Texture is Everything?

Happy Friday! ?

Before I log off off & go into weekend mode, I want to share a really cool app with you all. “Really cool” doesn’t do this app justice. IT’S FREAKIN’ AWESOME.

One of the great benefits of being a blogger is learning about new apps and reporting back to you! If companies never reached out to me, I’d have no idea about all of these cool apps or products. Have you guys ever heard of TEXTURE? Or have I been living under a rock? It’s a magazine subscription app that changes everything. I literally sat in bed for three hours last night browsing page after page. I don’t blog about apps often because they usually don’t excite me, but this one sucked me right in.

13659146_1089559981090577_31765991263591512_n

Stand in the magazine aisle at the grocery store, take a look around at all the options and imagine holding all of them in one hand, on one device, for only $9.99 a month…& that’s not even the coolest part!

Texture: All The Best Magazines

Whether you’re spending the weekend lounging around the pool or jumping on a train to escape the city, it’s always nice to have reading material. You can only browse social media for so long before you get tired of food pictures and cute animals (well that is what’s on my feed.) That is where TEXTURE comes in. This magazine subscription app has over 200 of the most popular magazines available for download.

Texture: All The Best Magazines TEXTURE has all of my favorite magazines and it’s cool because I can save them to my library in the app. Not only does it have my favorite’s latest, but it has months worth of them! You can search the app for specific keywords & it will go through magazines to pull out related articles. Try doing that at the grocery store!

I have a lot of my favorites already added to my library, including Food Network Magazine, Allrecipes, Bon Appetit, Clean Eating, Good Housekeeping, Real Simple, Eating Well, Runner’s World, Self, Shape, Southern Living, Wired, Women’s Health, and Yoga Magazine.

I’ve been introduced to some new favorites thanks to the app!

Texture: All The Best Magazines I spend so much money on magazines. It’s ridiculous. I sometimes throw a few into the cart while I’m waiting at the grocery store’s checkout (I’m a sucker for the mag rack.) I probably spend over $20.00 on magazines every month. It would probably be less expensive to visit the doctors office on a monthly basis to read their table material.

Texture: All The Best Magazines  Texture: All The Best Magazines

I can get all of my favorites unlimited with TEXTURE! That gives you access to all the magazines + years of back issues. I was reading pumpkin recipes from the Food Network Magazine this morning while Grumples was playing at the dog park. Want to know something cool? (I’m going to tell you anyways.) It’s like the Netflix of magazines because you can share your account with FIVE devices, so put it on all of your family’s phones. I told my mom about it and now she is using my account on her tablet!

TEXTURE is not only for the ladies. It has tons of popular men magazines. ?

13686710_1087965781249997_2047327116355567119_nI decided to use TEXTURE in a whole different way last night. I headed out for my five mile run and then decided to do some abs at the gym. I caught myself doing the same ab workout over and over again. I tried to log onto Pinterest to pull up some new ideas, but I had zero service. I remembered that I had downloaded some fitness magazines on TEXTURE, so I pulled those up! You can browse your downloaded magazines even when you’re not online. Hello, airplane material!✈️ If you’re trying to reach fitness goals, you can search all the magazines for awesome workouts and healthy eats! ?

Texture: All The Best Magazines TEXTURE is a smart app. It provides personalized article recommendations based on the magazines I love. There is a Categories option that helps you customize your searches. You can bookmark your favorite articles for later use! I bookmarked a couple recipes to pull up while I’m at the grocery store. It’s so much easier than ripping out a page in a magazine (that I will probably forget on the counter) to take to the grocery store.

Texture: All The Best Magazines Magazines are great, but the TEXTURE app is so much more convenient. This app is a little better for the environment?
1. Saves paper ? 2. No mail delivery (you can get your favorite before it even hits stands) ? 3. No lights on to read it at night, in the car, or on an airplane. ? 4. No driving to the grocery store to buy a new magazine. ? 5. Takes up less space. ?

Texture: All The Best Magazines I love how easy the app is to use. It’s not overwhelming and I don’t have ads popping up in my face every five seconds. I can hop on the couch and start reading immediately. I tend to have a short attention span (surprised?). I find myself using the search function more to look up things I’m interested in. It’s nice that I don’t have to read the entire magazine to find interesting articles. I can read whatever magazine I want, whenever I want.

TEXTURE is a great way to relax and enjoy the downtime this summer! ?

If you type “TEXTURE” into your device’s app store, you’ll be able to find it!

*First Seven Days Free!
*Unlimited access to all weekly & monthly magazines.
*Includes all back issues and digital content
*Get articles before they hit newsstands!
*App is available on the most popular tablets & smartphones
*Access on up to five deceives per account
*NO COMMITMENT/CANCEL ANYTIME.
*Premium: $9.99 Month!

Texture: All The Best Magazines Questions for you!

1. What is your favorite magazine?
  2. Have you ever heard of this app?
  3. How do you spend your downtime in the summer?

? Share a photo on Instagram of you relaxing this summer! Tag me (@taralynnmcnitt) & TEXTURE (@texture) Use #summerbytexture ♥ ?

This is a sponsored post brought to you by Texture! All opinions are my own:)

Comments

• Dana

Love texture! I just bought this for my mom and i

Reply to Dana
  • Heather

Just downloaded this! So neat.

Reply to Heather
  • Katie

love texture!

Reply to Katie
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Very cool–Ive never heard of this! It definitely sounds like Netflix for magazines. I really like “Health” and “Self” magazines. Apparently i love one word magazines haha! Also, love this new layout for your blog!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Helena

I saw texture over a year ago and thought it was cool. Thanks for the reminder. It might just be the perfect time for me to subscribe. For your Canadian readers, premium subscription is $14.99/month [$9.99 for basic]. It only popped up once, and I can’t seem to get it to reappear but I did see “20% discount” for 3 months if you type in “Summer20”. Also, you can read the magazines on your PC, Window 8 & 10. Thanks for the post! 🙂

PS – There is something similar for newspapers. “Pressreader” is a free app. It used to be called “PressDisplay” and it was solely for newspapers. Newspapers from around the world!! I was subscribed for one year. Now PressReader also includes magazines. It’s AWESOME!!

*** For what it’s worth, there is still something about holding a magazine, being able to tear out a magazine and forget it on the counter. #JustSaying ***

Reply to Helena
  • Jenn L

I am sooooo excited to try this app, I have never heard of it! I love to read but find myself reaching for more magazines than books lately. This is perfect for an on the go mom… I don’t have a lot of free time but I can definitely use this while waiting at sports practices, on my lunch breaks at work, or my quiet time before bed. My favorite magazines are Time, and any of the food or home décor magazines.

Reply to Jenn L
  • Carly

I love magazines so this sounds like a perfect app for me! My favorites are self, shape, real simple, hgtv, and food.

I had not hear of Texture before, but I will defiantly be trying this app since traveling with a bunch of magazines is heavy and just not practical!

I like to go for long walks with my dog, and relax by the pool during my down time. A mass amount of magazines would be perfect for the pool!

Reply to Carly
  • Ashley B

1. My favorite magazine is Self Magazine. I love it!
    2. No, but I’m so glad that you did a post on it! I’m very anxious to try it. My husband always laughs at me for bringing home bunches of magazines, but I love them. So this would be an awesome way to get all my favorites in one spot, and not have them all over the house. 😉
    3. I love to go to the lodge with my best friend and lay out, and enjoy just relaxing in the pool. They have super yummy food, also!

P.S. Love the new look of the website! Great job!

Reply to Ashley B

I love Self as well!:)

I think you’ll love it and your husband can actually use this too!:D

I love relaxing at the pool!

& thank you so much! still working on it! 😀

• Lee

I love your bedding! Where is the set from?

Reply to Lee
  • Jenny

1. What is your favorite magazine?
    It used to be Self, but my priorities (and my tolerance of unrealistic models) have shifted so either Sunset or Real Simple!

2. Have you ever heard of this app?
    Never, but it seems great! I’m terrible and hold on to old magazines for summer reading material but hardly ever do. A subscription model is a MUCH better way to interact with magazines. Did you say there aren’t/fewer ads? Because that would be incredible.

3. How do you spend your downtime in the summer?
    Usually doing something active/outdoors! The warm weather makes me want to get moving in a way winter doesn’t. I love hikes and swimming and BBQs so those are the top three if I have my say!

Reply to Jenny

Real simple is so addicting. I love how organized everything is 🙂 Motivates me!

I feel like its better for interacting as well and sometimes I buy magazines and don’t even read them!

I love doing that too. Luckily we don’t get too crazy of winters, but I’m definitely out more int he summer! BBQ’s are awesome. I wish we had more!

• Ashley

Hi I love your blog! I’m going on vacation to the Outer Banks next week. Just wondering if you could recommend some good NC craft beers to look for while I’m there? Have a good weekend!

Reply to Ashley
  • Mallori

Sounds like an incredible app, I too spend a lot of money on magazines, and I cannot stand how magazines will resubscribe you to the next year before your year is up, hello Self magazine…

I love the new look of the blog! Yay!!! (Specifically the pink highlight!!!)

1) I love Southern Living magazine, I am currently living in Denver, but from the south. I feel that I am at home in the south when I sit out on my front porch in Colorado and open it up to read! 🙂 It makes being homesick a lot easier to handle.

2)I have never heard of this app, and it is REALLY amazing how it is like Netflix and can be shared, this app is a no brainer!!!

3) I am a reader during my downtime. Nothing makes reading better than sitting outside and enjoying that summer time air with a good book in hand!

Have a great weekend, Taralynn!

Reply to Mallori
  • Jaime

Hey, just wanted to say that your new site design looks great 🙂

Reply to Jaime

I’m not a huge fan of ebooks or even kindle–I like having the hard copy on me so maybe I’ll skip this one out for now!

• Lauren

Wow…this app does look wonderful for getting reading material on long trips!!! It’d be a lot easier than bringing all the magazines themselves although, I have to admit, I tend to be a fan of print copies rather than electronic ones…but this would be handy.
    Hmm…favorite magazine is hard. Probably Runner’s World or Mother Earth Living.
    Nope, I’ve never heard of this app before!
    In my summer downtime, I like to read books, draw, play with my critters, walk my dog, go for hikes, and write letters. It’s so nice to be out of school so now I can read books I want to read rather than school books!

Reply to Lauren
  • savannah

So happy to see Real Simple added to your library!! I work for them in NYC 🙂
    And I had never heard of this app! I’m definitely going to check it out- sounds amazing for plane rides!

Reply to savannah
  • Katie

Just downloaded and I’m obsessed!

Reply to Katie
  • Vanessa

Sounds like a great app, but I assume its only availabe in the US.

What is your favorite magazine?
    I like reading shape and womens health or fashion mags such as glamour or jolie. Not sure whether they are known outside Germany 🙂

How do you spend your downtime in the summer?
    I love solving jigsaw puzzles and in summer I often puzzle in the garden while watching our bunnies jump around.

Reply to Vanessa
    • Jess Bird

I’m from the UK so won’t be able to get this app either, but have just discovered the Readly app which is available around the world and has the exact same concept! 🙂

Reply to Jess Bird

I’m not sure! I’ll have to check out their faq page for you!

Those are some of my favorites as well! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Jolie!

Puzzles are always fun:)

• Kyla Woelfle

Ahh TEXTURE sounds awesome! I LOVE magazines, but it can be expensive buying them individually at the stores. I have a lot of magazines that I enjoy, so having them unlimited for a small monthly subscription sounds perfect!
    – I really enjoy women’s health magazines, and home decor magazines.
    – Never heard of TEXTURE till now, and I’m so excited!
    – I love spending my downtime being outside, reading and relaxing 🙂

Reply to Kyla Woelfle

It most certainly can! It’s such a great deal, especially if you are a magazine reader!

Those are all of my faves.

🙂 Glad I could introduce you!

Me too:)