StitchFix Tastemakers Event: Part One

Happy Sunday!

Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day! The rain has been nonstop this weekend and it felt great walking out into the chilly and crisp fall air this morning. I woke up super early this morning so I could walk the pups, have some coffee and tell you all about my trip to San Francisco for the Stitch Fix Tastemakers Event. As you already know, I take so many photos and love sharing everthing with you, so I’m going to write about my experience in two parts.
img_6595 img_6608img_6556-2Before I headed out to San Fransisco to learn all about the Stitch Fix company, the team sent me my first Stitch Fix box so I could get an idea of what they were all about.

What the heck is Stitch Fix? It’s an online personal styling service for men and women. They match up your taste and lifestyle with clothing that fits right in. The stylist use wisdom & data science to build the perfect box for you! I like to call them ”magic genies” rather than stylist.

Here’s the thing. I don’t let people shop for me. I’m picky, I like what I like, and I hardly put the trust in others when it comes to clothing. I never let my mom shop for me as a kid and demanded to come along on all the shopping trips. Talk about diva…

So while I was filling out the personal style profile, giving a stylist the opportunity to pick out clothing for me, I was a little hesitant, but somehow she nailed it.
img_6644 img_6609
My box was filled with a couple cozy sweaters that are perfect for the fall and winter, jewelry with gold & stone (as requested), a cute and comfy dress that can be warn all year round, and adorable high wasted jeans that are to die for!
img_6722
I think it’s amazing how well they match up your size to the products. Everything fit like a glove! They use a lot of analytics and data to create the perfect box, they don’t just guess or assume! Not only is the team at Stitch Fix amazing at fashion, but they are all intelligent and hardworking people. The positivity and determination in the Stitch Fix environment was contagious and an so incredibly inspiring.
img_6658 img_6660
The cool thing about Stitch Fix is that you don’t have to keep anything in the box if you don’t like it. You can send it right back and it’s free. If you like everything, you can get it all for 25% off and that is what I did. Stitch Fix is perfect if you don’t have time to shop, don’t know how to shop, or want to change things up in your wardrobe. They have over 3000 stylist out there who are so good at what they do! If you get a box and don’t like anything in it, you can actually change your stylist or request one. I love that.

My first Stitch Fix experience was a success! Stitch Fix Trip
It was a long day of traveling. I left Charlotte, NC at noon and arrived in San Francisco at nine! That’s midnight in Charlotte.
img_8040
I was excited to arrive at the Axiom hotel and relax before the Stitch Fix Tastemakers Event! I felt so honored and happy that they invited me along for the experience.

The team at Stitch Fix put together a thoughtful welcome bag for me. It had a cute purse (in my favorite color) a pencil skirt, a pretty new grey sweater with lace elbow patches, a stone necklace, a selfie stick (YES) and a precious note. Salad Axiom Hotel
I know it was late at night, but I hadn’t had dinner yet, so I ordered a salad from the hotel’s kitchen. It was delicious! It had grilled chicken, avocado, tomatoes, mixed greens and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Axiom Hotel San Fransisco California The Axiom Hotel was one of the most adorable and chic places I’ve ever stayed. I loved the sophisticated and modern look. Breakfast Axiom Hotel San FranI woke up SUPER early because I was so excited to get ready and meet all the other incredibly talented bloggers attending the Stitch Fix Tastemakers Event. (the links to their blogs are at the bottom of the post, please check them all out)

I had fresh fruit, eggs, and bacon for breakfast. I felt super cool because the hotel’s T.V. new my name and I could order breakfast or anything right off the television…hello fancy. 😎
 14504685_611949255639707_7376646548953759744_nI’ve been craving the hotel’s lattes since I left. They were strong, creamy and just the way I like them! influencers-event_sf_033-2-2 We all met in the hotel’s lobby at 8:45 am so we could walk to the Stitch Fix Head Quarters! 14473987_1144394165627764_7576162799353593856_nThey gave us a really cool tour. Imagine having that view everyday?

I especially loved their inspiration boards.

Brittany Busacca-Trend Manager, Jen Benzian-Buying Director, Jena Wang– Exclusive Brands Director Meredith Dunn -VP of Styling & Client Experience

They gave us such a cool opportunity to sit and chat with their merchandising panel. These ladies left me inspired and totally amazed at how much work is put into the Stitch Fix company. It’s not one person that makes it work, it’s the team. They shared so much with us. The talked about how they pull inspiration and how taking risks are encouraged at Stitch Fix. This isn’t a company where toes are stepped on and where ideas are kept to yourself. They work together and consider all ideas brought to the table. influencers-event_sf_052-2  img_8046
I had to share photos of their snack shelf with you all. SERIOUSLY GOALS.
After a little break, we sat down and chatted with the Social Media Panel…and they are legit.

Lauren Michaels– Pinterest, Darlene Thomas-Facebook & Instagram, Lily Felder– Stitch Fix Social Media

We learned so much about using platforms for marketing and all the tips that help companies grow. They were very informative and shared a ton of helpful tips for our blogs. They answered all of our questions and also had questions for us. Perbacco Restaurant San Fransisco California
We headed over to lunch with some of the biggest VIPS and seasoned experts who have made  Stitch Fix so successful. It’s hard to believe this company started five years ago. Perbacco Restaurant San Fransisco California We met up with Lisa Bougie, general manager of women’s, Mike Smith, general manager of men’s, and Julie Bornstein, chief opperating officer + more! Perbacco Restaurant San Fransisco California They set up a beautiful lunch for us at Perbacco.
Pan Seared Flat Iron Steak (marinated beans/cherry tomatoes/salsa verde)Perbacco Restaurant San Fransisco California
I’m totally going to butcher this one because I didn’t take a photo of the menu. Just trust me when I say the dessert was delicious. I like to have a couple bites of everything and push it away…and it was hard!

It was some kind of delicious cake muffin (cupcake without frosting?) filled with a chocolate ginache, strawberries, toffee crunch and vanilla sorbetto on top of graham cracker crumbles. Perbacco Restaurant San Fransisco California After lunch, we headed over to  Stitch Fix Warehouse…what an experience!  This is where they keep racks of clothes, complete orders and handle returns. We split into groups and completed some orders, packaged some boxes and watched how they handle returns. This was seriously so fun! influencers-event_sf_225-2-2 influencers-event_sf_238-2influencers-event_sf_232-2 influencers-event_sf_234-2They make sure everything is packaged carefully, they take the time to make it pretty and fun for the customers! As we were talking to some of the friendly employees in the warehouse, they all had positive and nice things to say about the  Stitch Fix company. They truly LOVE what they do and discussed their opportunities to move up in the company. They love seeing  Stitch Fix grow and can’t wait to see what the future holds for them.

We got back to the hotel around five and had a couple hours to relax while getting ready for dinner.  Coffee please!   It was like a Cinderella story. They left new shoes and a cute little note sitting on the bench for me in my hotel room.   Dinnertime & all dolled up in Stitch Fix head to toe!
 We had dinner at Cala. It was a really neat spot with fun lights and awesome decor.  They brought out tons of food to eat throughout the night.

Sopes players with midnight black beans, creme and ricotta salata.  Trout tostada with chipotle, avocado and fried leeks. I loved chatting with all the bloggers and the awesome team at  Stitch Fix at dinner.  Grilled little gems with domingo rojo beans.   Sweet potato with bone marrow salsa negra Rockfish a la talla Palanqueta with chocolate ice cream.

That chocolate ice cream tasted like a Hershey’s bar in the ice cream texture. HOLY COW was it incredibly. It felt good just to lay down and reflect on the day for a little while.

Day one at the  Stitch Fix Tastemakes Event was such a success and I couldn’t wait for the photo shoot and more learning experiences! I’ll be blogging about it tonight and it’ll be live ASAP! (I also owe you guys a recap post to fill you in on some workouts, eats, and other crazy life news)

All the amazing bloggers I spent the day with:

Rosanna – glamdapper.com Africa – Africamiranda.com Monique – ambitiouskitchen.com April – aprilathena7.com Maria – crazytogether.com Jaime – creatingreallyawesomefunthings.com Andrea – howdoesshe.com Kyrzayda – kyrzayda.com Coco – millennielle.com Daniela – nanysklozet.com Kimberly – sensiblestylista.com  Juli- paleomg.cominfluencers-event_sf_353-2Thank you so much Stitch Fix for inviting me along!

If you haven’t already checked out  Stitch Fix please do! It’s so cool and such a neat experience. I already have my friends and family hooked. I’m super excited for my boyfriend to receive his first fix! We will be doing a shoot together 🙂

Questions for you!

1. Have you ever used Stitch Fix?
  2. How would you describe your style in one word?
  3. What would you like to know about Stitch Fix?

YOU CAN NOW READ PART TWO!! 😀

I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own.

Comments

• Peg

Thank you, nice read.

Reply to Peg
  • Shellie

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Stitch fix. I also love love the open grey sweater too. It looked so cozy, and the shoes were GREAT!!! I Love reading your blog. I sometimes just go back through pages to see your snacks or dinners. I am also in on the October fit Challenge. Trying to post meals, and exercise often on Instagram. Keep up the great writing and work you do. :))

Reply to Shellie

This comment just made my whole day! Thank you so much Shellie. I love knowing that you enjoy my blogs and what I write can make someone else happy as well! xo xo

Love that you’re doing the october fit chal xo

• Rachel

I love Stitch Fix! This sounds like such an awesome experience!

Reply to Rachel
  • Amanda| The Kitcheneer

I LOVE Stitch Fix!!! My friend recommended them earlier this year and I have had 5 fixes and 4/5 I have kept EVERYTHING! The clothes are so cute and fit like a glove and my stylist just gets it! Im horrible at picking out outfits. I just get overwhelmed! But Stitch Fix makes is SO easy! Like last month I had two weddings to go to and my stylist hooked me up with two adorabale dresses and accessories! <3 So lucky you got to see it in person!

Reply to Amanda| The Kitcheneer

That is awesome!!!! Once you get a good stylist you don’t want to let go! You would have loved this trip because seeing the process was so amazing! I bet you looked so good in those outfits!!

xo

• Shannon

I’ve tried StitchFix in the past but the items never look good on me. If I could lose 30lbs, I’m sure they would look nice. Some were okay but not for the price tag.

You look good in everything though! 🙂

Reply to Shannon

They’ve been working really hard the past couple years with data and sizing! I know they’ve made amazing improvements! 🙂

& thank you so much! I’m sure you looked great as well. We are our worst critics!

xo

• Carly

I loved reading about your trip!

I’ve never used Stitch Fix, but after this post I signed up! Can’t wait to see what’s in my box! My style word would have to be either comfortable or neutral… too hard to pick just one. Or maybe it should be simple if that gets to include both!

After reading all about Stitch Fix, my question would be how did I not try this sooner! And can I work there? … Sounds like SUCH a great company!!

Reply to Carly

Thank you Carly!

I cannot wait to see what you get and hear all about it! I love everyone comfortable and I think they really know how to style it 😉

Seriously? i want to work there too!!! They are a wonderful company and I love how happy their employees are.

• Janet

What brand is that cute open grey sweater?! I love it!

Reply to Janet
  • Dana

I’m another former customer of Stitch Fix….I love the concept but was never able to get a “fix” that was right! Also, for the money they charge (it was comparable to what you would find in your local mall), I was disappointed in the quality of clothes offered. I stopped my deliveries after awhile because of this & didn’t want to keep being charged a fee even if I didn’t keep anything.

Reply to Dana

That is totally understandable! I think changing up stylist is helpful and being direct with what you want in the notes. But just like everything in life, it’s not for everyone 🙂 xo

• Emily Weir

I feel like the only one who has had a poor experience with Stitch Fix. I filled out the style guide, but was sent items I had said I wasn’t interested in. The other items I received were also not very fashionable, seemed like they were poor quality fabrics, and just weren’t well designed. The items you received were super cute though so I’m not sure where my order went wrong!

Reply to Emily Weir

Hi Emily!

I think a lot of people have received things they didn’t like. That’s the beauty of being able to change your stylist, send feedback, and return your items for free 🙂 I know you can request things you like and most stylist will work hard to please you. I definitely recommend trying it again, but change up your stylist and go back in and change up your profile notes! I would die to be a stylist for them! I wish they had a hub here! xo xo

Taralynn

• Hannah

I’m a little bigger. Do you think they can find clothes for me?

Reply to Hannah
  • Desire

I just signed up! I can’t wait for my first fix 🙂

Reply to Desire
  • Mackenzie

Looks like such an awesome trip and all of the food looks delicious! I’ve never used Stitch Fix but it looks like such a cool service! And I’d probably describe my style as traditional, if that makes any sense… it’s classic but also girly, comfy, and preppy; so yeah, traditional.

Reply to Mackenzie
  • Brittany M.

Hi Taralynn,

This event was so well put together. I’m impressed. I hope to see the company grow more. Stitch Fix offers an excellent service especially for those who stay on the go.

Have you ever used Stitch Fix?

I’ve made an account for Stitch Fix and completed the style questionnaire, but I am holding off on my first order until I lose weight. It gives me a little extra incentive.

How would you describe your style in one word?

Reserved. Most of the time I wear scrubs (for work). And other times I wear workout clothes. I say “reserved” because I am self-conscious so I don’t really like showing my body off and dressing up is “reserved” for special occasions.

What would you like to know about Stitch Fix?

I would like to know other customer testimonies. I know everything fit you like a glove, but you are also small and fit. I would like to know how people who are average sized or plus sized feel about Stitch Fix.

Thanks for your post!

Reply to Brittany M.

Hi Brittany!

The event was amazing and so much work put into it! I agree with you.

I think that’s a really cool goal. 🙂

That is why I love Stitch Fix. You can tell them you like to hide/show off or any request for your body and they will work with it. They really know how to dress any body type.

Here are some reviews for all body types 🙂

xo xo

• Nicole

What a dream! It looks like a fun time. I would love to see all the ins and outs of Stitchfix. A big fan of the company/service.

Reply to Nicole

Such a great time. I can see why you are a fan of the company and service. This experience was so great and I loved seeing everyone work together and how much is put into it. XO

• Brooklyn

What an awesome looking press trip! That hotel is adorable!
    StitchFix seems so generous with you all and seems to really know what they are doing, so awesome!
    I can’t wait to read more about it 🙂

Reply to Brooklyn

Very fun!

I’m excited to share the rest of the photos. I have more of the hotel as well 😉

They were more the generous and treated us so well.

I was so inspired after seeing their company and how much is put into making everything happen!

xo

• Sapphire

No but it sounds amazing. My style in one word comfy. How did you like the blue bottle cold brew coffee. It’s one of my favorite coffee shops down there. I guess I would ask about the history behind why they started, how they started. It’s so cool.

Reply to Sapphire

You’d love it!

I’m just like you…COMFY IS EVERYTHING to me! I was really excited when I got the blue bottle cold brew because I didn’t have time to go to the storefront and I really wanted to! The cold brew was so good! 🙂 I’ll be explaining all the backstory on the blog tomorrow!!

xo xo

• Jennifer

LOVE THIS. It looks like they put together an amazing event for you guys! I feel like my favorite part would have been seeing the warehouse. How fun was packaging the Fixes!?

Reply to Jennifer

They really did! 🙂 Everything was so organized and fun. The packing was super fun and I love how much love and effort they put into each box! The scanning, the wrapping and the stickers were super fun! Seems silly but I loved it!

• Alea Zhelev

1. I began using Stitch Fix earlier this year and LOVE IT! They obviously know what they’re doing because I haven’t had to send back a single thing! I’m always amazed at how they seem to know my style even better than I do – they get it perfect every time.

2. EVOLVING. I feel like, at 25 and newly married, I’m at a point in my life where I’m “growing up” and really finding myself. This is leading to big changes in my life and in my style. It’s so exciting!

3. I would like to know more about their men’s clothing. My husband hates shopping and helping him pick out anything is almost painful. Maybe this could be a good option for him… I’m looking forward to reading about your boyfriend’s experience with his first fix.

Reply to Alea Zhelev

Seriously?! That is amazing!!

I am also amazed at how well they size us! Everything fits perfectly and I love it all. So happy to hear you love it.

YES!! I love that word and I think it describes me too! Love your answer 😉

YES:) I’m so excited to learn more and actually experience the men’s clothing. My boyfriend hates shopping but is picky and fits in things differently so it’ll be cool to see how it works out for him. I’ll write all about it! xo xo

Taralynn

• Jamie

1. I haven’t, but I’ve definitely been curious. Reading this post gave me the push to finally try it, I just ordered it this morning!
    2. Classic. Trendy pieces are fun, but ultimately I want to look classy and know that my wardrobe can last me for years.
    3. Can I talk to the stylists to make specific requests for items I’d like to try?

Reply to Jamie

That is good! I think you’ll love it. My mom tried it for the first time today too! I’m so excited and told her to wait to open the box when she’s with me.

I like that! Class pieces are definitely staples you can keep around for a long time.

YES! You can give them Pinterest boards and write requests & notes for them!

• Alyssa

I’ve used Stitch Fix before and loved it! The only problem was some of the items sent to me were out of my price range even when I stated how much I wanted to spend. It was sad sending some things back that I LOVED because I couldn’t afford it. I am however planning on giving it another try when I can financially! 😃

Reply to Alyssa
  • Linda @ the Fitty

The wooden bowls at Cala are so cute. I’ve been looking to get a salad bowl like that.

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty