Banana Papaya Kale Smoothie

IMG_7800

Not many things beat a cold fresh smoothie on a sunny day. I took Grumples for a nice walk this morning because I couldn’t stand to stay inside for one more minute. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was sunny, 70 degrees with a light breeze, the sky was blue with big bold Toy Story clouds, and the grass is bright green. I call that “hydrated” grass. You must take advantage of these days before it gets too hot. After the walk, I came in to make a delicious green smoothie to go with my bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. After a weekend of dining out, healthy food is much needed!

IMG_7790 IMG_7802

Ingredients: 1/2 cup diced papaya, 1 1/2 cups kale, 1/2 cup ice, 1 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk, 1/2 banana, 2 packets stevia, honey, and chia seeds.

IMG_7792

Blend all the ingredients on high except the chia seeds and honey. Dip the edges of your glass in honey and coat it with chia seeds. Pour the smoothie into the glass and enjoy!

IMG_7799

The smoothie was creamy and had a great consistency. You can’t taste the kale because the fruit takes over the flavors! This would be a great way to get a non-kale lover to eat kale!

Comments

• Amara

looks so yummy! i haven’t tried kale in a smoothie yet, i’m into spinach but i wanna try the kale! our weather in minnesota is just going insane. one day it’s beautiful and 70 and the next it’s snowing and gloomy!

Reply to Amara
  • Rachel

Wow this looks so good! And fresh! I really love how you added the chia seeds to the rim of the glass! Looks so fancy! Great post as always! loved it!

Reply to Rachel
  • shanna

we had such wonderful weather here in February and now march is trying to make up for it. winter is trying to get the last word in. heh. at least the sun has returned though.
    it’s funny you call them toy story clouds. I often refer to clouds as The Simpsons clouds. now I have to watch toy story to visualize that reference. such a tough task!
    gonna have to try a kale smoothie. still haven’t attempted that one.

Reply to shanna
  • Camie

delish!

Reply to Camie
  • Catie

This is my first time ever commenting but I felt I finally had to. You’ve mentioned “Toy Story clouds” in a few posts I’ve read before, which makes me laugh….I always say I’m going to have a great day when the Toy Story clouds are out 🙂 Everyone always thinks I’m a goof for saying so, but I’m glad someone else understands haha

Love the blog, girly! I read it religiously. Keep being awesome!

Reply to Catie

Thanks Catie!

Every time I see those big juicy overtly white clouds that look animated, I call them Toy Story clouds:) Funny how some people think alike when it comes to the silliest, most random things!

• Siobhan

This look so yummy! I have been trying to drink more smoothies as a way to get goodness it easier! Thanks! 🙂 xx

Reply to Siobhan
  • Cassie

Yummy! Never tried papaya actually! Is it tasty?

Reply to Cassie
  • adrienne.

this look so good! I love anything with papaya. Have you tried it with spinach, or any other green?

Reply to adrienne.
  • Sarah

This looks so good! Great idea to put the chia seeds on the rim.

Flip Flops and Furs

Reply to Sarah
  • Jaquelyn

This looks awesome! How did you get the honey on the rim without making a giant sticky mess? Do you rub it directly onto the glass’s rim?

Reply to Jaquelyn
  • Kristin C

Yum! I haven’t had papaya in years! Sounds perfect right now!
    I spent the day out in the sun today too. It was around 63 in the mountains, but it was perfect in the middle of the day 🙂

Reply to Kristin C
  • Lauren

Where do you get chia seeds that look like that? I’ve only ever gotten black ones before.

Reply to Lauren

Green goddess smoothie! I love how thick it looks. Beats the macdonalds shamrock shake any day.

• Emily Weir

I’m jealous of your 70 degrees with a light breeze weather. It was already 80 degrees when I was heading to the gym at 6am here in Tampa. But the smoothie sounds delicious! I’ll have to give it a try with some spinach…never been a big fan of kale.

Reply to Emily Weir
  • Natasha

Love the chia seed on the rim idea!! Maybe these will replace a margarita’s salt one day. Kidding! :p

Reply to Natasha

Hahaha!

• Genevieve

This has got to be the BEST smoothie ever .. I’ve been having it every single day .. I use frozen banana and that just tastes like God damn ice cream .. Thanks Taralynn.. Sending you love all the way from india

Reply to Genevieve