Running, Estate Sales, Eats & Please Pray for Little Leo!

I typically do my recaps towards the end of the week, but I need my outlet right now. Blogging and connecting with readers is theraputic for me and it helps me relax when I’m stressed. I had a pretty good week, but some events have been scary.
I mentioned in my last recap post that Leo was getting fixed on Thursday. Dogs get fixed all the time, and it’s never a big deal, but Leo has been having some serious complications. I guess he’s just like his brother.

We don’t really know what is going on and that is the scary part. Leo was fine a couple days after his surgery, but we knew things werent right on Sunday. I will explain more towards the end of this post, but please pray for little Leo! He is resting with an I.V. at the vet right now. I knew something wasnt right this morning, so we rushed back to the vet. They are monitoring him and putting him through all kinds of testing. Little Leo won’t eat, had an enlarged spleen, a slight temperature, pale gums, couldnt keep anything down, watery stool, and could hardly walk. I am so worried for him, but I will keep you all updated when we find out more. I’m hoping they find out what is going on, so we can take him home and nurse him back to health.
Kyle and I took Leo to the vet this morning, but when he left for work, I took Grumples out for a long uptown walk. Walking is good for relieving stress, and plus it was beautiful outside. I couldn’t help it with all the flower pictures. It’s true that flowers make people happy.
The Fourth Ward Park was full of blossoms. I hope these photos can bring a sense of joy to your day!

After a three mile stroll, I made a salad for lunch. On Friday, I threw chicken breast and BBQ sauce into the crock pot. It’s such an easy way to cook up chicken for salads, sandwiches, and wraps.

My salad had romaine lettuce, avocado, chicken, bell peppers, garlic olive oil, and parmesan.
 For the past three years, I have been in love with Tazo passion tea with a splash of lemon. I’m currently sipping on some while writing this post.
Thursday was another day full of flowers and dog walks.

After dropping Leo off for his surgery, I took Grumples out on another uptown walk!
I didn’t take this many photos for no reason. When I saw the white flowers with the blue background, I knew I wanted to use this as inspiration for my guest bedroom. I am going to print all of these photos out for the walls, paint the room cream, and find light blue accents.

I made lunch when I go back.
I’ve been proud of myself lately because I don’t eat out at restaurants nearly as much as I used to! I eat at restaurants maybe once a week now (usually breakfast, and coffee doesn’t count.) There are so many restaurants to choose from when I’m uptown, but I have been making my meals instead. I’m basically patting myself on the back right now with this paragraph.
My salad had shredded green leaf lettuce, tuna salad, red bell peppers, avocado, goat cheese, and red wine vingrette dressing.

I was so excited to bring Leo home after his surgery and Grumples was excited to see him too! Leo was out of it with the anesthesia.
Once Kyle got home, I headed out to meet Meighan for a little uptown run. Check out that time!

We were pretty much flying through that run.

After the run with Meighan, I met up with Becca at the gym for a little circuit. I didn’t write this one down because we only did arms and it was all random.

I got home around 9:30, showered off and headed straight to bed.

Leo was my little cuddle buddy while I worked on Friday morning.

I made a couple of salads on Friday to eat for lunch and dinner. Since I love salads so much (shocker) I think I’m going to start food prepping them and making them all different.

These salads had avocado, shredded green leaf lettuce, red bell peppers, goat cheese, honey mustard almonds, tuna salad, turkey pepperoni, and red wine vingrette.

I finally go to my cleaning routine Friday afternoon. I melted a zen scent and went at it.

My favorite afternoon snack: peanut butter & apples.
It was 75 degrees outside Friday evening, so I made a refreshing drink and read a book with the pups outside. I can’t wait for the deck to get built soon.

The refreshing drink: Matcha powder + stevia + almond milk!

I put my crockpot to use on Friday night with my BBQ chicken.

I threw my leftover lunch salad on a plate with chicken on top.
Becca came over to go on a long walk with Grumples and me. After our three miles, we had drinks on my front porch and relaxed. I was sound asleep on the couch five minutes into Dateline. Thank you, Kyle, for all the sleeping photos you take of me.

I woke up around 6 am to have coffee and relax before meeting up with Becca at 7 am for some estate sales. We stopped at an abandoned house for her to photograph, and of course, I’m always the getaway car. She took some really cool shots and will be sharing them on her blog soon.

We found several estate sales we wanted to visit, mapped them out, and went on our way!

The first location was incredible. Everything inside the house was so old and way underpriced.

As soon as I saw the two blue chairs, I grabbed the tags and claimed them. They will go perfectly in the guest bedroom with the pictures of the flowers. I want to add a cute little sitting table in the guest room with the chairs for coffee or reading.
As soon as we entered, we knew that estate sales are our new favorite sport.

Just some of the peices I found.
After visiting a few estate sales, we decided to get breakfast. It was 1 pm, and we were hangry. We went to Le Peep after having a horrible experience at Eddie’s Place. I had been wanting to try it out forever, but will never go back. Le Peep is always a safe choice because it’s cheap and yummy. They are always friendly, and the food is always delicious. I ordered two eggs over easy, fresh fruit, and bacon.
This is a temporary spot for the chair, but I’m in love! I bought them both for $45

Kyle went to the gym on Saturday afternoon, and I went for a run. It wasn’t a great run. I planned on doing 9 miles, but only got 4.31 tracked. Uptown was so packed from the events, and I could hardly get around the crowds. It was windy outside and I wasn’t feeling it at all. And yes, I know, those eyebrows neeeeeeed help.
Grumples and Leo had a little playdate next door. Grumples had an intense staredown with the cat. Leo and Molly look so funny on the couch watching Grumples.

Dinner: romaine letuce, red bell peppers, garlic olive oil, parmesan, grilled chicken, and avocado!
Kyle, Becca, and I decided to walk uptown and go to the movies on Saturday night. We wanted to go see “Get Out, “and it was playing at 9:45 pm. The movie was well directed, and we loved it. Great acting! The TSA character was my favorite.

I woke up Sunday morning, made coffee, and commented back on my blog post. I always answer comments during my morning coffee hour.

Once the vet opened, I gave them a call and told them about Leo. He was not feeling great on Sunday morning at all. Vomit in his crate and runny stool. She told me to stop his pain medication and cook him chicken and rice for breakfast.

I made my pre-run breakfast while he ate. I sliced avocados, made scrambeled egg whites, and baked bacon.

Leo was acting so weird and wouldn’t eat, so we took him over to the vet.
She thought it was a reaction to the medication, so she gave him an IV and some new medicine. He had lost weight since the surgery, and we were hoping that hydrating him and the new meds would help. We wanted him to stay in his crate and rest.
Kyle stayed when Leo when we got back to the house so I could go for my run.

Still not ideal, but I couldnt stop thinking about Leo.

I called Becca to see if she would want to get coffee with me. I just needed some girl time and a caffeinated babble session.

I ordered a cappuccino, and we split the cheesecake. I just ate the top because the crust obviously wasn’t gluten free.
Lady M Cakes seriously has the best cappuccinos.
I appreciate the daily fresh flowers on their tables.

“If you’re trying to lose weight, breakfast may not be complete without dessert: intriguing new research suggest dieting is more about when to indulge rather than what to avoid.” ♥

I headed to Whole Foods and then headed home to be with the pups.

I thought their new line of vitamin water looked excellent! You can taste the vitamins, but it was still good, and super healthy.

I decided to make treats for the Oscars.

I baked up some kale chips. I don’t know why I don’t make these more often!

Fancy water with a side of popcorn!

I added raspberries and mint to Whole Food’s lemon raspberry Italian sparkling water. It’s even better when you freeze the raspberries.
 Well, that is it for the recap! I will keep you all posted on little Leo’s condition.

Follow their instagram for updates! @grumplesandleo

Questions for you?

1. What did you think of the Oscars?
  2. Best part of your weekend?

Comments

• alyssa

Best part of my weekend was my Sunday: woke up at 6:30am to go on a 4 mile run/walk with my friend, got home and made some breakfast (pancakes/eggs/bacon/coffee). Went on a hike and settled in with my boys.

Reply to alyssa
  • Savannah Grace

Hope your puppy feels better 🙁 praying for his recovery!

Reply to Savannah Grace
  • Jordan

Hi! Hope Leo feels better soon!! Do you make your tuna salad? If so what is your recipe?

Reply to Jordan
  • Amber

Hope Grumples feels better! Saw your snaps. Glad leo is better though.

Reply to Amber
  • Tom

I saw chairs like that online for $375 a piece! You got a steal.

Reply to Tom
  • Sammy

Hope your week gets better!

Reply to Sammy
  • Alison

What kind of running shoes do you like?

Reply to Alison
  • Leighann

I hope Leo gets better soon! I can’t stand when my pets are not well :/. Those raspberry spritzer-drinks look amazing, and I’ll definitely be creating these this weekend! Where did you buy your couch? I’ve seen it in your other posts and absolutely love it!! We are looking to find a good couch and this would be perfect 🙂

Reply to Leighann

Thank you, Leighann!

Those spritzers are great and perfect for mindless snackers like me!

I bought it about three years ago at Value City Furniture.

😀

• Fernanie

Love your blog! Feel better Leo!

Reply to Fernanie
  • Emma

Hello! I hope Leo gets 100% better and Mr. Grumples, too!! It is so heartbreaking when your dogs get sick!

You are so inspiring and I just love how happy you seem right now!! I am not sure if you ever said on the blog, but how did you and Kyle meet? You guys are so cute together and seem like such a great couple!!!

Can’t wait to read Becca’s blog!! She seems so talented and you can see how much she is kicking butt in the gym (YGG!!)!!

Reply to Emma

Hi Emma!

Def hope they get better soon! thank you.

Kyle is my best friend and I’m so lucky I have someone like him in my life! I am going to write our story soon, but I’m trying to figure a way out to do it while keeping his life private as well.But thank you for the kind words!

Becca is totally kicking butt and I will let you know when her blog is live! You can follow her insta and she’s updating it too! hel_and_garm

• Kim S

Poor Leo 🙁 I hope he’s okay. I love your blog! Random question, where did you get your couch? It looks amazingly comfortable 🙂

Reply to Kim S

Hi Kim!

He’s doing much better, but now grumples is sick 🙁 I got my couch at Value City Furniture about three years ago! I don’t think they have it anymore, but they def have similar ones.

• Sapphire

Hoping Leo feels better.
    I didn’t get a chance to watch the Oscars, bet it was good though
    The best part of my weekend was hanging out with friends.
    What’s Becca’s blog called? An Becca looks amazing . Both of you are inspiring .

Reply to Sapphire
  • Asheton

Prayers for Leo!

Your house looks so pretty and I love that chair.

Reply to Asheton
  • Lee

Awww poor little Leo! Sending healing thoughts that he will pull through.
    Curious question….is he your dog or Kyle’s?

Reply to Lee
  • Vee

Hello beautiful, I’ve been a loyal reader for about 6 years!
    I can’t believe it, but apparently I missed when you went gluten free? Is it an intolerance or a health choice?
    Sending love, light and prayers to Leo!
    xx

Reply to Vee

I’m praying for Leo! You mentioned connecting with readers. I’m wondering if you have any bloggers/podcasts/people that you follow on the regular on the web/social media?

Also, I didn’t watch the Oscars–did I miss anything?? What should i know?? Honestly, I don’t keep up with these things–maybe I should for a social life.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the prayers. Leo is doing great now; unfortunately, Grumples is the sick one now. I don’t necessarily follow a lot of blogs and podcast, but I love following people on Instagram. I glance at some blogs now and then, but usually straight from Pinterest. I love the Barefoot Blonde 🙂

I fell asleep an hour in lol

Nothing to learn!

• Angela Medina

Please keep us updated! I’ve been on edge since I found out about poor little Leo. Hate to see them suffer and not know exactly what’s going on. 🙁

Our doodle, Teddy, is currently at the groomers and we’re getting him fixed next week. I’m really hoping for the best, definitely anxious!

Reply to Angela Medina

He is doing better now! Still waiting on test results. It’s so sad when they are sick 🙁 I will keep you posted.

Getting him fixed is such a breeze, he’s definitely experiencing something unrelated for sure!

• Anna@Actively Anna

Oh poor little Leo. I will be praying for him to have a speedy recovery! My cat had a health scare a few months back and it was all I thought about 24/7. It’s so consuming when a pet is sick. They are little members of the family, after all!
    I love all of the beautiful pictures you post. ND is of course snowy right now so it’s nice to see the bright flowers and sunshine 🙂 Also oh my GOSH am I jealous of the cool estate sales! How fun!!

Reply to Anna@Actively Anna

Thank you, Anna!

Wish they could totally speak to us sometimes. Glad your cat is better!

Hopefully you get spring soon! I’m loving the weather here 🙂

xo xo

• Demi Yurcisin

Hi Taralynn!
    Reading your blog in the morning before I start my day or in the afternoon between classes is one of my favorite things to do, especially when paired with caffeine 🙂 . Your blog inspires me to be super creative and to take care of myself. I’m in college now and its so easy to let being busy be an excuse to be lazy and messy, even at a military academy. The way you tackle life motivates me to get my stuff together and try to be the best I can. Your blog gets me so excited to one day have my own house and to live on my own. I just want to say thanks for being that inspiration to me; I truly feel like you’ve had an impact on my life since I started reading your blog a few years ago. I hope that Leo feels better soon!

Reply to Demi Yurcisin

Hi Demi!

Thank you so much for the kind words and putting the smile on my face. Your words motivate me to keep going and to keep being happy!

Means so much.

xo xo & Leo is doing better! Hope we get good news soon!

• Tammy

You are so good to Leo! Kyle is lucky that you take care of him.

Reply to Tammy
  • Alison

Where was Leo born?

Reply to Alison
  • Amber

Poor leo 🙁

Reply to Amber
  • You Need to Proofread

Reply to You Need to Proofread
    • Anonymous

And you used the wrong form of to. She used too many! Haha

Reply to Anonymous

“Apostrophes replace the missing letters in contractions. You omited to many for me to correct all of them, but I’m sure you can’ figure out where they go.”

AND YOU ARE CORRECTING ME?

OMITTED* TOO MANY* CAN’T*

XO

• Caroline

Thinking of Leo and praying for him! Also, how do you make your tuna salad? All of your meals look so good!

Reply to Caroline
  • Jessica

Love all the photos! Prayers for a speedy recovery for Leo 🙂

For the Oscars, I made turkey chili (low carb, gluten free) and my hubby and I watched.

The best part of my weekend… reluctantly getting on the scale to find out I’ve lost 7lbs in 2 weeks! *happy dance*

Thanks for all of your inspiration!

Reply to Jessica

Thank you, Jessica!

Wow, would love the recipe for that!

Congrats on your weight loss! I probably have gained five pounds this month! Gotta love all the training gains. Thanks for the inspiration!

I hope you have a great week! Keep up the good work.

• Shannen

That’s so hard. We almost lost our baby Oliver last year and not knowing what’s wrong is the worst. Praying the vet can figure it out quickly!
    Those chairs are beautiful! Estate sales are the best!
    My weekend was a long one with lots of meetings, so the best part was when I got to crawl into bed! It didn’t help that the temperature went from 70° on Friday to 30° on Saturday with snow.
    Keep us updated with Leo’s condition, I know we are all worried about him! ?

Reply to Shannen

That is so scary and I’m so sorry to hear that. Hoping it’s all better now! & thank you for the prayers.

I can’t wait to set those chairs up in the guest room with a little table. I never knew how awesome estate sales were!

It was cold on Sunda here (50) but not as rough as your weather! It’s 80 today!

I will keep you updated. Leo is doing better right now, just waiting on results !

• Kelsey K

I just saw your update on Snapchat! I’m so glad Leo is home! Hope he continues to feel better.

I was just wondering out of curiosity which medication they thought he was reacting to? Was it the same one as Grumples? (Sorry, you don’t have to say if not! I work as a veterinary technician so I am alwasy curious!) 🙂

Reply to Kelsey K

Grumples had a bad case of Scrotal Hematoma after his surgery. I don’t have the best luck with it lol

Me too, Kelsey!

They put him on Rimadyl, but they aren’t sure if that is what made him sick. He is being tested for some parasites and Addison’s disease today.

• Kelsey K

Oh no! Poor Grumples, that is no fun to get.

I’m glad Leo is home now! I was wondering if they had sent him home on Rimadyl, but I didn’t want to sound crazy just throwing it out there if not! 🙂

Reply to Kelsey K
  • Lauren

I will keep Leo in my thoughts. I hope he feels better soon!

Those flower pictures are amazing. You really have an eye for potography and decorating. I always love seeing your creativity.

1) I didn’t see the full Oscars show, but I thought the director of Lalaland handled the mistake so gracefully.

2) The best part of my weekend was hanging out with my friends.

Reply to Lauren

Thank you, Lauren!

I’m so obsessed with flowers and I think I may decorate the guest bathroom with the photos I’ve taken of flowers.

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!

Taralynn

• liuye

Hi! Tara,First,Praying for Leo!

What did you think of the Oscars?
    Well ,I felt a little down when I saw La La Land got the best picture,because I do more like moonlight,Then U know what happened! lol, congratulations!Moonlight!

Best part of your weekend?
    First, my outdoor tour pals and I went hiking together, summer is coming soon, good weather with great people. full of enjoy .
    Then I went my favorite cafe, reading.painting ,and chatting with the owner, sometimes,I need me time to relax .
    Anyway,Great weekend!

Reply to liuye

Hi Liuye

Thank you for the prayers.

Your weekend sounded perfect and I cannot wait for summer! I love a relaxing weekend as well.

I hope you have a great week!

• Brit

you should do a post breaking down your fave different salad combos or even how to prep a week of different salads! love your blog btw 🙂 I want to visit the carolinas so badly!

Reply to Brit
  • Emily

Oh poor Leo!! I hope it’s just an allergic reaction and he’ll be better asap!

What did you think about the Bachelor tonight? I couldn’t believe who got sent home! I thought Nick would end up with her because 2017 is all about the curveballs, but thank the lord she’s gone. Who do you think he’ll pick? I’m pulling for Vanessa!

Reply to Emily

Thanks, Emily! Results come in this afternoon.

I think he’ll pick Vanessa or Raven (LOL OBVIOUSLY SINCE RAVEN IS THE NEXT BACH) haha but I really don’t know. I thought it was going to be YOU KNOW WHO.
      *TRYING NOT TO SPOIL ALERT*

I like vanessa but she’s already iffy about the relationship and Raven seems more open to it.

• Sonia

Have you ever been to Famous Toastery in Dilworth for brunch? It’s pretty tasty if you need another option!

Reply to Sonia
  • Katie

Thanks for sharing this with us, I am sending happy thoughts and positive vibes to you and Leo. This is tough but you are such a good dog mama and you will get your little guy through this! Stay strong girl 🙂

Reply to Katie
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Poor little Leo! Praying for him!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Caitlyn

Hope little Leo gets better quickly. I know how you feel right now, I just went through a scary situation with my new puppy too. It’s hard to see your little baby boy in pain and not be able to do anything. Can’t wait to see him back up and running around and having fun like he should be.

Reply to Caitlyn
  • Ashley

You’re photos are so bright and cheery. I am always smiling the whole way through! Hopeful for a speedy recovery for Leo.

Reply to Ashley
  • Diane

Having a sick dog is no fun! They are so helpless and look at you with those sad eyes. Obviously, I have been in your shoes and pray he feels better soon. Always enjoy reading you blogs and love your recipes!

Reply to Diane
  • Sarah

Sick fur babies are the hardest – prayin for Little Leo!!

Reply to Sarah
  • Amber

Prayers for Leo!!

Also, I am curious to know more about that garlic olive oil- where do you purchase it?

Thank you!!!

Reply to Amber
  • Chantelle

I hope leo is okay! Please keep us posted. And I love all the flower photos. I can’t help myself either when everything is in bloom! Unfortunately that won’t happen for a while here in Cleveland. -_-

Reply to Chantelle
  • Michelle

I hope Leo is okay!

1. The part where they called Lalaland instead of Moonlight.

2. Went up to Julian, CA to explore and eat GF apple pie! (It was so so good!)

Reply to Michelle
  • Hannah

So sorry to hear about your pup! Prayers for him!

Reply to Hannah
  • Anonymous

Do you take your pictures with a professional camera?

Reply to Anonymous
  • Stephanie

Happy thoughts and prayers for your sick pup!

Reply to Stephanie
  • Brooklyn

Thinking of Leo! Hope he feels better really quick!

I adore the photos you took as inspiration for your guest room. I think it will look amazing once done!

I had no idea that estate sales were even a thing, but it looks really fun! Those chairs you got are such a bargain!

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Selina

I’m praying for Leo. I’m kind of in the same boat. I have to take my cat (Kiddly Widdly) to the vet tomorrow. He’s 15 and I think he might be in the beginning stages of kidney failure. It’s very common in older cats, but it’s heartbreaking because it’s incurable/irreversible. Besides drinking more water he acts fine so I’m praying for the best but bracing for the worst. Some cats can live for years with kidney failure and others not. I’m cautiously optimistic that catching it early and doing all that I can to keep him as healthy as possible will contribute to a longer life. My last cat got diabetes and after getting better for a while, she quickly deteriorated and I had to have her put to sleep. She was 14. That was so hard. I’ll never forget that day. I’ll be saying extra prayers tonight for both Leo & my Kiddly Widdly. Much love.

Reply to Selina
  • Lauren

Hope your pup recovers quickly!

1. Best part of the Oscars: the fact that La La Land didn’t win lol. I love musicals and the cast, but that movie was horrible; I seriously can’t believe it won as much as it did.

2. Best part of the weekend: I also went to Le Peep for breakfast, so I would have to say that!

Reply to Lauren

Thanks, Lauren!

I havent seen it yet! No desire. I think Manchester by the Sea WAS AWFUL!!!! But it got so much praise.

I WENT TO LE PEEP TOO 🙂

• Jenny B

Poor Leo I am keeping him in my prayers. And I’ll pray for you too because this is hard on the soul when a loved one is suffering. I am glad you went with your gut and took him back to the vet. Please keep us all informed.
    I have never had kale chips! I know, I’m totally late to the party lol do you have a recipe on the blog?
    Those pictures with the white flowers are straight up gorgeous! The vintage chairs are beautiful, what a steal! I hope you will consider doing a before and after blog post of the room.
    Also can’t wait to hear more about Becca’s new blog! I really hope she gives us some insight about her weight loss journey. I’m curious how she took the steps in the right direction. I’m sure having you to work out with helps a ton. I’m always motivated by friends who share the same goals of good health.
    Take care hun! I hope Leo is recovered and back home soon.
    -Jenny

Reply to Jenny B

Thank you, Jenny B!

He is home with me now, very sleepy, but doing so much better. Getting results back today.

I linked the kale chips right under the photo 🙂 they’re so good.

You know I’ll do a before and after for sure!

Her blog is going to be wonderful and I can’t wait either!!

xo

• Jaime

The flower photos made me so happy! I’ve had the worst week and this completely cheered me up. Estate sales in Dallas have amazing finds, I just always forget about them! Hope Leo is doing alright, sending him love and positive energy!

Reply to Jaime

So glad they made you happy 🙂

I have the weekend’s estate sales mapped out already!

He’s doing much better and I should know more soon! Thank you for the kind words!

• Kathy

Praying for sweet little Leo! It’s always so hard to see our fur babies sick. I know he’s in good hands…hoping to see pictures of him happy and healthy very soon! ?

Reply to Kathy
  • Sarah

Feel better, Leo!

Reply to Sarah
  • Allie Griffin

Praying for your sweet baby! I’m in Charlotte too and would love to run into you sometime!

Reply to Allie Griffin
  • Heather

My Wheaton terrier got very sick, sounds similar to Leo. Turns out it was pancreatitis… they can check that with blood work. Good luck.

Reply to Heather
  • Carly

Oh poor Leo (and You)! A sick puppy is the worst! Sending all of the good puppy vibes his way! All of your food looks so good! I’m using your salads as inspiration for my lunches next week! And I LOVE the chairs you found! I’ve never been to an estate sale but now I want to go!

I like seeing all the dresses at the Oscars! Jennifer Aniston’s was my favorite! I like seeing the excitement of all of the participants too! I happened to watch ‘Manchester by the Sea’ hours before the show since it was nominated… but I don’t get it… I was so bored and annoyed the whole movie I almost turned it off so many times! I can’t believe Casey won best actor for it! Have you seen it?

Best part of my weekend was getting in a long hike on Saturday morning with my mom and our pups. It was chilly with snow on the ground but the sunshine made it great! Wish we had your warm weather here!

Reply to Carly

Hi, Carly!

Thank you. It is the worst, but I’m so blessed Leo is doing better.

I will be doing a DIY salad food prep soon. Hopefully, that helps too!

Find an ESTATE SALE! THEY’RE SO COOL.

OMG. our thoughts are exactly the same. THAT MOVIE WAS SO OVERRATED. I hated the whole thing. The acting was just OK. I feel like they have a big circle of movies that fit into the club.

That hike sounds like so much fun.

• Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Hope Leo gets better soon! Those chairs you got have the same blue fabric that is currently at my parent’s dining room chairs–so random!
    Definitely looks like Spring has sprung where you are–i’m so looking forward to this in PA!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • jordan @ dancing for donuts

ugh, i’m so sorry leo is in the hospital, but i hope he feels better so soon!! having a pet is like a baby, it’s everything, so i can only imagine how stressful it is to not know what’s going on 🙁

on another note, i think it’s super cool that you go to estate sales! we don’t really have those here in LA very often, just regular yard sales and there isn’t very much worth sifting through. seems like you live in a great area for it, though!

i thought the oscars were incredible (minus the slip-up at the end), now i just need to see all the movies!!!

Reply to jordan @ dancing for donuts

Hi Jordan!

So glad Leo is home with me now. I can’t wait to get test results back, so I know what is happening.

I can’t believe how fun the estate sales are! We will be going to more! I would have imagined that LA had a ton of them. I am just so excited to visit LA soon. I have a family member moving there.

• Jennifer

Poor baby! I’m keeping Leo in my prayers!

I didn’t watch the Oscars, and usually just don’t watch awards shows in general since I don’t usually see any of the movies nominated! Have you seen La La Land? I keep hearing that it’s amazing but it doesn’t look like it would be amazing to me.

I had the best weekend ever! Made meatloaf with Mark Friday night and watched the newer version of Footloose, Saturday we went to Can Can Wonderland and mini-golfed and had such a fun afternoon, then Sunday I met up with a friend and we had an amazing brunch then saw the 50 shades darker movie!

Reply to Jennifer
  • Harriet

Hi Taralynn

I Hope leo gets better soon!!!
    Estate sales are amazing! and those chairs are great. the Oscars were good viola deserved that oscar so much!! and i am pleased Moonlight won as well. My weekend was great i ran my fasted 3Kms then got surprised with Adel and dixie chick tickets as an thank you from work. your flower photos are great, it the first of autumn for me tomorrow I can wait for the changing of the leaves and the heavy frosts!!

I hope you have a good week, and i will pray for Leo!! Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Reply to Harriet

Thank you, Harriet!

I can’t believe how fun they are. We are going to do more soon. It sounds like you had a great weekend!

I’m excited for summer months!!

xo

• Jessica

Praying for sweet little Leo ❤ I was in and out of veterinarian offices the first year I had my pup. I understand the heartache that comes with having a sick fur baby. Sending another prayer for peace of mind for you.

Reply to Jessica
  • Kate

Aw, so sorry about Leo! When I had my pup fixed they also discovered a large umbilical hernia, so the recovery was twice as rough 🙁 hope he feels better soon!!

Reply to Kate
  • Macey

Praying for you and Kyle and Leo. ❤

Reply to Macey
  • Izzy | pinch of delight

Praying for Leo – really hoping he is okay xx
    Izzy |http://www.pinchofdelight.com

Reply to Izzy | pinch of delight
  • Teresa

Loving the pictures of the beautiful flowers. Nothing like a little early spring time to calm nerves. Keeping little Leo in my thoughts for sure!

I thought the Oscars were alright besides the mishap at the end (eek) but the best part was opening with Justin Timberlake. Everyone is on such edge nowadays and everything is so politically charged – so it was nice to see everyone just up on their feet dancing and having a good time! We can’t forget about how good Ryan Gosling looked in a tux (*gush*)

Best part of my weekend was a long run & coffee with one of my best girlfriends, ironically! She was the one who needed a little gal pal time so it was nice to decompress.

Reply to Teresa

Thank you, Teresa!

Flowers make everyone feel better 🙂

Justin Timberlake was so funny, especially the photo bomb with emma stone. Ryan looked pretty good!

Girl time is the best 🙂

• Amber

Praying for Leo! I know how hard it is to have a sick fur baby 🙁

Reply to Amber
  • Heather H.

Thinking of Leo! Poor baby. I hope he gets better quickly!

Reply to Heather H.