Preserve Your Memories: Legacy Box

IMG_1098

We went all over the place as kids. My dad was in the Navy and that meant moving a lot. My mom kept everything documented with her video camera. It’s fun to go through them together; they make you sad becuase you realize how fast time flies by. She captured embarrassing moments, hilarious moments, sad moments, and compete random ones. The only hassle about watching all of the films is that we had to use a VHS player (who has one of those anymore?) and it takes forever to rewind. We’ve been wanting to get them all put on CDs, but we never got around to it. After learning about Legacybox, I was so excited to get all my memories preserved and organized.

IMG_1109

I decided to stick to getting just our home videos put on CD instead of photos. I usually do that with my scanner, but Legacybox can preserve your photographs on a disk too. There are several Kits you can choose from. There is the Starter, Family, Collection and Closet. It all depends on how much you want preserved.

This was a great idea for my mom because she talks about “organizing her photos and videos” almost every time I’m over there. The Legacybox pretty much does everything for you.

IMG_0500

My Dad and I dusted off the old VHS player in the garage and starting going through old videos to preserve. My favorite was when my brother and I did a fashion show in my dress up clothes. Now that it’s on a disk, I can email it to him!

IMG_0503

It’s very simple.

The Legacybox provided barcodes to put on each item you want preserved. If you decide that you want more added to the box, but purchased a smaller kit, no worries! They include extra barcodes just incase. Once I got started, I wanted to add more and more to the box.  You can add any format to the box that you want.

Shipping it back is so easy. They provide all the shipping labels and packing material. All you have to do is drop it off at the post office. My mailman actually took it in for me.

IMG_0335

The guide was very easy to follow and they offer a personal concierge just incase you need help with anything!

IMG_1101

It only takes about two weeks to receive all of your items back. Don’t worry, they give you your tapes and photos back. I was surprised to see every single C.D. labeled. I didn’t even give them great details to work with and they did such a great job keeping it all together.

IMG_0501

I loved that we could watch all of our home videos straight from the computer and now we can upload them to YouTube! The video below is what I meant by “embarrassing moments.”

This was honestly one of the best companies I have ever worked with and I can’t believe how smooth and organized everything went. I’m so excited to get the rest of my tapes preserved.

First 25 people to use the code: SIMPLY at checkout will receive 40% off their Legacybox!

Now, Questions for you!

1. How do you keep your memories organized?
  2. What is your favorite childhood memory that you have recorded?
This is a sponsored post with Legacybox and all opinions are my own.

Comments

• Kelsie Bacon

I ordered a family set as soon as I read your post! Am so excited to get mine back!

Reply to Kelsie Bacon
  • Rachel

Wow this is so neat! What a great company! Loved seeing old footage of you! You were so cute! Great post!

Reply to Rachel

I have loads of pictures and videos, k could definitely use this to organic them all and finally clear up my computer memory files too!

• Caitlyn

Omg, that video is adorable, it reminds me of when me and my cousins would get together and have a “Hanson Brothers” karaoke session with screwdrivers as microphones and we would sing the song “mmmbop”. But, probably one of my favorite memories is a picture of me and my sister when we were little and we were putting those like 90’s plastic little barrettes in my dads hair and he had like a head full of them. ^_^

Reply to Caitlyn

Hhahaha we were more of the hairbrush microphone users 😉 mmmmbop was my jam! & all the other pop groups. Gotta love the 90’s childhood!! I’m glad I didn’t grow up with the IPHONE era.

• Brooklyn

Awe that video at the end was so sweet. I love the personal touch.
    I can definitely relate to being a huge Mary-Kate & Ashley fan when I was younger, they were the best!

Reply to Brooklyn

Lol that video is cring-worthy but i had to do it 🙂 lol I actually met the twins at a hotel in Hawaii while they were filming and I thought my life was complete lol

• Colleen Holbrook

Hi Taralynn I just love looking at your website. I truly enjoy seeing your pictures of all the cool places you visit and the recipes that you create. I am also fascinated by your awesome decor that you always show us and letting us know your shopping destinations!! I stumbled upon the Legacy Box the other night while I was looking at Pinterest. I have so many videos that I have taken that I can’t wait to use them after seeing your post today! I love your doggie Mr Grumples–is he a goldendoodle? Keep up the awesome site. I look forward to reading it each time I can get a chance!
    Have a great night,
    Colleen

Reply to Colleen Holbrook

Hi Colleen!

Thank you so much for the kind words about my blog 🙂 The Legacy box is amazing for uploading those videos! I think you’ll love it. & YES, Grumples is a Goldendoodle! He’s so precious.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

xo xo xo

Taralynn

• Kyla

That is a great idea and such a good way to preserve those memories! I mostly stick to pictures and have them labeled and saved in my cloud. I go through them often and love re-living those memories. I wish I had heard about Legacy Box before, my parents just recently did it all themselves. They converted the old VHS tapes to DVD’s! If I had known earlier about Legacy Box, that would have been a fantastic gift for them! 🙂

Reply to Kyla
  • Shannon G

How fun I need to do this before I misplace all my girls pictures 🙂 LOVE the video, thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Reply to Shannon G
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

omg i love this! my family has so many VHS tapes that we cant watch anymore! what a great idea!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Carolyn

OMG this is such a great idea!! My grandfather will be 90 this year and this would be such a meaningful present to him, not to mention an awesome video to show at his party! Thank you for passing this on!!!

Reply to Carolyn

Seriously! I actually thought of you when I was doing this. You have everything so put together 🙂 Happy early birthday to your grandpa 😀

• Abby

You are adorable!! That video made my day. This is awesome! I’ve been meaning to do this for my parents forever! Thanks for sharing!

XOXO,
    Abby

Reply to Abby
  • Celeste

That looks so cool <3 :3 I have one of my room walls fulled with pictures of my family and friends, as well as a binder with tons of letters, draws and random photos that have emotional value, and I also have near my bed my "treasure box" where I keep small gifts people have given to me and are meaningful. Also, my favorite memory would be when My family and I were on vacation and my dad presented to me bunnies for the first time <3 I still remember how soft it was! :3 Wish a great week Taralyn :3

Reply to Celeste
  • Kelly

I need to do this for my grandma. Do you think I can send them as gifts?

Reply to Kelly
  • Taylor

This is so awesome to have someone do this for you! My brother in law just did this for his mom for Christmas and she absolutely loved it. I know he put a lot of time and energy into doing it and this would have been so much easier.

This is way off topic but I watched the bachelor last night and thought of you when they announced Jojo as the new bachelorette! I was scared he was about to call Caila out and then they switched it around to Jojo! I’m sure you were super happy!

I saw on your instagram that you weren’t having a good day, I hope you are feeling better..

Reply to Taylor
  • Jitka

Lol, you were so funny and sweet as a child! 😀 Voting for more videos like this! 😉 😀

Reply to Jitka