Carbless Chocolate Peanut Butter Pecan Bark ?

My night isn’t complete without chocolate. I’ll end the day with either chocolate Halo Top, dark chocolate almonds, or anything I can get my hands on that contains chocolate. I want to start off by saying that carbs are not bad and that your body does need them, but timing is everything. At the end of the day, I’ve usually already hit my carb intake, I’ve worked out, and I don’t need any quick energy, and so sugar or a lot of carby foods aren’t ideal at night (for me.) It’s better for me to choose nighttime snacks like eggs, Greek yogurt, or mixed nuts.
When I was in Hawaii, my friend, made these delicious desserts called “fat bombs.” She follows the keto diet so she cannot eat any added sugars and maintains a low-carb lifestyle to make sure she says in ketosis. When I tried one of these fat bombs, I was in shock! They tasted just like my dark chocolate Hersey bars I eat with a little coconut. I knew these would be an incredible substitute for my nighttime chocolate cravings. I also couldn’t wait to see Kyle’s reaction because he does not like coconut or anything “weird,” so it would be the ultimate test!

Not only is it great that this recipe is sugarless and carb-less, it’s a super food. Coconut oil and cocao powder are both extremely healthy for the body and overall health. This recipe is filled with healthy fats and antioxidants.

4.67 from 3 votes

Carb-less Chocolate Peanut Butter Pecan Bark

A carb-free chocolate treat! Made with healthy ingredients & perfect for a late-night sweet tooth! This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and can easily be made without the nuts.

Course Dessert
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 25
Calories 85 kcal
Author Taralynn McNitt

Ingredients

• 1 Cup Coconut Oil
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocao Powder
  • 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (no sugar added)
  • 1/2 Cup Swerve (or stevia)
  • 1/4 Tsp Sea Sat
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Tsp Almond Extract
  • 1/2 Cups Shredded Coconut Unsweetened

Instructions

1. Melt the coconut oil and peanut butter. Stir until creamy and no chunks of coconut oil remain.

2. Add the sea salt, Swerve/or Stevia, shredded coconut, almond extract, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. Mix well.

3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the melted chocolate on the pan.

4. Freeze the chocolate for 45 minutes.

5. Break into pieces & store in a closed container in the freezer.

Recipe Notes

Nutrition: 85 Calories Per Serving, 1g Carb, 10g Fat, 2g Protein, .5 g Sugar (makes 25 pieces)

My friend made hers with ground macadamia nuts and toasted coconut and it was so good! I decided to make that combo next time when I get the exact recipe from her. I made a similar version with peanut butter and pecans. Oh!  You can add vanilla and almond extract! I can’t believe I forgot to add it to this batch.

INGREDIENTS: 1 Cup Coconut Oil, 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocao Powder, 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (no sugar added), 3 Packets Stevia, 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 Cup Pecans.

I love how this recipe has very few ingredients and you can make it in small batches.

Melt the coconut oil and peanut butter. Stir until creamy and no chunks of coconut oil remain. Add the sea salt, stevia, and cocoa powder. Mix well.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the melted chocolate on the pan and top it with pecans. You can add any extra toppings you’d like! I think it would be good with shredded coconut, trail mix, or blueberries.

Freeze the chocolate mixture for 45 minutes.

Break the chocolate into 25 pieces.
 You will need to keep the chocolate stored in the freezer for best results. I kept mine in a little container and take it out every time I want a piece! I’m so excited to experiment more with these and come up with fun flavors. Oh, and KYLE LOVED THEM! He had no idea it was coconut oil. He thought it was a candy bar frozen 🙂

Alright, I lied. It has ONE gram of carb. whoops…

Questions for you!

1. Have you ever made your own version of “fat bombs?”
  2. Do you have a late night sweet tooth?

Comments

• Beth

Very good! Me and my family make sugar cookies for Christmas plates and I always eat some while making them. Lol THIS time though, I could snack on the choc bark pieces and not feel bad!

Reply to Beth
  • Mehndi makeup

I cannot wait to make these – These look great. Thanks for sharing.

Reply to Mehndi makeup
  • Traci

Currently making these for my husband and me for the SECOND night in a row after first trying them last night (and eating ALL of them by this afternoon lol)…this recipe is AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

Reply to Traci
  • Mila

Hey, I just made these with pecans and frozen blueberries. Can’t wait to take them out of the freezer … *.* Thanks for this recipe! I will def try them with cranberries next time!

Reply to Mila
  • Naomi

I just did these and put the mixture in an ice cube tray and froze it. Healthy “fudge” pops. ?

Reply to Naomi
  • Savannah

I just made this and added peanuts and cashews instead of pecans and added shredded coconut flakes.
    WOW WOW WOW! So good.
    I’m going to make fat bombs for my coffee. Thanks for the recipe!

Reply to Savannah
  • Aly

I’m so excited to try these! I literally ran into the kitchen a made a batch the second I finished reading this post. Now I am back writing this comment while they freeze :]

Reply to Aly
  • Charlott

Hi,

I’ve always read your blog silently but hugely enjoyed it! 🙂 However, I am just writing now because I noticed that you mention coconut oil as super healthy and a superfood. Actually, it is one of the unhealthier oils, since it contains huge amounts of saturated fat (about 13g per tablespoon, with 20g the recommended limit per day). I am aware that there is some research about the benefits of virgin coconut oil, but I just wouldn’t go as far as calling it a superfood when it has more than double the amount of saturated fat in a tablespoon as a cheeseburger from Mc Donalds.

I hope you’re not taking this personally, because as I said I really enjoy your blog and most of the time wholeheartedly agree with your approach to diet and nutrition. 🙂

Best,

Charlott

Reply to Charlott
  • Leo Tat

Love this. The cocao powder and pecans are both high in polyphenols. I can use this as a low carb snack instead of my usual pork scratches, getting bored of them now lol.

Reply to Leo Tat
  • Harriet

Absolutely amazing, and kept the sweet tooth at bay. All the different ways you could makes these are endless! I am thinking of making raspberry or chilli ones next.

Reply to Harriet
  • Jenn

These came out really good! I added a little chocolate casein protein powder 🙂

Reply to Jenn
  • Danielle

These were so good. My little girls had no idea they were eating coconut oil! I am having a hard time getting them to eat anything other than sweets and this is perfect for their weight gain! I added honey, chia seeds, flax seeds, almond butter, coconut, and pecans to the bars.

Reply to Danielle
  • Casandra

I am about to go make these right now! I have regular peanut butter so I’m assuming it has added sugar. Can I use a powder peanut butter we have?

I go through phases of wanting late night sugary snack and my boyfriend is sometimes worse than I! Hopefully these help!

As always Thanks Taralynn!

Reply to Casandra

You can use either or omit them both! Anything works 🙂

This is the BEST for late night treats. I havnt had added sugar in days because of this!

• connie

My husband has to watch his FAT grams. How can I make this with less fat? OR is this fat considered the “good fat” since it comes from nuts (peanut butter) and/or the coconut oil????

Reply to connie

This is one of those dishes thats made with a ton of healthy fat. This is ALL GOOD fat. There really isnt a way to make this without it. The coconut oil is the base.

YES YES YES FOR LOW CARB! <3 I maek fat bombs a lot because I eat a ketogenic diet. 🙂

• Ashley

Love the low-carb recipes.

Reply to Ashley
  • Jacklyn

Hey Taralynn!

What would you sub out for the peanut butter if you had to? They look delicious!

Reply to Jacklyn
  • Mary

I made these last night because I had everything in the house! They were fantastic. My kids had no idea it was coconut oil. You just saved my life!

Reply to Mary
  • Angie

YUM.

Reply to Angie
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Thank you for the recipe, Taralynn! Chocolate barks are one of my favourite chocolates to buy at stores so it’d be great to make it myself to save up!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Caitlin

When you say 1 packet stevia, do you mean one coffee packet? I have a whole box of the coffee stevia packets, just wondering how it relates 🙂

Reply to Caitlin
  • Leighann

Yum!! I made a version of this a few weeks ago but need to tweak it a little. Im going to try adding coconut for texture-I like your friends idea of adding crushed macadamia nuts!

Reply to Leighann
  • Juliette | Namastay Traveling

This looks like the best fancy treat that I could wrap up as a gift! Yum!

Reply to Juliette | Namastay Traveling
  • Carrie this fit chick

Er my goodness, I love some good chocolate bark! It reminds me of christmas time!

Reply to Carrie this fit chick