Protein Waffles & Cheesy Turkey Sausage Hash

Happy Monday!

I have so much to catch you guys up on and tons of yummy recipes to post (balsamic fig baguettes, roasted veggies, meatloaf, & ground turkey taco salads.) I decided to start with the protein pancakes and cheesy turkey sausage hash since it’s been weeks (oops.)

I love having breakfast for dinner. It’s fun & delicious.

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerThis breakfast consisted of perfectly crunchy bacon, cheesy hash with turkey sausage and veggies, scrambled eggs, protein pancakes and fresh fruit.

http://simplytaralynn.com/2016/08/09/team-usa-weekend/Kyle and I picked up Flapjacked Protein Pancake Mix (for the waffles) and a cheap little stainless steel Belgian waffle makerI chose the Flapjacked mix because it was the cheapest and had a lot of protein and fewer carbs.

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerThe eggs were scrambled with onion powder, garlic powder, light cream, pepper and minced onion.

Sunday Breakfast for Dinner Sunday Breakfast for Dinner
Baked bacon is the best way to do it. It’s super crunchy and flaky! I also think it’s an easier way to cook the bacon. I hate frying it with oils flying all over the place. I bake it for about fifteen to twenty minutes at 350 degrees.

I sautéed bell peppers and onion for the potato hash with olive oil, black pepper, and sea salt.

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerI added a bag of hashed potatoes, the sautéed veggies and a bag of turkey sausage to a large frying pan with olive oil.

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerContinue to cook and stir for twenty five minutes on high heat.

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerI added a half cup of sharp cheddar cheese and covered.

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerTurn the heat off and let the cheese melt.

Sunday Breakfast for Dinnerperfection <3

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerThis was my first time making waffles (other than a hotel breakfast.)

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerLook at that stack! Crazy what a little cheap waffle maker is capable of doing! I can’t believe I haven’t made these before…

Sunday Breakfast for DinnerWe used light syrup and MELT for the top of them!
Melt Organic Rich and Creamy Butter Spread (VEGAN)

Sunday Breakfast for Dinner <3Sunday Breakfast for Dinner

This was a yummy breakfast for dinner!

Questions for you!

1. Pancakes or Waffles?
  2. Sausage or Bacon? (vegetarian included)
  3. Breakfast or Dinner?

Comments

Do you like your bacon soft of crispy?

• Amanda @ Positively Amanda

I’m a waffle kinda person! Looks delicious!

Reply to Amanda @ Positively Amanda
  • Vanessa

Looks so delicious! Today I finally found inspiration for a rather fancy breakfast again: I had whole grain bread with cheese, yoghurt with apple sauce and grapes. Soo good 🙂

Pancakes or Waffles?
    Definitely waffles! Soo many options and it’s definitely a family tradition to have them.

Sausage or Bacon? (vegetarian included)
    Neither. I’m vegetarian and have not yet found any delicious replacements for these products. But I am totally into cheese!

Breakfast or Dinner?
    I prefer breakfast and couldn’t live without. Going to a fancy breakfast buffet with my family is amazing!

Reply to Vanessa

Hi Vanessa!

That breakfast does so FANCY & super yummy!

Always smart to stick to those family traditions 😉

Cheese is always good!

I also love a fancy breakfast buffet! There is one here in the South that I LOVE going to after church!

• Mackenzie

I’m definitely a breakfast girl, my family always did my great grandmother’s French pancake recipe for dinner growing up. They were so good we didn’t even put maple syrup on them (and that means a lot coming from a Canadian)!
    1. Pancakes
    2. Is it cheating to choose sausage wrapped in bacon?
    3. Breakfast all day everyday!!!

Reply to Mackenzie

Hi Mackenzie!

A French pancake recipe?…that sounds super fancy and SUPER delicious. I bet those were a special treat! (LOVE Canadian syrup. I brought some home from my latest trip!)

Not cheating at all…sign me up!

xo

• Rebecca

Pancakes or Waffles? Pancakes
    Sausage or Bacon? Bacon
    Breakfast or Dinner? Breakfast

🙂

Reply to Rebecca
  • Dana

Pancakes, only because I overfilled my waffle iron one morning and it broke getting the waffle out!

I love both! I probably buy turkey sausage more because it is lighter for every day.

Breakfast for dinner is fun, especially on a Sunday night, or for a late supper. But I prefer “dinner” food: fish, chicken, etc.

Reply to Dana

Hi Dana!

Oh no! That’s a waffle disaster 🙁

I really like turkey sausage over turkey bacon! (if i had to choose)

Yes, especially on a Sunday night!

I love to mix the dinner/breakfast foods!

xo

• Jennifer

Breakfast all day everyday haha It happens all the time. I’d usually pick pancakes over waffles. I actually found a pretty good protein pancake mix at Target that’s really good too! And real bacon always wins 😉

Reply to Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!!

ALL DAY ER’ DAY. I am going to have to go to Target to look! I didn’t even think to look there! Thanks for the tip 🙂

& bacon alllll day errrr’ day.

xo

• Bethany @LuluRuns

I love breakfast for dinner! I try to make it at least 2x a week. My favorites are omelettes (which usually end us as scrambles #fail), lightened up French toast, and waffles!

Pancakes or waffles? I like pancakes, but there is something about waffles that I LOVE. Especially when the waffles are topped with coconut oil and pure maple syrup. ❤️

Sausage or bacon? Bacon, always.

Have a great week Taralynn!!

Reply to Bethany @LuluRuns

Hi Bethany!

Breakfast for dinner is the best!

I’ve definitely had my omelet fail days and the scramble is always a nice recovery! French toast is my fave 🙂

I will have to try coconut oil on my waffles! Such a great idea 🙂

BACON for the WIN!

I hope you have a great week as well!

xo

• Savannah C

So you give Flapjacked the thumbs up?! I’ve seen that mix around, but haven’t gotten around to trying it!

Reply to Savannah C
  • Brooklyn

Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea. It’s what I just had!
    I’m vegetarian and have yet to find a veggie sausage I like, so veggie bacon all the way! I’ve never baked bacon. I cook real bacon for my boyfriend all the time and hate getting splattered by the fat, so maybe I’ll have to convince him to let me try baking it instead!

I am not really a pancake or waffle person, but if I had to choose, I guess waffles? But it just depends on the day!

Reply to Brooklyn

ALWAYS a good idea.

Have you had the morning star maple sausage? My brother cooks with that all the time and I think it tastes a lot like real sausage! Baked bacon is a game changer and it tastes amazing. He will definitely take notice. Just bake a couple slices and have him compare the two!

I am the same. I never order waffles or pancakes (but I do like them) I usually go for whole wheat toast.

Taralynn

Hope you have a great week B!

• Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Yum! I love both but I’d pick pancakes over waffles! I think breakfast foods are my favorite so I guess I’d pick breakfast over dinner. BUT if im going out to eat, I tend to go for dinner!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot

It really depends what mood I’m in, but I love a good pancake!

I’m pretty much the same as you! I like to mix it up and do dinner/breakfast. I’ll do an omelet with broccoli or bacon and grilled chicken!

• Tara @ Run and Live Happy

I love breakfast for dinner. I seriously eat it at least three times a week. I can’t pick between pancakes and waffles, they are both good! Turkey sausage is my favorite. I like it better than turkey bacon. I also love cooking bacon in the oven. It is so much easier and I don’t get burned! 🙂 I’m going to make your hash soon!

Reply to Tara @ Run and Live Happy

Hey Girl!

I eat omelets for dinner all the time. I love it! I don’t really like turkey bacon as much as I love REAL BACON:) Bacon in the oven was a huge game changer for me. It tastes restaurant style.

I hope you love the hash!

xo

• Sharni

Baked bacon?! I need to try this!

1. Pancakes with blueberries are my fav but I’ve also seen people make cookie dough waffles? I might need to buy myself a waffle maker!
    2. Bacon for sure.
    3. I love breakfast, always, because you can have breakfast for dinner, but I’ve never heard of having dinner for breakfast. Unless you count leftover pizza?

X

Reply to Sharni

It’s a GAME CHANGER.

1. OH YUM! I love warm blueberries in anything! I can’t stand chocolate chips in my waffles or pancakes…Its too dry!

2. BACON <3

3. Leftover pizza for breakfast used to be my favorite growing up. I’d wake up early to beat my brother and dad to it.