Tubing Adventure on the Catawba River!

Hey, guys! Hope you all had a great weekend πŸ™‚

Mine was relaxing. I managed to fit in a lot of walking miles, and I even headed out on my first run in 40 days! I promised myself to take a break, and it felt good to get back out there. I will talk more about that later when I do a recap post! Right now, I want to share my Sunday river tubing adventure. Oh, and I cannot wait to do it again. Kyle laughed at me because I said I wanted to do it every day of my life. I wasn’t kidding…talk about therapeutic. This activity will definitley be added to my Charlotte list!Β

Becca and I decided to meet up around noon to get ready for our excursion. We could have gone earlier, but let’s be real. We both like our morning time with coffee.
Last week, Becca and I were trying to plan something fun for the weekend. We talked about going to the beach, or hanging at the pool, but then remembered seeing people tube down the river and how fun it looked. We immediately bought this double tube on Amazon with paddles and planned the entire day. A double tube was a must because I did not want to break away and be stranded without her. The tube was actually pretty cheap too and so durable. We didn’t have to worry about it being a cheap tube that would pop just by hitting a rock. Here is the link for the River Run 2 if you’re intrested! Purchasing the add-on oars is a must if you’re going to go down a river! It was the best $5 investment we’ve ever made.Β
Of course, no one would believe we actually floated down the river if we didn’t have photo proof, so we purchased a waterproof camera case for my old cell phone. I figured if anything happened to it, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal! The case worked so well and there wasn’t a drop of water on the phone! The cases are $59 at Target, but I found the same one on Amazon for $22!

Sunscreen is also a must! Even if you want to get color, you still need sunscreen! Being under the sun for almost four hours is so dangerous, especially during the peak hours. I applied 50 on my body over and over again and still got color. We also brought waterproof bags to keep our keys and other little items in.Β
I brought my pink and purple cooler bag to put in the middle of the tube. The bag fit perfectly! You can get the same bag for $12. I bought mine at Marshalls, but I saw it on Amazon as well. We filled it up with snacks, ice, energy drinks, sparkling water, smart water, champagne, and more!

In the back of the tube, there was a compartment for clothes, books, or anything else you wanted to stay dry. I could literally live in this tube. Obsessed.Β
There are several places you can start. We dropped Becca’s car off at the Riverwalk and decided to start at the Fort Mill access. That’s about a 3 1/2 mile ride, which equals almost four hours (depending on the current.) We went on a very calm day, so I’m excited to do it when it’s a bit windier!

This was my first time tubing down the Catawba! Becca has kayaked it before, so I felt a bit more comfortable knowing she was familiar with the river.

And just like that…we were off!Β
If you’re wondering how I look tan with wearing as much sunscreen as I do, it’s because I use Jergens Body Glow + Firming Cream! It helps with cellulite, scars, and all those lovely jiggle spots. It gradually adds tan daily. I’m pretty obsessed with it. It’s not one of those self tanners that turns your fingers and toes orange.
Becca and I cracked up the whole time because our faces were ghostly with all the sunscreen we had on!Β
I had about five sparkling waters in the first two hours of our ride. I bounced between Cherry Lime La Croix and Berry Dasani!
And then we popped open a bottle of champagne. Lamarca Prosecco is amazing…
It was so fun when we went through choppy spots!Β
Some of you were asking about this top on one of my blog posts from Hawaii. I bought this at Victoria Secret and it comes in all kinds of different colors! It’s the Cage Front High-Neck Crop!Β
Β  Sometimes you’d be going towards a giant rock or drifting to the side, so the oars were a must! I felt so sorry for the people who didn’t have them. Sometimes we’d even be on the still water, so we were going nowhere. At one point, we were in the same spot for twenty minutes and didn’t realize it until we noticed how far ahead some of the people were that passed us and we were next to the same bridge the entire time. We died laughing!Β
I also found these cute little cluster bohemian bracelets at Target:)Β

We packed Planters Nutrition honey nut protein clusters with us for energy!Β

This was exactly what we needed. There was nothing more relaxing than floating down the river, disconnected from our phones, no one around to bother us, lots of girl talk, and being surrounded by nature. I’ve been going through a tough time lately with some things, and my stress levels have been out the door. This made me realize that it’s the small things in life that are important and that I have to take care of myself first. I consider this therapy.Β
Β
Layering more sunscreen!
Xyience is my favorite energy drink. It’s all natural and filled with vitamins! I always drink this on road trips when I don’t want to settle for gas station coffee. I already can’t wait to grab one after my workout tonight.
SUNSCREEN ROUND THREE.Β Β  Β Β
Little duckies and blueberries! I’m so obsessed with the Little Duck Organic Gummies. They are always at the Target checkout. I get them everytime Becca and I go, so she surprised me with my own bag. It’s the small things that excite me. I know that they are probably for little kids, but they are filled with probiotics, vitamins and made with real fruit, so it’s a win in my books!
Once you get to the first bridge, you have about 45 minutes left.Β  Β  Β  Β Β
It’s a lot of fun going under the bridges!Β
Β
I wanted to go again…
I think Becca and I are going to try to float down around 4:30 pm sometime so we can catch the sunset. The sun falls right onto the Catawba River at sunset and it’s absolutely breathtaking.Β
Here is a photo of the sun setting on the Catawba River. I took this last year!Β
Once we got out of the water at the Riverwalk, we deflated the tube, and headed back to the Fort Mill Access! This was such a fun and inexpensive activity to do, and I honestly can’t wait to go again and again. I can’t believe it took me this long to do it!
We headed to Baxter Village for a post-float coffee! We were ZONKED from the water.Β
This was one of the best days ever, and I can’t wait for more adventures!

Questions for you!

1. Would you ever float down the river?
  2. Does nature help you when you’re feeling stressed?
  3. What is your favorite excursion to do with your best friends?

PS there are affiliate links in my post!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Comments

• Meredith

Hi Tara! Thanks for your post on this–we are planning to go this weekend after reading πŸ™‚ I actually want to surprise my husband because he loves stuff like this! Would you be able to give me a few more details on how to get to the Fort Mill access? I am familiar with The Pump House and that area, so I am assuming we park near there and then drive to down to the access to load into the river? I would love to do it your way vs. going with a tubing company…they don’t have many scheduled trips for this river and we already have the tube so need to put it to good use! Any info would be helpful! Thank you!!

Reply to Meredith

Definitely do not go through the tubing company. SO MUCH EASIER to do it yourself. Just take two cars! One park at the Riverwalk near the pump house, and then both hop into the 2nd car and drive to the fort mill access. There is a huge parking lot and you’ll see a ton of other people tubing. Type “Catawba River Access Fort Mill Dam” into your GPS. Once you float all the way to river walk, you can get into car number one and then head to car number two! πŸ™‚ It’ll take about four hours!:)

• Lacey

Cute suit!

Reply to Lacey
  • Alison

This look so cool! We go all the time in Alaska. It’s scary with all the wildlife, but we bring guns.

Reply to Alison
  • Anonymous

That latte looks amazing and thank you for pushing the importance of sunscreen

Reply to Anonymous
  • Kate

Thank you for the recommendation! My bestie and I ended up buying the same tube and floating down the Catawba yesterday! What a thrill it was πŸ™‚ Hopefully we run into you one day! -Kate

Reply to Kate
  • Drake

oh fun!

Reply to Drake
  • Olivia

I just bought the same suit at VS and I love it! I don’t have boobs either so it fits nice lol

Reply to Olivia
  • Anonymous

I WANT TO GO TUBING NOW!

Reply to Anonymous
  • Haley

Did you order the paddles too?

Reply to Haley
  • Jane

This look so fun!

Reply to Jane
  • Shanna

I’m glad to see your trip was more successful than mine. We were not prepared at all. We do have some good floating areas around here. We actually have a river that runs through our town. At the same time, we’re a pretty mountainous area so it’s tough to find places close that you can float for a long time without it turning into white water rafting.

Reply to Shanna
  • Emily L.

I’ve gone tubing once years ago and it was SO much fun! Your recap post is making me want to go again! I love love love your pictures too. What camera do you use? My Nikon D3000 is on its death bed and I want to try something different. Keep up all your great encouragement! πŸ˜€

Reply to Emily L.
  • Fay

I love tubing! And its has been awhile since I had any tubing adventure.

Love reading ur blog x

Reply to Fay
  • Hannah Schwartz

1. I have never floated down a river, but I did go white water rafting last summer in Bend, Oregon! It was a blast and I definitely recommend it. I was scared at first, but the thrill was the best.
    2. Nature is the perfect therapy. I love going on walks and listening to a podcast when I need to get away for a bit, and running of course! Podcasts always make my long runs and walks barable as I am not as into music. Eves dropping into someone’s conversation is the best!
    3. I would have to going on walks! Best time to get in some girly chats.

Reply to Hannah Schwartz

Ok…White water rafting is SO MUCH FUN! I did it in Wyoming when I was in 7th grade. I would totally go again and again!

I never thought about listening to a podcast on a hike, but I may have to look into it!

YES! AAGREE.

• Marcella

Tubing is one of my favorite things in the summer!! I live in Texas and that’s like the only way we cool off in the summer, haha. Here’s a link to a picture of how packed it can get in the river!

It’s so nice to float down the river in the cool water with the cypress trees and a nice Austin cider in your hand. That’s so funny that it was just you two on the river, it would never be that empty here πŸ™‚

Reply to Marcella
  • Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

1. I would absolutely float down the river. I love all things water. I usually canoe and kayak a few times each summer, and would LOVE to go tubing. We have a few good places nearby, but I just haven’t had the chance.

2. Definitely. I love any type of exercise or just a mental break if I’m stressed. So a hike, bike ride or run are all easy go-to’s for me!

3. Drink wine. Umm, but seriously. I love being able to sit outside, in the sun, or at night by a campfire, test out new snack recipes and some new wine. And catch up. I feel like with work schedules and living not so close to each other makes spur of the moment events hard, so we always have plenty to talk about when we see each other!

Reply to Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

Hi, Jessie!

I know you would totally do it!!! πŸ™‚ You wedding and honeymoon looked like a dream! Congrats πŸ˜€

Bike rides are always therapeutic.

I think I’ll be WINING tonight.

I wish we lived closer! Your lifestyle sounds like so much fun.

• Carly

So sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough time :/ Nature and friends are always the best therapy/stress relief in my book! I also always try to remind myself that the stress and hard times are all temporary and things will be good again.

After reading your post I’m literally googling “where can I float down a river near me”! It looks like you and Becca had so much fun!

My favorite excursion with my best friends is hiking, walking by the ocean (or river), or happy hour on patios!

Reply to Carly
  • Jordan

That looks so cool! Currently in the process of planning a river trip VERY soon!! I need it, and it’s such a great mini-vacation!

Reply to Jordan
  • allison

I love your suit.

Reply to allison
  • Ashton Jury

I have to admit I’m super jealous of your river float! All of the bridges were gorgeous too, and I definitely agree you need to go back at sunset! I’m going to Havasu in July and I think I will have to pick up that floatie you suggested because it looks perfect! I love your swim suit top too, Victoria Secret is one of my favorite places to get swim wear, and I have pretty much been living in the Pink! workout wear. I love hiking with friends, and my of course getting coffee cappuccinos are the best! My bestie is a bartender for Disney at there TIki themed bar Trader Sams so now our new obsession is checking out all the different types of Tiki bars!

Reply to Ashton Jury
  • Olivia

I wish we had more outdoors stuff like that to do where I live! I love reading about your hiking adventures and running trails and now this! In Florida, all our rivers are filled with gators and we have no mountains to hike lol.

Reply to Olivia
  • Haley

This inspired my weekend plans. Thank you!

Reply to Haley
  • Quinn

The sunscreen and tube love made me laugh so hard!

Reply to Quinn
  • Chloe

You girls are brave!

Reply to Chloe
  • Monique

I’ve never been tubing, but I’d love to do it. I’m putting it on my list of things to do when I head to New Zealand in the new year. I love the idea of the cooler pack!

Reply to Monique
  • Orsi

Tara! This post was amazing. Even reading it made me relaxed haha Looked like such a fun time. Made me miss my best friend but she is coming from Hungary this month for my birthday and I shared your post with her so we might do this! Arizona has some amazing creeks. Thanks for sharing! That tube is very cozy! I laughed out loud when you said you could live in it! πŸ˜€ Sending you positive energy to help with whatever you are going through!

Reply to Orsi

Thanks, Orsi!!

Oh, what a fun month you have ahead of you! Excited. Becca used to go tubing in AZ! I’ve heard it’s s fun. Lol I’m obsessed with my tube πŸ˜€

xo & I appreciate your kind words.

• Jess

My boyfriend and I have the same tube and we LOVE it…it’s so sturdy and comfortable. We live near the Susquehanna river in PA and try to go several times over the summer. It’s a blast when you get a big group together!

Reply to Jess
  • Brooklyn

Woah! Can I magically teleport and come do this with you guys?! This looks so fun.
    Being in nature, especially around water, is so relaxing. This sounds like the perfect day!

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Jessica

I seriously have no use for this river tube but how you described it in this post; i want to buy myself one. LOL. I’m glad you and Becca had fun, it sounds like a good time.

Reply to Jessica
  • Susie @ Mile High Dreamers

AHHHHH this looks SO FUN! Isn’t it crazy how just unplugging from the world and spending that time with people who you love recharges you? It’s so therapeutic, and it needs to happen more often! Also, you and Becca look AWESOME. Both of your guys’ hard work is clearly paying off!

I would definitely do river floating again (I’ve done it before like, 11 years ago – we’ve mostly stuck to Boulder Creek lately). But I think I’ve watched one too many episodes of River Monsters haha, so the champagne would be a must!

Nature is honestly one of the best stress relief tools for me. And we’re lucky to live right next to the Boulder Foothills. But I don’t use it nearly as often as I should. Ben is so great about hiking almost daily, and he says that the second he gets on a trail, he just feels FREE. It’s so effective, and it’s free!

I think my favorite activity with my girlfriends is snowboarding! It’s so much fun – riding the mountain, grabbing drinks in between runs, and smashing some delicious french fries and waffles at the end. The perfect day!

Reply to Susie @ Mile High Dreamers
  • Carlee

Was this like a group thing or you can just go whenever? Looks like the floating I’ve done, just on a must larger scale! You do some of the coolest stuff, girl!

Reply to Carlee
  • Dana

Looks like a ton of fun…try Zen Tubing next time you are in Asheville!!
    Curious…what is Becca’s tattoo on her forearm???

Reply to Dana
  • Sarah F

Floating the river is so so so much fun! As a fellow river rat, please please PLEASE, don’t take glass when floating down a river. I’m sure you were really careful, but if you hit a bump and that glass drops into the river and breaks, it so hard to see and someone could seriously hurt themselves. There are tons reuseable pouches out there to put whatever you need to in them.

Hope you get to go again soon! If you ever come to Texas, we’re the queen of river floats πŸ™‚

Reply to Sarah F
  • Katy

This looks sooo fun! I am going at the end of July on a couples trip to float the Harpth near Nashville! This makes me excited for that. Some others are taking kyaks but we don’t have them so I was intrested in this float. How did you get it aired up and was it easy to deflate?

Thanks for posting. Its my favorite thing to do in the mornings after working out while sipping my coffee before my girls wake up!

Reply to Katy

Hi Katy!

That sounds like so much fun! It was so easy to air up. We used an electric air thing to do it, but it took 30 seconds to deflate!

XO XO XO I totally understand those coffee moments! xo

• Tara Roadway

We have a river in a nearby town and I’ve been kayaking, canoing, and tubing down it for years! I’m so glad you enjoyed it because it is so therapeutic to let the water take you away from the world for a little while. Pro tip: if you decide to go with more people and are scared of separating on the river, just bring some ropes and carabiners and tie up to everyone – we call it making a barge. Have fun!

Reply to Tara Roadway
  • Kate

Once you tubed down, how did you get back to your car? Did you use a tubing service to drive you back? Definitely want to do this! Thanks so much for posting πŸ™‚

Reply to Kate

Hi, Kate!

A lot of people take Ubers, but I would feel so bad throwing my dirty/wet tube into an Uber!! We parked Becca’s car at one end, and road together to the other! So we had cars at both ends πŸ™‚

• Myriam

– Would you ever float down the river?
    Absolutely, it sounds like a lot of fun πŸ˜€ Not sure I would dive in it, though xD

– Does nature help you when you’re feeling stressed?
    Not really. I normally get more stressed with insects xD Don’t you have a problem with them? I’m terrible and cannot relax, not even sit on a grass field because I know that even if I don’t see them, bugs will be there, waiting to wickedly climb over me :'(

– What is your favorite excursion to do with your best friends?
    Something more urban-ish. Kind of visiting a nearby town or village πŸ™‚

BTW, does that cream actually help with cellulite? :O

Have a nice week, my lovely πŸ™‚

Reply to Myriam

Lol I’d never dive into that water!

HAHAHA that is funny. I don’t like bugs either, but nature overrules the fear.

I love visiting and exploring too! so fun. It says it does, but I’ve only been using it for three months. It definitely tans it! lol

xo xo xo

• Jenn

Tubing is so much fun! I went a few years ago down one of the springs in Central Florida with a big group of friends. We had individual tubes so we tied them together so no one floated away!

Being outside definitely helps when I’m stressed. I actually find myself feeling worse than ever when it’s a long period of cold/rainy weather. I hope this trip helped you with whatever you’re going through πŸ™‚

To be honest, my friends don’t really like to go out and do anything. The most we’ll do is go to dinner or out for dessert, but I find myself taking most trips myself. I don’t mind doing things alone (I went to a concert in Atlantic City by myself this weekend, and I’ve done road trips), but it stinks that I have no one to enjoy stuff with.

Reply to Jenn

I’d be so scared to do it in Florida because of the Gators lol

I think doing things alone really allows you to grow confidence and figure out who you are! So incredible that you can do that. Many can’t! GO YOU!

• Bea

This looks so fun! And yes you have to do it again at sunset. The pictures you would take would be beautiful and I would love to see.

Also, I am obsessed with the snacks you always have…I am adding those duckies and drinks to my must pick up list when I go to San Francisco in august.. rx bars are already on there. The list is growing by the day!

Reply to Bea

I agree. I want to make that happens super soon!!!

HAHAHA I’m literally the snack queen and there are days where I eat one meal and the rest of the day is just flooded with snacks!

• Michelle

I love this quote by Kurt Vonnegut “Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things”. It’s so true! Definitely enjoy the little things, stress less, and live more! Your adventure looks like it was a lot of fun!!

Reply to Michelle
  • Harriet

Wow what an amazing day! We usually float down a river that leds into a lake then catch the water taxi back to the jetty. Nature is one of the best stress relievers, and it definitely helps me relax. My favourite excursion to do with friends is a day at the beach or lake just chilling and catching up.

Reply to Harriet
  • liuye

Would you ever float down the river?β€”β€”

YES I did!! 3 times,That’s a lot of fun!! my friends and I all got crazy about that,

Does nature help you when you’re feeling stressed?β€”β€”
    YES,It is ,and I really enjoy it,

What is your favorite excursion to do with your best friends?β€”β€”
    my best friends and I really love climbing. This is the our favorite excursion
    oh,by the way,”excursion” is the new word to me,I alreay put this in my notebook,thanks~
    When I was reading Ur blog,It’s not just full of happiness and adventure,but also english learing ~~ > <
    and ,Becca also looks great! I already had been reading her blog,cool girl!

Reply to liuye
  • Scott

You are just a ball of happy! I love reading your blogs.

Reply to Scott
  • Sammy

Hey you! I hope you are feeling less stressed and more at ease soon! Makes me sad to hear you’re going through a tough time but you will get through it! πŸ™‚
    1. I love going down long lazy rivers, we have a few in MN!
    2. When I am really stressed, I just grab the leash and the pup and I go to the nearest trails or set out to find a new one! For me, it’s the sunlight that makes me feel better.
    3. Exercise is typically my me time, so I don’t usually do that with friends but if we do, it’s always yoga!

Reply to Sammy

It’s ok and it’s definitely life πŸ™‚ This too shall pass.

Yoga is always great, especially outdoors! And you can never go wrong with a pup walk!

• Amanda Frazier | The Light Owl

Ah I have the same coffee cup! Except mine is an A obvs. https://instagram.com/p/BVPRA_yAJPp/
    Also nature is one of my absolute favorite ways to destress. My husband and I are going on a four day backpacking trip next week and I can’t wait. You are so right about how therapeutic nature is. Nature is MY therapy, and I am a therapist for a living!

Reply to Amanda Frazier | The Light Owl
  • Amina

Would you ever float down the river?
    I have! So much fun, we went with a big bunch of friends. It’s called ‘The Redneck Regata’ in New Hapmshire.

Does nature help you when you’re feeling stressed?
    Always, whether it’s the beach or a hike alone. Or checking on my chickens in the backyard, reading on the hammock. I love the outdoors.

What is your favorite excursion to do with your best friends?
    My friend Crissy, Iris & I go camping every summer. It’s so fun & relaxing. We all get along so great & laugh all week. I can’t wait until we go this year.

Reply to Amina
  • Samantha

How often do you apply the Jergens?

Reply to Samantha
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

I’m so jealous – seems so fun! I’d love to try tubing myself one day… hopefully, fingers crossed!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Zafara

You are adorable. Thank you for always inspiring me with your happiness! Even when times are hard, you try to be the best version!

Reply to Zafara
  • Anonymous

I need to get that sparkling water.

Reply to Anonymous
  • Sharni

This honestly looks like the funnest thing to do! And so relaxing as well!

Sharni // http://www.agirlandgrey.com

Reply to Sharni
  • Carrie this fit chick

Ah, I’m SO FREAKIN’ jealous! I would love to do this! I know some people do can float on near Russian River over here, but I’ve never done it. You’ve inspired me to plan a trip to do it!

Reply to Carrie this fit chick
  • Mallori

Would you ever float down the river?
    *HOW FUN!!! This looks AWESOME and so therapeutic. I would totally float down a river! We have the river we float down in Golden, CO but it is vicious sometimes! Fun..but vicious, and about a hundred people- not as relaxing. This looks like such a fun day!

Does nature help you when you’re feeling stressed?
    *Nature always help. I love going on solo hikes when I need some extra time to think about things. It is rewarding to get to the top of a mountain when you were looking up from the bottom thinking it was hours and hours away. When I lived in South Carolina for a bit I would kayak rivers with friends and that was always a lot of fun too. The double tub looks like a must!!!!!!!

What is your favorite excursion to do with your best friends?
    *I love hiking or exploring new little mountain towns!

Thanks for this post and giving us all a great idea on something cheap and fun to do this summer! Always enjoy reading πŸ™‚
    Cheers!

Reply to Mallori

lol this river is so calm. I couldn’t imagine doing it in colorado…although it would be so much fun!!!! It probably wouldn’t be a ride you could bring anything valuable on lol

I agree nature helps and I feel so lucky to be surrounded by it in SC!

XO XO

• Kimberly Evans

Sorry… feel like I’ve posted this 3 times lol. Come float the river with us in columbia, sc sometime!!

Reply to Kimberly Evans
  • Katie

I have floated the river before, with some friends in high school. But we were totally not prepared and ended up with sunburns, flat tubes, and I’m pretty sure some heat stroke too. Gotta love being a teenager!
    Your post makes me want to do it again! I’m going to have to get my husband and some friends to go with!
    Nature definitely helps me when I’m feeling stressed! It’s nice just to get out of the house get some fresh air! I planted a garden for the first time this year and it is so therapeutic! I love spending my mornings and evenings out there watering and weeding it. πŸ™‚
    My favorite excursion is riding ATVs in the mountains. My husband was given Sunday off last weekend so we made a quick trip to the mountains and found an awesome 10 mile trail! So nice to get away for awhile and see something different.

Reply to Katie

OH NO!! Lol, I would have done the same in high school. Actually, I totally got fried on the tube when we went down the river in Montana my senior year.

You should totally go this time…prepared πŸ˜‰ haha

OH, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!!!! Love the mountains.

• Kate

I love your personality. You seem like a blast to be around!

Reply to Kate
  • Sar

Love this post! I’m grabbing my best friend and that float and doing this asap.

Reply to Sar
  • Tara @ Run and Live Happy

I’ve floated a river before and it was fun! It was an all day ordeal! I think nature definitely helps with stress. It helps you to clear your head or get out of the situation for a while. I love going on runs or long walks when I’m stressed. I hope everything gets better quickly!

Reply to Tara @ Run and Live Happy
  • jordan @ dancing for donuts

this looks SO fun!!! i’ve never actually gone tubing before, but i would love to someday!! nothing is better on a gorgeous summer day than spending time outside, and that prosecco looked like the perfect touch! la marca is my favorite πŸ™‚

Reply to jordan @ dancing for donuts

Nature definitely helps when I’m feeling stressed- especially if the day is cloudy and there’s decent wind. That’s my type of mellow day. I feel like I have summer SAD instead of winter SAD, anyone else have experience with that?

• Anna@Actively Anna

Oh I just LOVE this post! Tubing is one of the very few things to do up in my neck of the woods (ND/MN) and I used to go almost every other weekend in the summers years ago. We have a lot of places where you pay like $10 and they give you a tube, a cooler tube, and twine to tie together with all of your friends. The river I went down most also had a huge sand bar where people would get out and party together lol. It was fun when I was 18-21 and such, but now I just float right by that spot because, like you said, tubing is so therapeutic. I treasure it so much more now than I did back then. Life gets so hectic and being out on the water with no distractions is a Godsend. I hope the things stressing you out go away soon and that you get to go tubing many more times πŸ™‚ I’m in love with the COMFY looking tube you guys used! (The ones we rent up here are like giant uncomfortable tires haha). Have a great week!

Reply to Anna@Actively Anna

Wow, every weekend? do you own a cottage near a river?

THANKS, ANNA!

So cool that you have a place that offers all of that. I think they have that here as well, but we didn’t look into it. Really cool about the sand bar. There were people drinking beer on the giant rocks, so that was kind of like their version of the sand bar! TOTALLY invest in one of those!

• Mariell

I LOVE floating down the river!!! It’s by far one of the favorite activities of the summer here! My hunny bunny has never been so I can’t wait to drag him this summer!

Nature is the perfect therapy. Whether its a long walk in the country, or elbow deep in the garden. It really gives you a chance to breathe! Also gives me time to think and really focus on myself! So definitely understand where you are coming from!

Our favorite excursion is mud bogging! Getting on a ATV or in a big jacked up mud truck driving through the mud is so much fun! Granted if we want to have in depth conversations just a bottle of wine with a chick flick or coffee at a coffee shop works better.

Hope you have a great week! πŸ™‚

Reply to Mariell
  • Lauren

We go to MI every summer and tube down a river, and I love it! Being a FL girl, you can’t really go in rivers here without risk of alligators:( Those little Prosecco’s are my go to for beach/pool days! I love them!!

Reply to Lauren
  • Heather

That sounds like the perfect day – I’m so jealous! I could use some relaxing girl time. Lol.

I hope whatever you are going through works out in your favor! Sending all the positive vibes your way!

Reply to Heather