Friendsgiving + Brunch in Charleston

Hey Guys!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I’ve had some life changing things happen over the past week, but I’ll talk more about that soon. Let’s just say it’s kept me pretty busy and I’m ready for a new chapter in life. In between all of the craziness (the good kind), I’ve had a ton of fun! I can’t wait to share my week with you! picmonkey-collage-4
But first…I have to take a second to wish my parents a happy 30th anniversary. I’m so blessed to have such wonderful and supportive parents. I love them so much!
Grumples and I headed out for a four mile walk on Wednesday morning. This is the most beautiful time of the year and I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it.
picmonkey-collage-5
Breakfast:
1/2 Small Banana, 1/2 cup frozen rasberries, 1/2 cup frozen peach slices, 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, 1/4 Cup Oats, 1/2 Cup Ice.
After finishing my work on Wednesday, I headed to my parents house so I could run their neighborhood and hang out with them for a bit.
For dinner I had crockpot white chili. This is one of my favorite winter soups! I blogged about it a couple of years ago and you can find the recipe here.
Early morning walk with the pups!
I made protein banana eggs pancakes with blueberries after my walk with Grumples and Leo on Thursday morning.    This is one of my favorite pre-workout breakfasts. They taste so good!  🙂

I had so much going on Thursday. (Things I’ll blog about later) I ended up falling asleep at 8:30pm from being exhausted. 14733251_1008945829215608_3767169837420249088_nI was so energized on Friday and ready for a relaxing day.

I took the pups for a walk with my mom, had some coffee, went for a three mile run, and then had breakfast.
My mom had the day off, so we ran some errands and had a girls day.

Hungry shopping = Trail mix form Hobby Lobby.
picmonkey-collage-6
My Stitch Fix box came! I always love trying on the looks! They send me things I would never buy if I were at a store, so I love that they push me to try on new looks. I’m one of the most basic dressers you’ll meet. I like jeans, flats, and sweaters. Having a personal stylist is good. I also love that I can send anything back that I don’t like.

Have you guys noticed the bellbottoms coming back? I haven’t put on bellbottoms in over 10 years!!

I absolutely adored the coat that Stitch Fix sent me. Now this is something I’d totally buy in stores. I loved the camel color for Fall. If you guys haven’t tried Stitch Fix yet, you should! It’s super fun!

Please excuse the hair. I showered after my run and it likes to do it’s own thing after drying.
img_7285

Another fun box I love is RocksBox! It’s a jewelry rental service. I literally LOVE it!

Rocksbox is so unique and I’ve never seen any service like it. You get to fill out an online profile and three pieces of jewelry are hand-selected for you. When the jewelry arrives, you get to wear it all you want and then send it back for three new pieces. If you really love it, you can buy the jewelry with a member discount. My jewelry rack is filled with pieces that I don’t wear anymore. Most of them hang there or get tangled up in the drawers. I like to buy jewelry for special occasions and I usually never wear the pieces twice. This is why Rocksbox is super convenient for me. I can have jewelry sent to me for special occasions and send it right back. It won’t have to hang around collecting dust.

If you want to try Rocksbox free for a month, use my code: simplytaralynnxoxo <3 It’s so fun and worth the try! I can’t wait to hear what you guys think.

Kyle and I were pretty lazy cookers on Friday night. We made sweet potato fries and black bean veggie burgers.
We watched a couple episodes of Black Mirror and hung out with the pups!
We decided to have Leo join us on our four mile walk with Grumples on Saturday morning.

Leo kept up the entire time. He didn’t stop to sit, or jump to be held. He trotted along with Grumples and I was so proud of him! He even drank from the water bottle like Grumples does.
After the walk, I started baking for Saturday night Friendsgiving at Meighan’s.
I decided to go with oatmeal cream pies! These are my Thanksgiving go-to cookies. You can find the recipe here!

I had to bring one over to my neighbor!

After baking, I did a power clean. Have you ever just been in the mood to clean and organize everything? Lately I’ve bee using the Endust products and they are literally lifesaving, especially with a puppy running around. After cleaning, I headed out for a three mile run and a two mile walk.  When I got back from my run, I headed to the gym to do a thirty minute circuit. I really need to step up my strength training because I have been slacking. I pretty much did strictly cardio in October and lost about 5 lbs of muscle. Im going to work hard to build it back up and get back on track.
I picked out a workout from one of my fitness challenges.
50 Crunches (right/left/center)
10 Push-Ups
20 Squat + Right Side Kicks
10 Push-Ups
20 Squat + Left Side Kicks
1 Minute Wall-Sit
50 Crunches (right/left/center)
10 Burpees
10 Push-ups
50 Sit-Ups
20 Mountain Climbers
20 Dumbbell Bench Presses
50 Jumping Jacks
100 Crunches (right/left/center)

And yep…I broke my sunglasses 🙁
After my workout, I headed back to make homemade macaroni and cheese for friendsgiving.
I did this macaroni and cheese live on snapchat! But, you can find the recipe here! The only thing I did differently this time was add 10 ounces of pepperjack cheese.
BAM!<3
Meighan and her roommate, Allison, did such an amazing job setting everything up. Their decorations were so cute and festive.

The cranberry apple sangria was amazing. It had red wine, rum, orange triple sec, diet Sprite, light cranberry juice, cranberries, oranges, and apple.img_1858
Meighan’s Apple cider margarita had Jose Cuervo, apple cider, a little bit of orange triple sec, and apples 🙂img_1860
All the desserts ♥

Everyone’s food was so amazing! I especially loved the kale salad. It had chopped apples and pomegranate seeds.

Listen up all you pumpkin spiced latte lovers…this crock pot spiked pumpkin spiced latte was SO GOOD. Meighan’s roommate made it and it had espresso, Baileys, pumpkin spice seasoning, and half and half.

Friends giving was such a blast and I’m literally still stuffed from all the delicious food. img_1527
Grumples was snug as a bug in a rug while I had my Sunday morning coffee 🙂 I had to wake up at 5am, so that extra hour of sleep was much appreciated.

Kyle and I dropped the pups off with my parents early morning and headed to Charleston so we could have lunch with his dad. His dad was in town for a wedding and we were excited to see him.

We stopped at Starbucks for coffee before making the trip.

Charleston is one of my favorite spots. It was Kyle’s first time ever visiting Charleston and I couldn’t wait for him to see the city!

Kyle chose a place for lunch that I had never heard of, but it’s definitely going on my Charleston list! It’s called Queen 82 and it’s right on Queen Street. 🙂
I ordered the low country omelet with a side of cheesy grits. I’ve tried grits so many times since moving to the south, and I’ve never cared for them. But these grits were definitely done right. I mean…you can make anything taste better with butter and cheese. The omelet was also super delicious. It was filled with shrimp, crab, spinach, tomato, parmesan and chives. I’d love to make this omelet at home!
It’s confirmed that they have delicious burgers.

We all walked down to the riverfront after lunch. We ran into the veterans parade on the way to the river.
When you don’t have any sunglasses…
It was so nice having lunch with Kyle’s dad and spending the day in Charleston.
Before we headed back to Charlotte, we stopped at one of my favorites sports for coffee, Carmellas.
I ordered a skim latte with an extra shot of espresso.

Stopping at Savannah’s Candy kitchen is a must when you’re in Charleston. It’s like a dream for sugar lovers!

I had to treat myself to some pistachio gelato.

We walked around the downtown a bit before heading back. I never get tired of exploring.
Charleston is so much better in the Fall. It’s SOOO hot in the summer and there are so many people visiting. Don’t get me wrong, I love it all year round, but it’s more tolerable (temperature wise) this time of year.
We left Charleston around four.
Of course we had to get some gas station snacks. 🙂
My parents wore the dogs out! They got all excited to see us and then went straight back to snoozing.

Questions for you!

1. Do you and your friends throw Friendsgivings?
  2. Are you ready for this crazy election to be over?
  3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own.

Comments

• Anonymous

You should move to Charleston

Reply to Anonymous
  • mila

You’re adorable

Reply to mila
  • Kelsey

Do you happen to have any crock-pot mac and cheese recipes? I’m making it for Friendsgiving and always prefer making a recipe that someone else suggests!

Reply to Kelsey
  • Amber

This is not even remotely related to this post but I’ve been so curious lately to know what app you always used when you would add the sparkle, hearts, and glitter effects to your photos!? I think you shared it a very long time ago but I have no idea when that was to find it. Thanks Taralynn!

Reply to Amber
  • Erika

Do you and your friends throw Friendsgivings? Yes. We’re hosting it at our house this weekend.

Are you ready for this crazy election to be over? Bittersweet.
    What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Pie. Also sweet potatoes and some kinds of stuffings. I always make these things (as well as the turkey), because these are leftovers I like to have. 🙂

Love that you’re having this Carolina adventure! Lived in the sandhills in NC for years. Loved Charlotte. Also lived in Columbia, SC for years. Love the rural areas. 🙂

Reply to Erika

Hi Erika!

I hope you have so much fun hosting!:) I bet you’re super excited to start cooking!

turkey leftovers are the best part of thanksgiving!

I agree!:) The carolinas are amazing and I feel blessed to be so close to the mountains, the country and the beaches!

• Kate

I went to Queen 82 after your recommendation. It was by far the best food i’ve had in Charleston so far!

Reply to Kate
  • Naomi

Tara,

Maybe I missed this in a previous post but what harness do you use for Grumples? Mine just doesn’t do the trick! (my sweet boxer is super leash aggressive and pulls like crazy)

Thanks!

Reply to Naomi
  • Teresa

Hi!

I am interested to hear about these life changing happenings. 🙂 Also, after reading about your love of CVS brand snacks I decided to try and I am in love with their selection. I’m there all the time and I can’t believe I’ve never noticed. I bought the pumpkin spice nut mix and the probiotic trail mix. Both so good.

I am going to a friendsgiving this weekend actually! I had planned on making a dip but I actually might decide to try these oatmeal cream pies too. I love oatmeal. Also, I have an elderly neighbor that lives downstairs and we have become very good friends. She lives alone so I try and bring her treats every other weekend. I think she would enjoy these.

Thank goodness the election is over. The only good thing on television this morning was the black friday commercials and the promising weather forecast for the weekend.

My favorite Thanksgiving dish is definitely the stuffing! 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your week + weekend!

Reply to Teresa

Hi Teresa!

Seriously that selection is the best. They have all the greatest snacks and I was just in the middle of writing a new post about my latest finds. How good was that pumpkin spice nut mix?! SOOO good.

That is so sweet of you to bring treats to your neighbor. I bet she appreciates that and your company. 🙂 I hope you love the oatmeal cream pies!

hahaha yes! I agree:) Well, i feel like the election isn’t going to be over for a while. Lots of upset people.

STUFFING MMMM I love my mom’s stuffing.

I hope you have a great friends giving and weekend !

xo

• Sheila

Hi Taralynn,
    I love your blog and all your recipes and fitness tips that you share! You’re a great motivation for a healthy lifestyle so thank you. Friendsgiving is a great tradition to have and a great idea.
    Thanks for the great blog and anxiously waiting to hear your news!

Reply to Sheila
  • Melanie

THAT PHOTO OF YOU AND KYLE IS ADORABLE

Reply to Melanie
  • Bethany

Do you and your friends throw Friendsgivings?
    -Sometimes! My best friend and I alternate cooking dinner for each other once a month, and we cook with themes! Our October dinner was all based around apple cider and butternut squash… I’m up for November so I’ve got to think of something good!

Are you ready for this crazy election to be over?
    – YES… my god…. my friend and I think it would be a riot if Bill was the FLOTUS… just performing his wifely duties around the White House! Lol! #bill4FLOTUS

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
    – My mom makes a dish where she lines a casserole pan with sliced apples, and then puts mashed butternut squash on top (with cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of butter blended in), tops it with corn flakes (for some crunch!) and bakes it! OMG…. It sounds kind of weird but it is truly the best part of the holidays! I have cooked it for my friends (it’s the easiest recipe ever!) and they are always begging me for the recipe! Can’t wait to have it at Thanksgiving!

Reply to Bethany

Hi Bethany!

Oh wow! That sounds amazing. You and your friend sound like amazing cooks. Butternut squash soup is one of my faves.

hahahahahaha that is hilarious. I wonder what it would be like to be the first man?

That sounds like an incredible dish! so unique….I am now hungry. You should email me that recipe! I want to try!!

have a great week

• Jennifer

Yes! This year we’re doing a friendsgiving, and pretty much everyone has a boyfriend so it’ll be a big group which will be super fun. Last year we did a Christmas party instead of Thanksgiving… so it’s been kind of going back and forth between holidays!

Yes. I voted this morning and I am so nervous, I just want the day to be over already!

It used to be my grandma’s stuffing until I was told she puts gizzard’s in it… haven’t eaten it since. Mashed potatoes come in second! 😀

P.s. thanks for the cliffhanger/suspense (if those are even the right words) with the exciting news! Hahaha I can’t wait to read about it!

Reply to Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!

That sounds like a blast! I bet you’re excited to start cooking. I’m hoping to have a Christmas party this year! Maybe something fun and themed:)

I know a lot of people feel the same way.

GIZZARDS? AHHHH just no. My dad would eat it up though, he loves gizzards. Why did they have to give it that creepy name…GIZZARDS. I’d go with the mashed potatoes too.

hahahaaha thank you! I’m anxious to tell everyone!

xo

• Hannahbeth

Where did you get your black top?

Reply to Hannahbeth
  • Colleen

Hi Tara!! Your posts always make my mornings <3

1 – Some of my friends do Friendsgiving at school, but I always like to go home for the holiday 🙂 Back home, one of my best friends from high school has people come over to her house for a giant brunch Thanksgiving morning, so I always like to go and see her and her family to catch up too!

2 – Omg. Aren't we all?

3 – There's so much to love!! My favorite dish is a toss-up between the stuffing (classic am I right?) and sweet potatoes! But everything is always sooo delicious! I can't wait for Thanksgiving; I always help my mom in the kitchen and make a couple dishes of my own!

Till next time xoxo

Reply to Colleen

Hi Colleen!

Thank you so much! xo

It’s so nice to catch up with family!:) This year we are going down to Florida to visit Kyle’s mom and I cannot wait!!

2 YES.

Stuffing is definitely in my top! I bet your place smells amazing during Thanksgiving!!

xo

• Lauren Whalen

1. We do not do Thanksgiving, but my partner and I host Thanksgiving at our home. He is a great cook, so it always turns out great. We had our thanksgiving about a month ago (we are Canadian)

2. YES! I am so ready for this election to be over, and I’m not even American

3. Stuffing for sure 🙂

Reply to Lauren Whalen

Hi Lauren!

Lucky your partner is a great cook! Sounds like a keeper!:) Happy belated thanksgiving for you!

hahaha I hear that a lot and for some reason Canada has been dragged into it.

mmmmm yesssss

Have a wonderful week!

• Lauren @ Following the Path of Life

Just for the record, I really kind of like that Steve Covey quote in one of your pictures…. 🙂 Also, your Stichfix clothes look wonderful! I love those jeans and that plaid dress on you is so cute!!!

I’d never thought of having a “Friendsgiving” — what an awesome idea!!! Alexander and I want to have some friends over for Thanksgiving, but I love the idea of just throwing an early party out of a thankfulness for friends — that’s so special. Your cookies looked delicious, by the way. And the Mac N Cheese looked AMAZING!!!! Oh my….

Haha–yes. I’m going to go vote for what I believe is right, and then live with whatever the results are. And hopefully the general craziness doesn’t get worse after the election is over.

Hmm…favorite Thanksgiving dish would be hard. Probably pumpkin pie or whole wheat rolls or cranberry sauce??? I’m really excited to try to cook a whole Thanksgiving meal for the first time this year (except for what friends bring). My mom would always make the turkey at home, so now I get to try it for Alexander. We’ll see how that goes…hehe….

I’m excited to see what your big news is, although I think I might already know at least part of it. 😉 Have a great week, Taralynn — enjoy those pups!

Reply to Lauren @ Following the Path of Life

Hi Lauren! You definitely know the news 🙂 (that snap)

That quote was amazing and outside one of the museums in Charleston.

& thank you! totally something I’d never try on, but I did like it!

You guys should totally do a friends giving! It’s so much fun and an excuse to cook whatever the heck you want! We did it one year with alfredo instead of turkey!

I’m abut to go vote this afternoon and I cannot wait for them to be over. I’ll back up whoever is president because that’s what the U.S. is all about, but goodness this election has been insane.

I can’t wait to see how your thanksgiving turns out! I LOVE THE ROLLS too!!

XO XO XO

• Carly

Your friends giving looks like it was a great time! All of the food and drink look Amazing! I will defiantly be trying to recreate some of the delicious-ness! We are unfortunately not doing a friends giving this year because my husbands work is so busy and his best friend happens to be getting married the one day we could have done it! But a wedding will be even more fun!

I can not wait for the election to be over! I want my news feed and tv commercials back!

Can I pick all of the thanksgiving foods as a favorite? My top three are defiantly pumpkin pie, sweet potato soufflé, and mashed potatoes! Thanksgiving has always been a favorite holiday between the yummy food, friends and family, and the leftovers! 🙂

Cant wait to hear about the exciting happenings in your world! 😉 What could possibly be a bigger change than a puppy! Loved the snap chat of Leo playing with Grumples the other day! Too Cute!

Reply to Carly

Hi Carly!!

It was such a blast. A wedding will be a blast, especially this time of year!

YES ME TOO!!!!

Yes you can pick them all! It’s hard to choose.

I can’t wait to share them with the blog! Not cooler than a puppy, but exciting nonetheless!

• Heather @ Polyglot Jot

What a great friendsgiving–ive never done that tradition before but its such a great idea.

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Samantha Broadstock

Hi Taralynn!
    I love your camel jacket from Stitch Fix! Who makes it? Do you know what the style is called? I’ve been trying to track one down.
    Thank you!

Reply to Samantha Broadstock
  • Anonymous

Life changing things?? Are you engaged or pregnant!? So excited to read about this new chapter (:

Reply to Anonymous
  • Kelly

1) We do a Friendsgiving every year, but unfortunately I can’t make it this year.

2) I’ve been ready since it started

3) My favorite Thanksgiving dish is definitely stuffing! My mom makes a buttery, oniony, sage one that I can never get enough of.

I’m planning on making your oatmeal creme pies for a work potluck – I just bought the ingredients today. They look so good!

Reply to Kelly

Hi Kelly!

Bummer!:( Hopefully next year!

Hahaha I feel ya.

WOW that stuffing sounds incredible. I love my mom’s stuffing recipe as well!

They’re soooooo good:) I hope you enjoy them!

• Kaylin@EnticingHealthyEating

Hi Taralynn! Can you please link the white bean recipe? The link isn’t there on the actual blog post. My mom makes a white bean chicken chili all the time and I want to compare the recipes. 🙂

Reply to Kaylin@EnticingHealthyEating
  • Kat

Hi Taralynn!

1. I’m going to my first friendsgiving this year. So excited, I love cooking for others & trying other peoples food! Ha

2. I’m beyond ready for the election to be over. I’ve had an uneasy feeling in my stomach for the past couple of days. AND I’m so over the campaign bashing commercials.

3. I used to look forward to mashed potatoes and gravy the most… now I look forward to everything haha. It’s my daughters first thanksgiving and she’s 10 months, so I’m excited for her to enjoy it too!

I love your stitchfix outfits!! ?

Reply to Kat

Hi Kat!

Ahhhh you’ll have so much fun!

You and me both.

You are going to have so much fun this thanksgiving! & how exciting to have your daughter apart of it this year!! 🙂

& thank you so much!

xo

• Jess

The food and drinks at your friendsgiving look amazing! And the pictures from Charleston are gorgeous! It’s on my travel bucket list and this time of year has to be perfect.

1. My boyfriend and I hosted friendsgiving last year (and I’ve hosted a few in the past with another friend group) and it was a blast. Unfortunately this year I think we won’t be able to do it. We’re running out of room in our apartment! 🙁 I was thinking about doing an appetizers and drinks kinda thing after the new year though. I can’t wait to have a house so that I can host friendsgiving again.

2. Ugh yes… I have people ringing my doorbell to check if I’m voting and I’ve received enough political flyers in the mail in the past two weeks that I could start a small bonfire.

3. I loveee mashed potatoes.

Reply to Jess

Thank you Jess!

Charleston is wonderful and you should definitely put it on your bucket list!

New years is also a great time to have a party with friends! 🙂

hahaha that is funny. You can have a celebration bonfire when it’s done!

mashed potatoes seem to be the favorite!

• Julie

Hi Taralynn!

Really enjoy reading your blog and seeing your daily commitment to exercise and eating right–I find it very inspiring! Can’t wait to read about your exciting adventures to come!

Reply to Julie
  • Anonymous

I doubt you lost 5 lbs of muscle you walk about 20,000 steps a day! Keep hydrating. You might feel like you gained fat and lost muscle because you’re dehydrated or exhausted.

Reply to Anonymous

Well I sure hope so! Feels like I’ve lost progress after taking that break, but maybe it was good for my body! I’ll try to stay hydrated. Thank you!

• Miranda Neff

Hello!

I wanted to say that I love the smiley face on the sweet potato burgers and I super loved the live cooking on snapchat! My friend and I kept trying to guess what you were making!! (She won;)) We are doing a friendsgiving this year while binge watching Gilmour girls! I will be making roasted vegetables, I make them every Sunday to “detox” from the weekend foods! I went through all of your roasted vegetable recipes (i hope that isn’t weird) to find the perfect concoction! Your happiness is inspiring! 🙂

Reply to Miranda Neff

Hi Miranda!

That just made my day:) Loved that you guys were guessing!

Roasted vegetables are my favorite too! & I still go through my recipes! Totally not weird! I hope you guys have a wonderful friends giving and enjoy your binge watch! I know so many people are excited for the new season!

xo xo thank you for taking the time to comment!

• Erin @ Brownie Bites

I just started watching Black Mirror and I’m hooked. Loving the creative stories. My friends do a Friendsgiving most years but this year my bestie and I are both pregnant and due within weeks of each other (as in… the next couple of weeks haha) so no Friendsgiving this year most likely! Boo! My favorite Thanksgiving dish is my mom’s dressing. She makes it with homemade biscuits, homemade cornbread, and sausage (among other things) and it’s so good!!

Reply to Erin @ Brownie Bites

It’s great. I think the memory episode and the rating episodes are my favorites.

OMG! You’re due so soon:) & congrats to you! Your mom sounds like a phenomenal cook…yum!! I’m hungry all over again!

xo

• Mallori

1) I haven’t planned a Friendsgiving, but we have thrown Cookie Soiree’s around Christmas, which is super fun, you would be surprised how many “savory” cookies have been added by the years, all delicious of course, just some with questionable names…i.e. Cheesy Peners (think cheez-it with jalapeno), ha!!

2)UGH, I’ve been ready… I agree with everyone else, can I get my social media back please? If you like podcasts, RadioLab has a really great one they just released today titled “One Vote”, it shows just how important it is to have a voice, no matter what it may be!

3)I use to not care for Thanksgiving, but like you said, I think once you age you start appreciating carbs more, ha! Our family always has delicious spinach squares- spinach, cheddar cheese, mushrooms (you can replace them 😉 ), onions and garlic…mmmm!!!!

I have always loved your blog, keep up the great work! 🙂

Reply to Mallori

Hi Mallori!

1. I’m laughing so hard at the name “cheesy peners” and maybe I’m not pronouncing it correctly haha I cannot wait for Christmas time!

2. I’ll have to check out that podcast. & I agree no matter who you are voting for, definitely vote!

3. Thanksgiving was never my favorite either! I started to like it more the older I got. I love it now. Love that you know I hate mushrooms haha! Those spinach squares do sound good though!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

xo

• Brooklyn

That sangria looks so delicious! I love all of the fruit in it. Friendsgivings are always so much fun 🙂

I have always wanted to go to Charleston and every time you post about it I want to go even more! One day. I love cute towns like Charleston looks.

I’m Canadian and even I’m ready for this election to be over!

My favorite Thanksgiving dish is mashed potatoes, because my boyfriend doesn’t like them and there’s no point in making any just for me, so I get so excited to eat them 🙂

Reply to Brooklyn

Yes they are & that Sangria was amazing. The apples were my favorite part because they were infused!

Charleston and all the surrounding areas are so fun to vista and very cute.

Hahaha that is funny! You’re probably sick of hearing all the people say “IM MOVING TO CANADA” lol

Ahhhhhh they’re the best. I especially love the loaded ones!!

xo

• Nicole

82 Queen is a favorite. Next time try the pork Benedict, you won’t regret it 🙂

Reply to Nicole
  • Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

1. Oh man, we usually go pretty hard. My friends and I have hosted the past few years since 3 of us lived together. But since we “broke up” and moved in with significant others it got pushed to the wayside this year. We have nothing on our radar. Which is such a bummer, because I LOVE to try new recipes!

2. Yes. Hard yes. I want my social media back.

3. I love me some pie. I’m a great cook, and I make a mean pie, but my brother puts me & my Mom both to shame. Last year we had 8 pies at Thanksgiving, but only 6 of us at the dinner table. Oops.

Excited to hear about this exciting new life chapter! Glad it’s all good things! And get some more sunglasses. I’ve got pairs stashed everywhere, one on my head, two in the car, a few more at home, some in other peoples cars. You just never know when the sun will come out!

Reply to Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

Awww booo 🙁 maybe you girls can do a friends giving brunch or lunch. Finding time is hard!

hahahahaha right?

8 PIES? that sounds like my family back in Iowa. We were the pie fam! You can’t really go wrong with pie OR pie leftovers.

I had like 10 pairs at one point…i have no idea where they are! They are probably out lost with the missing socks and hair ties!

What test did you take to determine that you’ve lost 5 lbs of muscle?

Also, what did you think of Black Mirror? I want to start watching something scary and that sounds quite thrilling.

I have a feeling that a lot of people will be moving to Canada after these elections… #TruDeau 🙂

Well I’ve lost five pounds, but it looks more like I gained five pounds, so I’m just assuming I’ve lost some muscle. I will take a body fat percentage test next week though.

I love black mirror. There are some episodes are the SUPER weird that I personally didn’t care for. They’re all well written though!

Hahaha if moving to Canada was that easy.

• Brittany

Ahh it looks like you had a wonderful weekend!! Loved looking at all of your photos 🙂 I still haven’t visited Charleston before, but it’s definitely up there on my list. Also, I’m super excited to hear more about the good news! Whatever it is, I am so happy for you 🙂

Reply to Brittany
  • Sara

Hey Taralynn,

Love reading your blog when I remember to look for posts LOL.

1. My friends from college did Friendsgiving a couple years and loved it. Now that I’ve moved across the state of TX and have made some new friends recently, we have decided to do a Friendsgiving as well and I’m so excited.
    2. YES!!! I’m so tired of hearing about the election. The problem is that even after tomorrow, we’ll continue hearing from both sides and it literally gives me a headache just thinking about it.
    3. Growing up, I would have to say the mashed potatoes and gravy were my favorite. I was never one to love Thanksgiving meals but as I’ve gotten older, I enjoy it more. Now I would have to saw sweet potato casserole is my favorite!

Love reading the blog when I get the chance… always end up “binge reading” it LOL.
    -Sara

Reply to Sara

Hi Sara!

I hope you enjoyed your binge read!! 🙂

1. I hope you have a blast at your friends giving! It’s so much fun.

2. uhhhh you’re right. It’s crazy what this election is doing to people. I met a girl that just broke up with her boyfriend because of the election. It’s sad.

3. I never like mashed potatoes as a kid…now I LOVE THEM. You appreciate carbs more once you’re older lol

xo