Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Raisin Muffins

Good Morning, Everyone! & Happy Friday.

Today is OFFICIAL Fall. That means I can head to Hobby Lobby and get seasonal decor for my porch and house. I’ve been holding out until the official date. ๐Ÿ™‚ But, the sad thing is that it feels nothing like fall. It feels like the dog days of summer still. The humidity, the heat, the green trees…nothing fall about it. Our fall happens around mid-October. I have noticed cooler mornings and cooler nights, so that’s nice. I will just have to bring the fall spirit alive by heading to Bath & Body Works to get a new candle, shop for porch pumpkins, drink pumpkin spiced lattes, and by adding fall recipes to the blog!

Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon & Raisin Muffins With Coconut Whipped Topping (Or frosting? Whatever you wanna call it!)
Before I headed to California for my trip, I made these incredible tasting pumpkin apple muffins with a coconut whipped topping. My mom has been pressuring me for this recipe for the past couple of weeks because she fell in love with them on the first bite. I may have too.

These muffins are light, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, no added sugars, and super healthy! It’s crazy how good they taste for being so light and on the healthier side.ย

5 from 9 votes

Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Raisin Muffins

Course Dessert
Prep Time 18 minutes
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 28
Author Taralynn McNitt

Ingredients

• 1 Cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour (or non-gluten free)
  • 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
  • 1 1/4 Cups Swerve (or your choice of sweetener)
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Pumpkin Spice
  • 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon (1/2 for muffin batter & 1/2 for apple seasoning)
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 2 Large Egg Whites
  • 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
  • 15 Ounces Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk (or almond/regular)
  • 1 Small Red Apple
  • 1 Small Green Apple
  • 3 Ounces Raisins
  • 1 Tablespoon Honey
  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
  • 1 Cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Whipped Cream

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

2. Add all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller mixing bowl, add the eggs and vanilla together.

3. Add diced red and green apples to a cast iron (or regular frying pan.) Add a little cooking spray and lightly brown them. Add the raisins into the hot pan and combine. Set aside.

4. Mix together the dry ingredients. Stir in the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.

5. Slowly pour the milk into the bowl and stir. If it's still too thick, add a couple extra tablespoons of milk one at a time.

6. Line a muffin pan, or spray the edges of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup sized scoops into the pan.

7. Mix 1/2 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon into the bowl of apples.

8. Top the muffins with a scoop of apples.

9. Drizzle a little honey over the top of each muffin.

10. Bake for 18-22 Minutes. All ovens cook differently, so keep an eye on them and use one as your test muffin. Cut it open to make sure it's not gooey inside. These muffins are super moist!

11. While the muffins are baking/or cooling, prepare the topping! You can make your own coconut milk whipped cream, or take the easy route and buy it (like me.) I combined the coconut milk whipped cream and shredded coconut together. I placed it in the freezer for twenty minutes to thicken up.

12. When the muffins are completely cooled, top them with two tablespoons of the whipped coconut topping. Sprinkle cinnamon on top!

13. Keep these stored in the refrigerator when you're not serving for best quality.

Recipe Notes

Nutrition Per Muffin + Topping: 165 Calories, 17g Carbs, 4g Fiber, 4g Protein, 7g Sugar

Makes 28 Muffinsย

Without Topping:

122 Calories, 14g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 3g Protein, 4g Sugar

This is the perfect time of year for incorporating apples into your meals. I put apple picking on my bucket list for this fall. Can you believe I’ve never been to an apple orchard? I love apples, so I need to make that happen. If you know of any good orchards in the Carolinas, let me know!ย
This made me want to make apple pie or crisp ๐Ÿ™‚ย
Apples and raisins go together like peas and carrots.
Oh, how I’ve missed you, Pumpkin.ย I like to use a fork to “beat” all the ingredients together.ย
Pour the milk in gradually. If it’s too thick, slowly add in extra tablespoons of milk.ย
Any milk will work for this recipe.ย ย The batter is dangerously good.
Nutrition (Makes 28 Muffins)

Per Muffin + Topping: 165 Calories, 17g Carbs, 4g Fiber, 4g Protein, 7g Sugar

Without Topping:

122 Calories, 14g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 3g Protein, 4g Sugarย ย
I sprayed the edges of the liners, and the pumpkin muffins fell right out. I ended up taking them off afterward. You don’t even have to use them. Just spray the pan, and you’ll be all set!

ย This recipe makes 28 muffins! Let the muffins cool before adding any of the topping.ย  ย
Mix the coconut milk whipped topping & shreded coconut together. Freeze! If you want to make your own coconut milk frosting, I found a good recipe here!ย
And the frosting is 100% optional. They are delicious on their own as well. You can also play around with the frosting and add vanilla and swerve to it.

I also thought about adding a glaze to the top.ย
You’ll want to store these in the refrigerator. It’ll keep them moist and fresh longer.ย
Questions for you!

1. Does it feel like fall where you’re at?
  2. Have you ever been to an apple orchard?
  3. What is your favorite fall dessert?

Comments

• Rahul Yadav

Sounds like a perfect breakfast for me! Yum!

Reply to Rahul Yadav
  • Linda @ the Fitty

YES YES YES PUMPKIN SPICE!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Ashley

If I used almond flour for my gluten free flour, what would the ratio be? Also where do you get the so delicious whipped milk? Or whatever you called it lol

Thanks!

Reply to Ashley
  • Teri

Looks super tasty! What program do you use to edit your photos? They always look so beautiful!

Reply to Teri
  • Jessica Brown

It absolutely does not feel like fall in St. Louis. Super gross still. We are waiting on Wednesday when the weather breaks.

I love going to the orchards but they charge so much more than the store for the apples, sometimes we suck it up and just do it but we haven’t this year yet.

My number one favorite fall treat is a pumpkin cookie with brown sugar icing from a book I’ve had forever. It’s a stable in our house for fall and gift giving.

I will definitely be making these though, they look amazing!

Reply to Jessica Brown
  • Jax

I made this recipe into a loaf! It turned out great, but I added 1/2 banana as well.

Reply to Jax
  • Rayna

Yummy!

Reply to Rayna
  • Alison

How fall are these!

I am going to make them for Church next Sunday!

Reply to Alison
  • Sara

I live near Charlotte area. There are several great apple orchards in the mountains, and you could always go to one of the apple or pumpkin festivals to get fresh apples as well! One of my favorites is the Wilkesboro Apple Festival.

Reply to Sara
  • Susie @ Mile High Dreamers

Yummmmmm! These look SO yummy. Especially with the baked apple goodness on top. We just made pumpkin banana loaves last weekend too! It’s so easy to make the pumpkin treats healthier by adding another sweet fruit rather than lots of sugar :). This is next up on the baking list!
    Also, we LOVE the coconut whipped, it’s our favorite topping on pancakes and waffles! Such a good idea to mix something in with it!

And it definitely feels like fall today in Boulder. Yesterday it was 87 degrees and sunny and today, 55 and cloudy. Ahhhh, Colorado weather haha.

Have a great weekend!

Reply to Susie @ Mile High Dreamers

Pumpkin and Banana pair so perfectly together! I bet those loaves were so tasty!

It’s great for dips too!

Ugh, I want to be in Boulder so bad. Funny enough I looked at flights today lol

• Michelle

I love everything about this recipe. It’s so clean! You should open your own healthy living store.

Reply to Michelle

I’ve usually heard of pumpkin and spice and everything nice, and then apple cinnamon, but never the two together as a combo! Should be a double whammy winner. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Brooklyn

I’m not a pumpkin fan (I so wish I was!) but these look really good. Apple and raisins are so yummy! So maybe I’ll try it out ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Britt

Adding these to my Sunday baking list!

Reply to Britt
  • Chelsea @ Just Me Chelsea B.

Ah! I have to make those ASAP! They sound amazing!! It’s still not feeling like Fall here in Arkansas either, so I completely understand!! Someone needs to get Mother Nature a PSL ASAP to kick her into gear! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Thanks for the recipe!! I can’t wait to try it!!

Reply to Chelsea @ Just Me Chelsea B.

Yes, you should! ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh, it’s definitely NOWHERE near fall, but I can dream!

Hahaha they need to make her something ๐Ÿ˜‰

xo xo

• Teresa

Hiya!

It’s 93 degrees today – it feels like the 4th of July! I’m so ready to break out my cooler temp running clothes and enjoy the leaves!

I used to go apple picking as a kid. We tried to go last year and timing didn’t work out. Hoping we can find a cool fall day to go this year! I can only imagine how beautiful an orchard would be in NC. I hope you get to check it off your list this season.

To be perfectly honest, the favorite fall dessert in our house are the healthy pumpkin cake/bars with vanilla cream cheese frosting that you made for your Dad and posted a few years back. I have the post/recipe printed out and I make it a handful of times throughout the fall/winter seasons. My husband is crazy about them too.

Have a good weekend girl!

Reply to Teresa

Hi, Teresa! (That’s my mom’s name :D)

I feel ya on that! It was SO hot today, but the leaves are slightly changing, so that’s cool. It’s also SO cool in the mornings and evenings! I love it. I’m excited for the days where it’s just 60’s.

I have two orchards on the list! Thanks to some reader’s suggestions! I cannot wait to go ๐Ÿ˜€

My mom was actually requesting those lol. I think I’m going to make them today, but change around the recipe and make it even healthier. Make sure you look out for them!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great weekend as well.

Taralynn

• Anonymous

Hey, if you’re looking for apple orchards. In Hendersonville, NC is a popular one called sky top and they allow dogs (if you were looking to bring yours). It’s beautiful there, also more in your neck of the woods in York there is windy hill. They make hard ciders but have an orchard and regular ciders as well. They also allow dogs (I love bringing mine everywhere with me so I always check). So excited for fall!

Reply to Anonymous

Oh wow! That is so great to know! I’ve heard of the Windy Hill one in York, I may have to stop out at that one too! I also LOVE Hendersonville!

• Juliette | Namastay Traveling

These have all my favorite fall ingredients! But I feel ya, it’s nearly 90 degrees in DC! Ready for some chill in the air for sure.

Reply to Juliette | Namastay Traveling
  • Carrie this fit chick

I freakin’ LOVE Fall! And muffins are a huge Fall staple. The freshly grilled fruit is such a nice touch!

Reply to Carrie this fit chick
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

This is so perfect for fall. Pumpkin, apple AND cinnamon – sounds like a delicious combination!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog