StitchFix Tastemakers Event: Part Two

Good Morning Everyone!  ☕️

I hope you enjoyed part one of the Stitch Fix Tastemakers Event recap! I loved going back and reliving it all. I’m also super excited because my next Fix will be arriving in the mail this week. ♥ I’ll make sure to share all the photos with you!

Day two of the Stitch Fix Tastemakers Event was amazing! It was filled with lessons on photography, styling, designing, staging products, an amazing lunch, hair & makeup, a photo shoot, and a delicious dinner! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
My body was still on Charlotte time, so I woke up a little too early! Before getting coffee and breakfast, I headed down to the hotel’s gym at 4:30 am to run four miles. This was the first time in my entire life I ever worked out at 4:30 am…& I didn’t like it. My body was in complete shock! Lesson learned 😉 I did manage to finish the workout and then I headed back upstairs to get ready for the day! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
I ordered a couple coffees, a grapefruit and delicious oatmeal! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
Relax time <3STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
I headed downstairs to meet up with the beautiful Kyrzayda to help shoot some photos. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
San Francisco was screaming sweater weather and I loved it! I had my new Stitch Fix jeans, purse, necklace and sweater on! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
All of us girls met in the Lobby at 9:00 and headed over to visit the Stitch Fix studio! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA GUYS, their studio was a dream. It was wide open, giant warehouse windows, and all kinds of natural lighting beaming through!
It was so cool because we all designed a top that’ll be out in the spring! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA They have over a thousand tops. Coming up with names for the top is hard because most of the names are already taken. We were all throwing ideas out there and I thought of the coffee shop I like to visit all the time, Amelies, and it was available! So we went with it 🙂 You’ll have to look out for the Amelies top in the spring!
STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
After learning all the steps to designing tops, we learned how to stage outfits and some photography skills. I loved all the OOTD tips! influencers-event_sf_353-2The photo studio experts gave us so many tips for shooting and styling the perfect photo. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA All of us had racks with our names on them filled with Stitch Fix items for us. I just felt like a princess and the surprises wouldn’t stop. Again, I was shocked because all the jeans, all the tops, all the shoes…fit like a glove! The stylist are so good.influencers-event_sf_308-2The beautiful Kimberly Kong! I love this girl so much. influencers-event_sf_291-2STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Gorgeous lunch with the creative team. influencers-event_sf_391-2If you’re not standing on a chair to take a photo of your food, you’re doing it all wrong. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
I’m going to turn these cute little stones from all the dinners with my name on it into magnets.STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA The food was incredible. It was catered by HeyDay a super fresh and unique restaurant that makes their dishes from scratch daily.STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Vegetarian and gluten free raw kale salad with yogurt avocado dressage and toasted seeds.STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
The sandwiches were roasted cauliflower with salsa verde, pecorino, aioli on a baguette. All of the food was fresh and tasty! We were so spoiled.
 STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
After lunch we had a happy hour while getting our hair and makeup done for the photo shoot! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA How adorable are these Stitch Fix cupcakes?
STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
The La Mienne team came to the hair and makeup rescue!

Makeup artist: Maria Alavarez Orozco STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
I’ve actually never had anyone style my hair or do my makeup before. This was such a treat. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  14523083_1146985885347986_2193439922560759589_n
(no makeup yet!)

I wish I could have someone do my hair everyday! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA tara-mcnitt_v1_1460-2We shot some fall looks and it was so much fun! influencers-event_sf_543-2influencers-event_sf_545-2Goofing off for some photos 🙂 influencers-event_sf_549-2kimberly-kong_v2_1066-2-2
CARGO JACKETS FOR THE WIN!  14484811_1138570119522896_5343491995916852803_n 14484967_1138570132856228_2276464594814590727_nSTITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Fueling back up after the shoot! influencers-event_sf_552-2Kimberly Kong & Coco Bassey ♥ (their fashion blogs are out of this world)group_v1_2063group_v1_2076group_v1_2065We shot for a good four hours! It was so much fun and we ended it with confetti group shots!

Rosanna – glamdapper.com Africa – Africamiranda.com Monique – ambitiouskitchen.com April – aprilathena7.com Maria – crazytogether.com Jaime – creatingreallyawesomefunthings.com Andrea – howdoesshe.com Kyrzayda – kyrzayda.com Coco – millennielle.com Daniela – nanysklozet.com Kimberly – sensiblestylista.com –Juli paleomg.comSTITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
Stop at Barbary Coast Pastry and Coffee.STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Another cute little note and surprise waiting in the hotel room when I got back! STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
Headed out to our last dinner at Trou Normand.STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Another amazing setup.
STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Chef’s Selection Charcuterie & SalumiSTITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Butter Lettuce with radishes, lemon and chervil.
Avocado salad with black eyed peas, cherry tomatoes and summer savory. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Fingerling potatoes gremolata.
STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA  STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Collard greens with lemon and salt.STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Local ling cod with capers and brown butter. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Roast pork loin.STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Dessert was unforgettable.

Charentais melon ice cream sandwiches and huckleberry yogurt cake. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
A gift for Kyle! I can’t wait to do a Stitch Fix with him. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA I woke up pretty early on Friday morning to pack, have breakfast and get ready for a day of traveling. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA
I had such an amazing time and I’m so impressed with the Stitch Fix company. They are so good to their employees, so positive and put so much work into making each Fix perfect for their customers. I recommend Stitch Fix to any women, any girl and any guy out there.san fransiscoIt was sad to say goodbye because all of the these girls were so inspiring and super sweet. STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Back to Charlotte! (I’ll be filling you guys in on a recap post soon) STITCH FIX TRIP SAN FRANSISCO CALIFORNIA Questions for you!

1. Do you have any questions for me about the trip?
  2. Do any of you have a Stitch Fix box on it’s way? (filling out the style profile is super fun)
  3. What is your favorite fall accessory?

Thank you so much for reading! xo xo

I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own.

Comments

• Jessica

Hi Taralynn!

You make me want to order my own Stitch Fix box but unfortunately they don’t ship to Canada… 🙁
    Hope they will ship there one day!

Love to read your blog!
    xo

Reply to Jessica
  • Rebecca Feltmann

Hello, just stumbled upon your super adorable website and fell in LOVE with those boots you have on! Where did you get them and what brand are they?!

Reply to Rebecca Feltmann
  • Jamie

Oh man, loved reliving the trip via your post! Hair and make up was a dream… seriously wish that could happen everyday! So nice to meet you 🙂 Let’s beg Stitch Fix to take us back for a reunion trip 😉

Reply to Jamie
  • KimW

Hi Taralynn – I am new to your blog and really enjoyed the peek into Stitch Fix!! So fun to see how the company works and it sure looks like they treated you bloggers well!! I would be interested to know what kind of style tips you picked up from your time there – you said you enjoyed the OOTD tips… can you share what you learned about taking pictures and just all around any styling ideas you picked up??
    My favorite fall accessories are scarves and booties.

Reply to KimW
  • Jillian

Hi Taralynn! I have never ordered from here before but the clothes look amazing and I tend to be safe when it comes to my wardrobe, so this could be a great wait to experiment and take a risk! Can you order just one box at a time or is it automatic? Thanks for your help! I always enjoy reading your blog!

Reply to Jillian
  • Sapphire

What was your favorite part and do you plan on keeping in contact with the ladies you got to become great friends with?
    I would, but it’s not in my budget right now.
    My favorite fall accessory would for sure be a scarf. I am obsessed with scarves.

Reply to Sapphire

Hi! My favorite part was visiting the warehouse and seeing the entire process come to life. I also loved talking with the social media panel because I learned so much. I also think the entire trip was inspirational and all of the girls were super fun. I do plan on staying in contact with these ladies! I already have a DC trip planned to visit Kimberly 🙂

Scarves are perfect for the fall!

xo

• Brooklyn

This trip looked incredible!
    I adore your hair the way they did it!
    All of the food look delicious and so healthy 🙂 What do collard greens taste like? I’ve always wanted to try them but have never seen them in stores or at restaurants where I live.

Reply to Brooklyn

Thanks Brooklyn!

I loved how they did it! I’ll never be able to do the same lol

The collard greens taste a lot like spinach! Super delicious! I wasn’t a huge fan of the lemon and salt! i’d do more of a garlic parm flavor!

xo

• Ashley

This must have been SO much fun! I love Stitch Fix and actually have a good friend who works for them. He really loves his job and everyone there is so friendly. Will you be putting out anything new in your shop for fall?

Reply to Ashley

It was a blast!

So happy to hear your friend loves working with them! I’ve heard nothing but good things from other employees! I will be putting new stuff out in November! 🙂 xo

• Chandler

I have a StitchFix box on the way now because of these posts 😉 Can’t wait to see what’s in it! It should arrive next week. My favorite fall accessory is definitely cozy sweaters. I have a myriad of cozy, comfy sweaters because I live in MN! Although I love boots too. So many awesome fall things <3 Thanks for sharing about the trip. So fun to read 🙂

Reply to Chandler

I can’t wait to hear about your experience!

COZY SWEATERS ARE MY EVERYTHING!

Hope you get some in your box!! xo xo

& thank you so much for reading

• Melissa

ahh, Tara I am SOO jealous! This looks like so much fun. You are so cute too!
    I am dying to go back to SF now that I’m older and can appreciate travel. This makes me want to head back even quicker!

xo, Melissa || http://www.greenpalatelife.com

Reply to Melissa
  • Kellie Mooney

This looks so fun! What brand is the olive green cargo jacket you have on. I’ve been looking for one exactly like this!

Reply to Kellie Mooney
  • Vanessa

Uh, too bad that StitchFix does not seem to work in Europe, their service appears to be amazing!

Regarding fall accessoires I might sound very granny here, but I love my woolen socks! I always knit them myself to make sure they fit and match my outfits. They are great to just keep my feet warm and also work with dresses to make them look more cozy. Love them <3

Reply to Vanessa

Hopefully soon! I know they’re growing fast, so I wouldnt be surprised!

Lol not granny at all. I love my fuzzy slippers! 😉 allllll about being cozy!

xo

• Mackenzie

Sounds like such a lovely girls’ weekend! Did you have a chance to get out and explore any of San Fransisco? My favourite accessory is my long pocket watch-like necklace because it can easily be paired with anything, although I also love a good scarf!

Reply to Mackenzie

I wish I could have! We were so busy and I had long traveling days. I’ll be back to explore more though! I like the long necklaces as well:) You can wear them all year round!

• Nicole

Opps, I forgot to ask my question. What does it mean to be a Tastemaker? I didn’t know if that had to do with food or something else 🙂

Reply to Nicole

Haha you think it would have something to do with food 😉 It means “A person who decides or influences what is or will become fashionable” 😀

• Nicole

I enjoy StitchFix. I just got my October Fix and November’s will be here in a few weeks. I love California. San Francisco is pretty unique with lots of history. I actually just moved from there to North Carolina several months ago. So, I’ve been enjoying your blog to acquaint me with my new home in this state. And you went to my old home 🙂 You looked great in the photos. The Fix outfit gave me inspiration for matching some pieces together from my own wardrobe.

Reply to Nicole

Wooo! I can’t wait for my box to arrive.

That is a BIG MOVE! How are you liking the difference?

& thanks so much for the kind words! I grabbed a ton of inspiration as well!

xo

• Hilary

I just signed up! Cant wait.

Reply to Hilary
  • Shannen

Beautiful photos! You have such a great smile!
    What did you think of San Francisco? It’s got first time in Cali right? I loved it when I went.
    I wish I could afford Stich Fix because you make it seem like such a fun thing! I’m always hesitant when I shop online, especially for pants. I’m an odd size and struggle to find things that fit properly.
    I LOVE FALL!! Everything about it! Sweaters. Scarves. Booties. Picking one thing is impossible!
    Looking forward to your next post!

P.S. Leo is freaking adorable!

Reply to Shannen

Awww thank you Shannen!!!!

YES & I LOVED IT. I cannot wait to go back and visit.

I think that is what makes StitchFix so great. They use a lot data and measurement to find the best items for you. I was shocked when all the pants they went me fit me well. I have a weird shape for pants and can never find anything that fits just right.

I think picking one thing out is hard too!! I should have said WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE and not just one! 😉

& Thank you! He’s so adorable and has a crazy personality! haha

xo xo

• Bethany @LuluRuns

Oh my goodness, that looks like an amazing trip! A photo shoot + adorable notes + super cute clothes, yes please!

My favorite fall wear has to be either scarves or boots. Aside from my running shoes, I feel like I live in my boots the entire fall and winter months. 😉

Reply to Bethany @LuluRuns
  • morgan

Is the Simply Taralynn collection no more?

Reply to morgan
  • Lisa A

This was such a cute post! This trip looked absolutely amazing. I checked out the other bloggers IG accounts and I love how the stitch fix photo shoots captured all of your personal styles. I’ve heard of stitch fix before this post but never really checked it out… I’m definitely going to have to consider it now!

Reply to Lisa A

Thank you Lisa!

I agree with you:) They definitely styled us up all different & the personalities really shined through.

I can’t believe I’ve waited this long! It’s great 🙂

xo

• Alexa

Your trip looked amazing! I’ve never been to California, but it looked like you had a great time!

I haven’t had a Stitch Fix in a while! I used to get them fairly regularly (But took a break to be financially responsible), but your posts have made me want to get one! Looks like their fall stuff is amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!

I love wear leggings and boots!

Reply to Alexa

It was my first time and I cannot wait to go back!

YES THE FALL STUFF IS AMAZING! I love that you can turn it on and off again!

xo xo yes boots and leggings!!

• Jennifer

Yes I have one arriving Thursday or Friday! I put it together myself so I know what’s coming…. but the anticipation is still so great!! 😉

I would have to say a blanket scarf! They keep you so warm. I love the one I ordered from your shop last fall! It’s my favorite one. (random question… are you stocking up on fall items for the shop at all this year??)

So glad you had a fun trip!! 🙂

Reply to Jennifer
  • Carly

Looks like the trip of a life time! I loved reading all about it! What did you think of San Francisco? Will you go back to visit?

After reading your Part 1 I signed up and scheduled my first box for later this month! I can not wait to see what they come up with! I think my style is pretty similar to your, so I loved all the the Stitch Fix pieced you’ve shared!

I love fall style, so its hard to pick just one accessory! I have to go with either flannel shirts, scarfs, or any jeweled colored ‘gem’ type jewelry! yea so much for picking one ha!

Reply to Carly

YES! & I CANNOT WAIT!

I want to make a trip there next summer. I was sad I couldn’t explore more!

I cannot wait to see your looks and get your feedback! XO

I’m loving the flannel shirts + boots! It’s ok…I always pick more than one as well!

xo PLEASE come back and let me know what you think of your box!

• Hannah

Your trip looked so fun I’ve always wanted to visit San Francisco!

I have done stitch fix since the spring but your post made me want to order again! The last box I got I kept all the items!

My favorite fall accessories are blanket scarfs & Pom Pom beanies

Reply to Hannah

It was so lovely. I cannot wait to go back to SF and explore!

Their fall stuff…omg it’s to die for! I just wanted everything in their warehouse.

YES!! love those! & with a cute pair of boots!

xo