Join My Step Challenge With WeCompete!

Good Morning & Happy Monday!

I hope you all had fantastic weekends. As you all know, I decided not to do a fitness challenge for the month of November. There is just way too many things going on and I knew I wouldn’t be able to dedicate myself to it. Luckily, I’m teaming up with WeCompete for a fun three day walking challenge. It’s time to fit in some steps before the big turkey day.

Walking is one of my favorite exercises. I try to walk everywhere! I walk my dog four miles every morning and spend afternoons walking up to ten miles on the trails. For me, walking is more than just fitness. I guess you could call it a “hobby” because it’s so therapeutic and something I love to do in my spare time. This step challenge is going to be so fun and I cannot wait to compete with you!  This is the time of year that exercise gets thrown on the back burner, and I really need some inspiration to keep going! img_0092-768x1024-4
So here’s how the challenge works…

You will need to download the WeCompete app and join my challenge! WeCompete is a a fitness game for iOS using your iPhone’s pedometer, an Apple Watch, or a Jawbone fitness tracker. The really cool part about using the WeCompete is that it will record all of the activity data and create a leaderboard showing where you rank! I love the idea of a rank because it motivates you to get more steps in. The WeCompete app makes it feel like we are all working out together and I love that.
15049698_1178032932243281_1104860550_n img_9899-903x1024-2
This challenge is all about steps and distance. Anyone, any age, any athletic ability can compete!

picmonkey-collage-4This is a great app to use with friends and family for reaching goals. Anyone can create a challenge and invite their friends! It would be a really cool app to use with coworkers for an office step challenge. It’s just a great app for motivating your friends and family to get active. And if you’re feeling really competitive, you can use fun power-ups called “Pains & Gains” to get an advantage over your competitors.
img_7432-768x1024-2 img_1986-768x1024
I plan on getting my steps in by hiking, walking the pups, being a tourist in my own city, and running trails to reach my challenge’s goal!

If you download the WeCompete app this week, you’ll get a free 1,050-coin bonus pack (valued at $4.99.) Click here to get started!
img_6304-768x1024-2
I hope you guys can join me on this challenge! I’m so excited to get started. Even if you can only get in 10,000 steps, join anyways! I can’t wait to see how many steps you get in!

JOINING MY CHALLENGE? Download the app, tap “FIND” and then tap the “featured” tab! My Challenge (SIMPLY TARALYNN’S SATURDAY STEP CHALLENGE) should appear and all you have to do is hit JOIN! 🙂

Questions for you!

1. How many steps do you think you’ll reach during the challenge?
  2. What activity makes you step the most?
  3. Will you join me on this step challenge?
This post was sponsored by the WeCompete app & all opinions are my own!

Comments

• Ana K

Ugh I’m so bummed I didn’t do as well as I had hoped! I actually had a lot more steps counted on my fitbit and also, my day started so much earlier than you girls in the US :'(
    I had 32,000 my first day, but the first like, 10,000 didn’t count!

Sad day! but congrats to all that did it 🙂

Reply to Ana K
  • Lindsey

I can’t wait to start!!

Reply to Lindsey
  • AngieF

Super excited for this challenge😀!!

Reply to AngieF
  • Virjinia

What a neat challenge! I have an android and a Fitbit though. Bummer, but way to get motivated before Thanksgiving!

Reply to Virjinia
  • Falica

I’m in!

Reply to Falica
  • Mallori

How many steps do you think you’ll reach during the challenge?
    How FUN!! I have no idea how many to even guess, I usually hit about 11,000 steps a day (weh! I have a pretty sedentary job, but walk/run on my lunch breaks)
    What activity makes you step the most?
    Running and hiking. I don’t even realize how many steps I get in when I am hiking because my main goal and price is reaching the top!
    Will you join me on this step challenge?
    I am downloading the app now! I have never used my iPhone has my pedometer, I usually have a WeGo on, do you recommend the iPhone waist pack… (I do not remember what this is called, but you talked about it a while back) for more accurate step counting, or can you hold it or armband it?

Reply to Mallori

You’re going to do great!!

I so use a belt for running sometimes, but also just tuck my phone into my side pants or sports bra! xo

Cant wait!

• Maddy K

Hi Taralynn! I follow your blog every week and you are a huge inspiration to me! Would you ever consider a post on how you handle/fit in alcohol in your healthy lifestyle in general, and over the holidays?

Reply to Maddy K

Hi Maddy!

Just like desserts and most things we love, it’s all about moderation. If you’re drinking ALL the time, then it is an issue. I usually have one or two drinks a month. I like to go for wine, vodka, or a light beer. I don’t drink heavy or go too far. It’s all about moderation 🙂

• Allison

I love step challanges. Thanks for letting us know 😉

Reply to Allison
  • Lisa

I just joined your challenge! It’s going to be great because I’m a teacher!

Reply to Lisa
  • Brittany

Joining this challenge. I tore my acl and reconstructive surgery in February and now I am able to run again and that is how I get a lot of my steps in for the day. I hope to make 40 k that would be awesome!

Reply to Brittany
  • katie

How fun! I am definitely going to join, especially since it is over the weekend I might actually be able to compete! Does the phone work at a pedometer? I literally use my phone for texting and social media so this is all new to me 🙂

Also, I am dying to hear your exciting announcement!!

Reply to katie
  • Hannahbeth

JOINED! Can’t wait.

Reply to Hannahbeth
  • Hannah

I was really excited to see you were doing a step challenge. I’m bummed it’s only for iPhone users. Wish I could join in.

Reply to Hannah
  • Amanda

I am hoping to make 10K steps per day. I work all day at a desk so it is challenging for me to get in enough steps. I have a treadmill at home and I belong to Planet Fitness, so I must remind myself – NO EXCUSES!
    I have joined your Step Challenge and I am hoping it motivates me to do my best! (Amandapete17)

Reply to Amanda

10k a day is a great goal!! It’ll make you really think about getting up to walk as much as you can. 🙂

Can’t wait to see you on the rank board!!

• Carly

I think this is awesome! I joined this morning! Can’t wait for it to start!

I hope to hit 60k for the 3 days! I’m always out and about with my dog moose! Usually I compete with my mom and sister on Fitbit steps, but this will be fun to have a different type of challenge!

Reply to Carly
  • La

Looks awesome! Shame it’s not available on Android. 🙁

Reply to La
  • Stephanie

I couldn’t find the app on my android phone – is it just iphone specific??

Reply to Stephanie
  • Liuye

How many steps do you think you’ll reach during the challenge?
    —-I don’t know ..but basically I reache 20000 steps everyday ..just like u .I do enjoy walking
    What activity makes you step the most?
    —-jogging and hiking ..
    Will you join me on this step challenge?
    —–I try ..I’d love to .but as you know ..I am Chinese so i am not sure it is supported in
    Chinese-iPhone-iTunes tore..I try.. and plz send your challenge post in Ins ..I am really wanna see it .plz

Reply to Liuye
  • Paula

This is exactly what I needed to start walking again! It’s so easy to not want to when it gets super cold outside. Thank you for sharing this.

Also, when are you going to share your life changing news mentioned in the last recap post?

Reply to Paula
  • Kyla

I definitely need the motivation to get out and walk more, so this challenge is wonderful!
    I hope to do more than the 5 km (10,000 steps) per day!

Hiking is what really makes me step the most – I love the fresh air and “exploring” new surroundings.
    Although, I love your idea of being a tourist in your own city – I think that would be really fun to do!

I am joining your step challenge! 🙂

Reply to Kyla

That would be awesome! I am going to try to follow your steps and do that as well 🙂 You’ll be killing the leaderboards! Being a tourist in your own city is the best. I do it all the time in Charlotte and I’m ALWAYS finding new things:)

I look forward to it!! 🙂

• Lindsey

I can’t wait to join your challenge! I need some inspiration too.

Reply to Lindsey