Super Quick Salmon & Roasted Vegetable Dinner

Finally! Hello, Friday πŸ™‚

It’s going to be rainy and chilly for the next couple of days, and I’m kind of happy about it. I need to ground myself and finish a lot before packing and flying to Hawaii on Monday morning. Before I head to the gym for a class, I wanted to share a healthy and delicious dinner I make weekly. It takes about thirty minutes, and it makes for the best leftovers (when cooking for one!) You can switch the veggies and protein source up, too!
I usually prepare meals like this after gym sessions. I’ll stop at the grocery store on the way home and pick up vegetables, protein, and a bottle of water to chug!

For this meal, I went with brussels sprouts, carrots, and green onions. If you haven’t baked green onions yet, you’re missing out!

For my protein source, I chose salmon! I bought a fillet that would last for two dinners.

I seasoned the vegetables with olive oil, black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and a little drizzle of honey.

I massaged the salmon with honey, lime juice, and low sodium soy sauce. I sprinkled the top with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning.

I put the vegetables in the oven first and let them back at 375 for fifteen minutes.

Once the vegetables were starting to brown, I added the salmon to the oven with the vegetables and cooked for about seventeen minutes. If the center of the salmon is bouncy, it’s ready! You never want to overcook salmon, or it’s dry and chewy.

When your brusselsΒ sprouts are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, you know you did it right! πŸ™‚ I could eat these all day!

And don’t get me started on how much I love roasted carrots!

This meal is so healthy and quick to make! I hope it helps you when you’re trying to plan your next meal!:) Β
Well, I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe post! I’m off to the gym for a boot camp class! I know it’ll be a struggle!

Questions for you!

1. What is your favorite healthy protein to bake?
  2. What are your favorite baked vegetables?

Comments

• Erin

Baked brussels sprouts are the best! I also love to add some purple sweet potato to the mix for an extra carby dinner!

Reply to Erin
  • Karissa

Hey Taralynn! Looks so awesome! I made chicken and roasted veg last night for dinner. Just a mix of zucchini, summer squash, red and orange bell peppers. Such as simple dinner to make, I love it!

Reply to Karissa
  • Caitlin

Thanks for this!! Have fun in Hawaii! I’m headed there in a week πŸ™‚

Reply to Caitlin
  • Harriet

I have never had baked Brusselsprouts until today, they are amazing! Going to be a must from now on. My favourite baked vegetables are potatoes and beets ! Baked protein would have to be lamb fillet done with rosemary seasoning pumpkin and beets. I am going to introduce my family to baked Brussel sprouts tomorrow at our family dinner.

Reply to Harriet
  • Allison

I love these posts! Thank you.

Reply to Allison
  • Linda @ the Fitty

I like to bake my zucchini!

I admire that despite heading out he next morning for Hawaii you’re STILL hitting up the gym real early. I feel like you’re off to travel to a new place every other day and still keep p a crazy schedule squeezing in time to train here and there–I’d like to adopt that attitude more into my life! They say you’re the 5 people closest to you and I’d love to have you in my closest 5 because of this lifestyle πŸ™‚

I also ate salmon today!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty

I agree! Baked zucchini is so good!

I think you balance is already great! I am always inspired by your go-getter attitude! You’re already doing great!

Salmon is always a good choice! πŸ™‚ I had sushi and salmon, so that counts right?

• Nicole

Just wanted to drop a line and let you know that the salmon filets at The Peach Stand are amazing- wasn’t sure if you got yours there or not but wanted to let you know.

Reply to Nicole
  • Meghan

I’m allergic to fish, so I usually do chicken breasts with asparagus, potatoes, and carrots. I also really like roasted broccoli. I haven’t tried brussel sprouts in years, I used to hate them when I was a kid, but I actually just picked some up the other day to try again, they look so good roasted!!

Reply to Meghan

That all sounds so good! I HATED Brussels when I was a kid but now I’m addicted! Try them again! Just make sure to get the fresh ones. The freezer brussels are nasty.

• Ashley

Thanks for the salad dressing recommendations! The white basalmic shallot one changed my life! Haha

Reply to Ashley
  • Brooklyn

Roasted carrots are one of my favorite things! They are so delicious πŸ™‚
    Like you, at least once a week I need to make a big pan of roasted veggies. So simple, quick and delicious!

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Kristen

This sounds so good! My boyfriend and I love salmon!!

My favorite protein to bake is definitely chicken!
    Favorite veggies: asparagus, carrots, and POTATOES πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚

Reply to Kristen
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

I make my salmon and veggies like this too, except I use different seasonings. Can’t go wrong with salmon and brussels sprouts!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Juliette | Namastay Traveling

Love the full size carrots! I always resort to just throwing some baby carrots into the oven, but these really make the place attractive! Yum! My favorite baked veggies (besides potatoes obviously…) are cauliflower and beets! A weird combo, but love the sweetness that comes out of them.

Reply to Juliette | Namastay Traveling