Avocado Bacon Chicken Sandwiches

Avocado Bacon Chicken Sandwiches with Lemon Garlic Cream Cheese on Toasted Ciabatta Bread.

I made of of my favorite meals on Monday night. I’ve been doing variations of this chicken sandwich for years and it gets better every time. They are also great for leftovers and lunches. They can be baked again and sometimes taste even better the next day! These sandwiches are great for when you’re having guest over or for party sandwiches.

This sandwich goes great with a tossed Caesar salad and roasted red potatoes.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Cream Cheese Spread:                       Sandwich Toppings:
*4 Oz Plain Cream Cheese                         *Bacon
*1 1/2 Tsp Dill Weed                                   *Avocado
*2 Tsps Fresh Lemon Juice                       *Green Bell Pepper
*1 Tsp Garlic Powder                                   *Red Onion
*Ciabatta Bread

Baked Chicken:                    Roasted Red Potatoes:       Bacon Caesar Salad:
*3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast      *Red Potatoes              *Romaine Lettuce
*Italian Seasoning                                        *Olive Oil                      * Parmesan Crisps
*Garlic Powder                                              *Black Pepper              *Fresh Parmesan Cheese
*Onion Powder                                              *Sea Salt                        *Bacon
*Sea Salt                                                          *Italian Seasoning       *Avocado
*Black Pepper                                                 *Honey                           *Red Onion
*1 Tsp Lemon Juice                                       *Garlic Powder             *Caesar Dressing
*Minced Onion

Start the potatoes first because they take the longest to cook. Slice the potatoes and toss them in a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Season them and lightly drizzle honey over the top. Place them in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 395 degrees.

Add bacon to a baking dish and place them in the oven to crisp up with the potatoes.

Next, mix together the cream cheese spread. Do a little taste test to determine if it needs more dill, garlic or lemon. After you get the perfect flavor, chill the spread in the fridge.

IMG_3155

Once the potatoes and the bacon are halfway cooked, prepare and bake the chicken. Slice up the chicken into thinner pieces and season. Add the chicken to the oven for about fifteen minutes.

While the chicken is cooking, slice up the avocado, bell pepper and onions.

Slice up the ciabatta bread and bake for about four minutes to crisp up the edges.

On one side of the ciabatta bread, add the cream cheese spread. Top with chicken, bacon, onion, bell pepper and avocado.

Toss the salad together and enjoy!

What are you having for dinner tonight?
How do you like your bacon? Microwaved, fried or baked?

Comments

• Kels

These look divine! Do you happen go know the calorie count and serving size?

Reply to Kels
  • Melissa

This might sound creepy but I still remember the first time you posted a variation of this recipe, haha. That cream cheese spread sounds amazing and I’m pretty much sold on anything that involves avocado!

Xo,
    Melissa

Reply to Melissa
  • Caitlyn @SoDamnGood

Omg this looks too good, appropriate to make them for dessert since I just ate din?

Reply to Caitlyn @SoDamnGood
  • Rachel

This looks incredible! I am going to have to make this! I love a good chicken sandwich. I love my bacon fried. I really want to try baked! Thank you for the great post!

Reply to Rachel
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Yum–i like bacon fried best but I dont get to eat it much–too addicting! haha. This looks great though! i love this combo especially in the summer.

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Hannah

These sandwiches look amazing, I will definitely be trying them at some point!
    I think for dinner I will be having leftover BBQ pulled chicken from our sunday dinner yesterday, yum! and I don’t eat red meat, but I prefer the smell of bacon being grilled 😉

Reply to Hannah
  • Carly

I LOVE the sandwich recipe! I can wait to make it and eat it for lunch all week! I’m sure I will end up making the potatoes and salad too since your recipes always turn out great and become household favorites!

Dinner tonight is zucchini noodles with pesto and sausage! I just got a spiralizer and am obsessed!

Bacon of any kind (as long as its crispy) is good in my book! I’ve never thought to bake bacon, but it sounds like it might be easier than pan frying it and trying to avoid grease splatters!

Reply to Carly

Thank you so much Carly and the potatoes are definitely my favorite. That salad was pretty bomb as well! I’m newly obsessed with parmesan crisps.

That sounds like a delicious dinner!

Baking bacon makes it SUPER SUPER CRISP!!

xo

• Jacqui

or crispy* – one of the two! haha!

Reply to Jacqui
  • Jacqui

I don’t care how the bacon gets cooked as long as it’s cripsy 😛

Reply to Jacqui
  • Katie

This looks delicious and I already have most of these ingredients!! Last night I had a big bowl of homemade sweet potato soup because I totally indulged on popcorn and nachos at the movies haha. Thanks for all the great posts Taralynn!

Reply to Katie
  • Brooklyn

I’m a recent vegetarian, but if I wasn’t I would so make these! I used to make sandwiches similar, and they were delicious.
    Also, how could you go wrong with roasted red potatoes and Caesar salad?!

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Jacqueline Miller

Hey Taralynn! That spread sounds amazing! I’m vegetarian so I will be trying it with a meat substitute but it sounds like a really versital recipe. I don’t eat bacon but I used to cook it when I worked in a restaurant and love the smell when it grilled but have never eaten it. Ha. Anyways, thank you for the easy recipe idea!

Jacqueline

Reply to Jacqueline Miller
  • Whtiney

These look so good! Avocado for the win! <3 Ugh, but I'd have to have someone else cook them for me haha. I hate cooking meat.

For dinner I'm probably going to have some veggie burgers and grilled zucchini

And I'm not really a fan of bacon, but when I do have the taste for it I like it baked. 🙂 Hope your'e having a great weekend.

Reply to Whtiney
  • Anna @ Anna Can Do It!

Great recipe! I love the ciabatta, the chicken and the avocado, so it’s my kind of sandwich!
    My dinner probably will be a little garden salad with a little cheese, bacon and poached egg; and I love my bacon fried crispy! 🙂 – Love, Anna

Reply to Anna @ Anna Can Do It!
  • Kate

This is probably the best recipe you’ve ever posted. I love ciabatta bread for sandwiches. I might add a bit of pesto sauce too 🙂

Reply to Kate