glass????

Reply to Lacey
  • Jenna

One of my favorite childhood meals that I haven’t had in a long time is mini meatloaves with corn and mashed potatoes. So good!
    I’m not that big of an egg fan. I love them, but I don’t think I could eat that many. I’m really trying to eat more though. I like them just between a hard and soft boiled!
    Thanksgiving I was looking forward to spending time with friends and family everywhere we went. We went to my boyfriend’s aunt’s house, my moms and my dads. It was a busy, but great day.

Reply to Jenna
  • Shannon

PLEASE READ THIS!

EGGS SHOULD NOT BE CONSUMED BY ANYONE.
    GO VEGAN.

Reply to Shannon
  • Darci Overton

pupuccinos?!?!?! Please explain ๐Ÿ™‚
    If there’s Freddy’s Frozen Custard try their Pup Cup mine LOVES it

Reply to Darci Overton
  • D

Eggs are all I ever eat on weekdays. It keeps me from going to restaurants and picking up fast food!

Reply to D
  • Anonymous

What kind of protein powder do you like for vegans

Reply to Anonymous
  • Cristy

Taralynne Iโ€™ve only just found your blog recently but Iโ€™m loving your posts and pics. Iโ€™ve towards the end of a lengthy weight loss journey and now getting into running. In fact I ran 3 miles for the first time without stopping on the weekend and Iโ€™m so happy! Iโ€™d love to eventually attempt a half marathon but for now Iโ€™m content with the shorter distances. And Iโ€™ll continue to gain foodie and sports inspiration from your awesome posts.
    With regard to childhood food loves, I live in Australia so I have a soft spot for Vegemite toast. Mmmmm.

Reply to Cristy

Hi Cristy!

So happy you found my blog ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats on your weight loss success! and yay for running three miles without stopping. I remember the moment I did the same! Only do the half when YOU are ready!!! It is an amazing accomplishment, but train slow ๐Ÿ˜€ I tried vegemite for the first time lol on a cracker though ๐Ÿ˜€

xo

• Zara

Cinnamon rolls are my childhood favorite!

Reply to Zara
  • Kylee

Is Kyle in the military?

Reply to Kylee
  • Caitlyn

Happy late Thanksgiving!!!
    One of my favorite child hood meals is one my dad used to make, it’s called corn beef stew with puerto rican arepas. It is the epitome of a poor mans dish but it is DELICIOUS!!! It is literally just corned beef and corn in a sauce and it goes on top of rice and the arepas are made from warm water and corn meal and they are fried, but man does it bring back memories. And as far as the eggs yes i know the feeling because I will have eggs for like everyday for like 2 weeks straight then wont eat it for a week then back at it again. It’s pretty bad lol. Also can I just say, is Charlotte even real???? It honestly looks like one of those fairytale towns you only see in movies, can it get any cuter, I mean come on!!

Reply to Caitlyn
  • Meghan Richer

Last winter my husband was out of town doing trainings during the week for about a month-literally all I ate for breakfast and dinner was eggs! I don’t get sick of them haha

My mom used to make boneless pork chops with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes a lot as a kid-I don’t think I’ve had it since I moved out, but it’s so good and simple, I’ll have to make it sometime.

What I looked forward to the most for Thanksgiving was my mom getting out of the hospital, she had surgery for a brain aneurysm and her discharge date was Thanksgiving! Thankful she is doing well. I hope your Thanksgiving was great! Looking forward to the post!

Reply to Meghan Richer

Hi, Meghan!

Lol I don’t get sick of them either!

You can’t go wrong with mashed potatoes and gravy.

I’m so happy your mom is doing well! I’ll keep her in my prayers!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

• H

When is your race? how far?

Reply to H
  • Ali

Your Instagram stories are amazing

Reply to Ali
  • Amber

I eat eggs like that all the time haha

Reply to Amber
  • Hannahh

Where is your desk from?

Reply to Hannahh
  • Jess

Will you be going out for black friday?

Reply to Jess
  • Chloe

Happy Thanksgiving and Safe travels! xo

I look forward to your posts every morning!

Reply to Chloe
  • Rebecca

Your tree looks amazing and your dogs are so cute!

Reply to Rebecca
  • Emily Lowe

Happy Thanksgiving, Taralynn!

We are going to Florida this year too!

Reply to Emily Lowe
  • Anonymous

Those muffins look mouthwatering. When will you post the recipe?

Reply to Anonymous
  • Anonymous

Where did you get your tree?

Reply to Anonymous
  • Hallie

Where is your green coat from?

Reply to Hallie
  • nicole @ bento momentos

I LOVE beef a roni and suddenly salad as a kid. How many cartons of eggs do you go through a week? I like the convenience of egg whites in a carton from costco.

Reply to nicole @ bento momentos
  • Charlotte

The walk pictures! ๐Ÿ™‚ what a gorgeous part of the world you live in.

Reply to Charlotte
  • Rian

What brand of running shoes do you buy?

Reply to Rian
  • Sarah

Hi Taralynn! Happy Thanksgiving!
    I haven’t had Kraft Mac and Cheese since I was a kid. I used to eat that stuff all the time!
    I love eggs! Now I don’t feel bad when I eat them all day!
    I am looking forward to spending time with my family who I only see on holidays. We live so far away, that it’s hard to see them other than holidays, but when we’re together, it’s like we never spent time apart!
    Have a wonderful day with your family!

Reply to Sarah

Hi, Sarah!

Happy Thanksgiving ๐Ÿ™‚

I haven’t had Kraft Mac and Cheese in so long either! We used to eat it with peas and little smokies!

Hahaha THEY ARE BEST!

Have the best time with your family and drink tons of wine!! xo xo

• Whitney

Love your recaps!

Reply to Whitney
  • Julia

Where are you going for Thanksgiving?

Reply to Julia
  • Siobhan

I am excited to go home for Thanksgiving tomorrow. My parents only live 45 minutes away so I see them all the time but going home for Thanksgiving is still special. I just made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to bring home for dessert too. Theyโ€™re so tasty ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you have a lovely trip!

Reply to Siobhan

It’s a special holiday! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and it amazing food! Those muffins sound PERFECT for Thanksgiving!!! xo

• Susie @ Mile High Dreamers

Your puppies are the cutest! That pic of him eating the candy was so cute.

Oh my gosh, one of the things from my childhood that I now need to make ASAP is welsh rarebit! It’s a fancy sounding name for pretty much toast with delicious cheese sauce over it haha. My mom used to make it! SO GOOD!

Over the summer, Natural Grocers had organic pasture raised eggs on sale for $2 (they’re usually stupid expensive!) and we literally bought 7 dozen hahaha. SO MANY EGGS. By the time we ate them all, we didn’t want to see another egg for a very long time.

Aside from all the yummy eats, I just love being with my family cooking and hanging out all day. Now that everyone is older, it’s hard to get the family together. So I just love being under the same roof. Oh… and PIE!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reply to Susie @ Mile High Dreamers

Thanks, Susie!!

Leo is definitely a character.

WHAT? THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD! Funny how the recipes we loved as a kid were always so easy to make.

hahahaha looks like you’re going to have an eggtastic week!

That is the best part of Thanksgiving fo sure!

• marti @fitwithheart

not even kidding when i say i eat SO MANY eggs and egg whites! haha

Reply to marti @fitwithheart
  • Shanon

Childhood meal: Eggs in Purgatory so so good http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/eggs-in-purgatory-recipe-1944671

Eggs: I love them and buy farm fresh from a co worker. These are so much tastier than store bought!

Thanksgiving: Hanging with family , binge watching 80’s movies (hello Goonies) and reading lots

Reply to Shanon

I’ve never heard of that! The recipe looks so unique and SO GOOD! I might have to make that for fun! & I love Giada!

I just found a local farm around me that just started selling them:) I’ll be doing the same!

Sounds like a great holiday!

• Kelsey Weissner

Hi Taralynn! Happy Thanksgiving Eve to you too!

A childhood meal that I haven’t had in a while would definitely be fish sticks, Kraft macaroni and cheese, and peas! Well, I eat peas A LOT because they have so much protein for a veggie, but I don’t really eat the other 2 things anymore. But if my mom were to put a plate in front of me, I would indulge and take a trip down memory lane ๐Ÿ™‚

So funny story about eggs.. I was eating them very frequently since they’re so cheap and easy to make. But I’ve somehow developed a sensitivity to them and eating eggs now makes me super nauseous and on the verge of being sick! I read that this happens to certain people, so removing them from my diet for several weeks and slowly reintroducing them should help my body “reset”. We will see!

I’m looking forward to spending time with my family and my boyfriend’s family tomorrow. Family time is so important to me and I love that we have this holiday specifically to be thankful for them! Oh, and I’m also looking forward to cranberry sauce from a can hahaha! Enjoy your trip and happy Thanksgiving!

xo Kelsey

Reply to Kelsey Weissner
    • Courtney

Ugh, I feel your pain. Was a chronic egg eater until one day it felt like I could no longer digest them. I had horrible stomach cramps, and ended up vomiting every time I ate one. I went to the docs who confirmed eggs are known to cause allergic reactions after chronically eating them due to some sort of enzyme build up in your body. I had to go egg-free for a long, long time. But now, after 9 years, I am able to have one egg and don’t have any negative side effects. Any more than that, I’ll be sick as a dog. Hope you outgrow yours quickly!

Reply to Courtney

Hi, Kelsey!

MMM so good (not sure I’d eat them now) but I used to love having fish sticks with mayo & ketchup sauce!!

That is crazy but I heard you can definitely develpoe and allergy (we were just atlking about this yeterday) I formed an allergy for shellfish! I have to have Bendryhl before eating.

Hope you had an amazing thanksgiving!

• Shawna

Love your post run mirror selfie! LOL

Reply to Shawna
  • Jane

I had an egg-cellent week too!

Reply to Jane
  • Dana

Now that you mention it, I would have to say Rice-a-Roni as well. I’ve also been craving Kraft mac n cheese lately.

I’m more of eggs every day for breakfast type.

My mom’s pie! This year it’s a recipe from the 50’s with lemon, walnuts and cherries.

Happy ๐Ÿฆƒ day!

Reply to Dana

Ohhhhh haven’t had KM&C in a long time! We used to make it with peas and little smokies growing up.

Eggs for breakfast are great too!

wow! that pie sounds amazing!

• Jennifer

My mom used to always make us chef boyardee pizza! Using the packet at the store to make crust, the sauce w/cheese, then add the “sprinkle” Parmesan on top w/pepperoni — SO GOOD.

Girl, I have eggs all day everyday.

I look forward to having days off of work! Not a whole lot planned, but it shall be good! Have fun on your trip!

Reply to Jennifer

Hahaha we never had the Chef Boyardee pizza but we downed a can of that stuff almost every night for dinner!

errrday allday

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1. There’s this dish called GUO BIAN HU that’s well known in my local town in China (I live in Canada now) and it’s made of floury, paper thin square like sheets. ๐Ÿ™‚ I loved it and it’s often cooked with mini shrimps.

2.I LOVE eggs! Fry them, boil them, poach them…ahh ๐Ÿ™‚ I love it when the yolks are runny.

• Melissa FitzGerald

1. Every time weโ€™d lose power from a hurricane, my mom would always make franks and beans with meunster cheese! It was always my favorite hurricane food. I canโ€™t really say itโ€™s been โ€œso longโ€ since Iโ€™ve had it since I made her make it when we got hit by Hurricane Irma two months ago, but before that it had been YEARS!

2. Iโ€™m far too familiar with โ€œegg all day, everydayโ€ weeks. I had lots of them when I was a broke college student. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Iโ€™m super excited to spend time with my family, but my brother is taking us to the Biltmore which makes it even better! I canโ€™t wait. I love that place!

Reply to Melissa FitzGerald

That is such an odd combo, but probably so good! Glad you’re safe with the hurricanes!

Lol guess I love the broke college kid diet ๐Ÿ˜‰

AHHHHH HAVE FUN! so jealous! The Biltmore house red!:) my fave wine if you go to the winery!

• April Johnson

I haven’t had chicken pot pies in years! My mom always kept them in the freezer when I was growing up for those busy/lazy days that cooking didn’t get done. I’m honestly surprised I don’t keep them in my freezer for my kids. Maybe I should prep some!

I don’t know about an egg week, but I will have a tendency to eat eggs all day. Just today I had scrambled eggs for breakfast and then a hard boiled egg as a snack. Haha

Besides the obvious pleasure of spending a day with my family, I am looking forward to cooking and entertaining! It is something I truly enjoy. I plan on having some people over for a Friendsgiving type thing on Friday, so I have huge menu planned. Can’t wait!

Reply to April Johnson

OMG! Yes. We LOVED chicken pot pies as a kid. Making a homemade chicken pot pie is on my list of things to do! they look so fun to make.

Eggs are so versatile!

Perfect Thanksgiving!

• Hannah

Your decor looks amazing! I want to have coffee and cozy up next to that tree.

Reply to Hannah
  • Jenn

Alright, that recipe has me a little confused lol. So brown the rice, just the rice and not the seasoning? And add two packets of rice a roni on top of the chicken…do you mean the seasoning on the chicken?

Reply to Jenn
  • Eden

That rice a roni dish looks bomb!

Reply to Eden
  • Amanda McCaffrey

1. My mom used to make this dish called pierogi lasagna and I absolutely loved it, it was my favorite thing she would make! My parents are now snowbirds and spend half their year in Arizona but my mama will be back for December and the first thing I wanna do is sit down for a pierogi lasagna meal with her. ๐Ÿ™‚
    2. This week! I am one sick girlie with a chest and sinus infection so I’m camped out on my couch eating soup and eggs. Easy, quick and filling.
    3. I’m Canadian so we already had our Thanksgiving but I cannot wait for some online Black Friday sales so I can finish up my Christmas shopping! And I can’t wait to get a text from my dad down in Arizona telling me he misses my pecan pie while they have their meal. ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Amanda McCaffrey

Hi, Amanda!

That sounds incredible! I always loved my mom’s lasagna! She makes it every Christmas!

I hope you feel better!!!! I guess you’ll just have to shop until you drop on the couch! ๐Ÿ˜‰ xoxo

• Kristin

Your tree and fireplace are so cute!!!

Reply to Kristin
  • Kristen

Fav meal as a kid: meatloaf w/ biscuits and homemade mashed potatoes! Yum!

I LOVE eggs. I eat them almost every day for breakfast, scrambled, over easy, sandwiches, etc

Looking forward to spending time with family, eating good food, having a long weekend ;), & drinking some sangria that Iโ€™m gonna make!!!!

Happy thanksgiving ๐Ÿฆƒ

Reply to Kristen
  • Jessica

Have a great time on your trip!

Reply to Jessica
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

I love, love, love the Christmas decor! โค Looks so warm and cosy! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Melissa Sutton

I have a running question. What do you do when it gets really cold? What running winter gear do you suggest? In the past I quit running during the cold months but I rather not do that because running keeps me sane! Thanks!

Reply to Melissa Sutton

Hi, Melissa!

Luckily it doesn’t get TOOOOOO cold here. There are some 20-degree running days, but it’s rare. I always wear WARM leggings (under armour/hylette/athleta) and you have to keep running gradually with the weather change to get yourself used to it. I always do a headband around my ears (hats are annoying) gloves with finger holes for my fingertips, thick socks, a long sleeve pullover dryfit with a jacket over the top. You don’t want to layer too much because you’ll end up wanting to take it off.