TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

Happy Monday, Everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend full of adventure and great weather. We got lucky here in the Carolinas and it’s only going to get better. I’m so excited to share a new fitness gadget I had the chance to play around with all weekend. I know most of my readers are all about health and fitness, so I think you’ll love this  post. Anything that can improve my performance is worth a shot. The awesome people over at TomTom sent me a new multi sport spark cardio + music GPS watch to test out and share my thoughts with you guys. It’s like having a Polar watch, Fitbit, and Garmin combined in one.

This watch will have your running to a new beat!

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

I’ve been running on and off (in between injuries) for about three years. As soon as I reach mile two, I start fighting a huge pain in my shoulder. Runners usually fight pain in their shins, knees, or ankles. I couldn’t understand why I was fighting a tight pain in my neck and shoulders. I thought it was my form, maybe I’m doing it wrong. I decided to talk with a running specialist and he studied the way I ran on a treadmill. He fixed a couple posture issues, but said my form looked pretty good. He asked me where I put my cell phone while running and I told him that I keep it in my hand. Problem solved! I was clenching my phone while running, which causes tension and tight pain in my neck and shoulders. I have a giant iPhone 6plus with a huge otter box case, so that does kind of make sense.

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

I need my phone when I run becuase I can’t run without music. I don’t like to hear myself breath or I make myself think I’m tired and I don’t like to hear my own footsteps. I’m a total weirdo! I also like that my phone will track my milage, so Ive been keeping it in my bra. I deal with the giant phone bouncing around just becuase I can’t find a arm holder big enough for my phone.

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

The TomTom watch I tested out this weekend kind of solved all my problems. It has built in GPS that connects to an app to keep track of your route, heart rate, milages, time, and so on. The GPS is also incredibly accurate and connects so fast. It comes with bluetooth headphones so I can listen to my playlist straight from my computer. You just have to sync them to the watch.

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

The first run without my phone was great. There was no shoulder pain at all. My friend took her phone with her and she snapped this photo for me after our run. My milage tends to slow down when I’m in my head fighting shoulder pain.

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

So what all does the watch come with?

GPS TRACKING
MULTISPORT MODE
24/7 ACTIVITY TRACKING
BUILT-IN HEART RATE MONITOR
OVER 500 SONGS OF MUSIC STORAGE

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

The watch isn’t just for running. I used it on my hike with my friend and it kept track of the elevation and calories. The watch is also very comfortable. It stay on my wrist and doesn’t slide all over the place. It comes in all sorts of colors, but I like the simple black color because it blends in with all my daily outfits. It motivates me to take mores steps and to get more active. I love using it for dog walking.

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

Want to know the coolest part? It tracks your sleep to see if you’re getting enough. Sleep is all apart of a healthy lifestyle. It’s also waterproof, which means you can use it to track your stats while swimming. This will be great for lap swimming in the summer. Now,  I need to get their action camera to go along with the watch to feel complete.

TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC GPS WATCH

The watch is very durable and tough. I highly recommend looking into this watch if you’re looking for a great fitness gadget to add to the family. I have an entire drawer full of my running gadgets. This one is definitely going to the top!

Read more about the TOMTOM MULTI SPORT SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC WATCH HERE!

Three Questions For You?

1. What is your favorite fitness gadget?
  2. What fitness activity would you use this watch for?
  3. What did you do to stay active this weekend?
This was a sponsored post provided by tomtom but ALL opinions are my own.

Comments

• Nia

Thanks for all the tips! just ordered mine today!

Reply to Nia
  • Gaby

I put my huge iphone in Otterbox in my FlipBelt. It doesn’t budge.

Reply to Gaby
  • Hanna

I love my TomTom! I need one like yours now.

Reply to Hanna
  • Jess

Where did you get that sweater?

Reply to Jess
  • Brit

Love my TOMTOM!

Reply to Brit
  • Nichole G

Hi Taralynn!!! Love your blog! You definitely need a flipbelt. It’s my favorite running accessory. I keep my iPhone, has a clip to attach your key too, during races I keep a goo gel pack in there and when I’m walking with Louie (my Yorkie poo) I keep a plastic doggie poop bag in there. So comfortable!!!! I also use the Polar FT4 watch but would consider something like this. Just looks so bully for slim wrists.

Xoxo,
    Nichole

Reply to Nichole G

Thanks Nichole! I think I do too!

You have me sold 🙂 I’m going out to get one today. Maybe they sell them at Dicks! or somewhere around here.

• Sara

Just bought this and I’m in love!

Reply to Sara
  • Brittany Joy

I’m so glad to read your review on this! My Nike+ watch is just not all I thought it would be, and I have been considering getting a FitBit, but this sounds like an even better option. Can’t wait to try it out!
    1- I run with my 1″ X 1″ iPod shuffle because it clips on to my shirt and I absolutely hate running while holding things but also can’t run without music! I am the same way in that hearing my breathing makes me feel more tired.
    2- I would use it for running, but I also want to start hiking this summer so that would be great too!
    3- I moved millions of boxes! (Moving is hard work!) and went on a walk/run with my fiancé and his dog

Reply to Brittany Joy

Wow, this beat my Fitbit anyday. I should invest in this sometime. It doesn’t come with an accurate HRM does it?

• Rachel

Thank you so much for this post! I have wanted to hear about your fitness gadgets for a while now! This one seams so cool! I currently have a fitbit. I have the Flex and I have had it for two years. I am looking at getting a new one here soon. I first got mine when I started working in a large library. This library was 4 stories and I found myself walking all over at work. I was just curious on how many steps I was taking. I began to love tracking my steps and sleep. I also loved tracking my workout! This past weekend I went to the gym with my friend!

Reply to Rachel
  • Mia

Oh lord!! I just read my previous comment/message towards you and I have so many errors!! Sorry about that I’m not crazy lol

Reply to Mia
  • Kindell

those look awesome!

Reply to Kindell
  • Tiffany J

1)My favorite fitness gadget is my fanny pack. I too have a iphone 6 plus and it holds my phone perfect when I run. Its nike brand. ITs soo great when running, weight liftin because you don’t have to hold it.

2)I would definitely use it when im running or weight training for sure.

3)This weekend I country dance the night away at the stockyards in fort worth. So much fun.

Reply to Tiffany J
  • Katie

I am glad you mentioned holding your phone can cause shoulder pain while running. I used to have horrible shoulder pain after running for a long period of time and I alway held my phone. It is hard because I just couldn’t find an arm strap that wasn’t too big for my arm, so I appreciate you letting us know about the GPS watch.

Reply to Katie
  • Taylor

Hi Taralynn 🙂 I am just like you and hold my phone when I go on walks and any kind of activity. I love taking pictures so I think that it the only thing I would miss with not having my phone.. what if you miss a perfect photo op?! Although sometimes I bet it’s nice to just enjoy your surroundings and be disconnected from the world. The weather is SO warm in PA these past few days so I’ve loved being able to be outside! It seems like everyone I know has a fit bit, but I love that this one is waterproof! I’ll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Reply to Taylor
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

We’re having some warm weather in PA this week too! hooray!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing this–I’ve never heard of this and its really awesome that its waterproof and also tracks your sleep!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Leslie

Hey Taralynn! That watch does seem pretty cool, but it looks huge! I have a fitbit HR charge and I love it! I do almost everything you described, but swimming because it’s not waterproof. So obviously if I had this, I would use it for swimming! I love swimming and not being able to track my laps this summer has a workout makes me so sad! So yeah, that’s definitly a huge plus! This weekend, I actually shopped all day Saturday and got in 1/3 more steps than I normally do (10,000). So I guess the old saying is right! I really can shop till I drop! Hope you have a good week!

Reply to Leslie

HI Leslie!

It’s not as big as it looks 🙂 (thats what she said)…sorry had to lol I think the swimming factor is the coolest. Shopping is a GREAT way to get those steps in. Mall walking on a rainy day 🙂

Hope you also have a great week!!!
      xo xo

• Megan

1. I use the Jawbone Up24 that my dad gave me. I love it!

2. I’d probably use it much as I do now, but I think that it would be more accurate when running at elevations.

3. Nothing strenuous, mostly walking. I want to go hiking or just walking/running outdoors, but there aren’t very many trails around here. I live south of Houston, TX.

Reply to Megan

That was nice of him 🙂

The running elevations are what I love looking at on the charts!

Walking is my favorite weekend activity. My friend and I got 7 miles in on Saturday.

• Kaiko

1. I have an Apple watch that I absolutely love. It’s incredibly accurate and very motivating. The only downside is that it doesn’t track you sleep, but I had a fit band that did and I never did anything with the information. It also isn’t completely water proof. I do however like that I charge it nightly because it prevents me from having it become out of sight out of mind. Having to put it on in the morning reminds me that it’s there.
    2. I would see how well it worked with swimming.
    3. Weekends are my gym days, and my Apple watch helps me keep on track.

Reply to Kaiko
  • vanessa

Hi Taralynn. This is totally unrelated to your blog but I’ve been reading your posts for quite some time now and I think your shop is really cute and it seems to be doing really well. Just out of curiosity, how do you make your clothes? Does another company make them? Do you buy fabric to make them? I’ve been thinking about stating an online boutique but im not sure where to start lol. Any tips & advice would be great. Thanks!

Reply to vanessa
  • Kate

I love my FitBit but recently I have been wanting to get into swimming. I’ve been looking into other fitness trackers and this one was on my list. I’m glad you liked it. I’m looking for something to count my steps during the day and while I run but that also has the capabilities to do other things – like swimming. I mainly just walked this weekend. I’m trying to be healthier so my goal on the weekends is to just get 10,000 steps in a day. I thought I saw last week that you are doing a post about running for beginners? I would love to read that! Thanks for another awesome post and for being awesome, inspiring, etc. everyday!

Reply to Kate

That is why I love the TomTom because i can wear it swimming this summer. I am still working on that post! I’ve been kind of everywhere lately, and I should be sitting down to focus!

• Imogen

I use a Jawbone fitness tracker which tracks activity, sleep and steps. It recommends 10,000 steps a day but with an office job that can be difficult to reach unless I go for an evening run! Your leggings in the last 2 pics are amazing where are they from?! x

Reply to Imogen
  • Stacie

Can you use it with music streaming services like Spotify?

Reply to Stacie

You know…I’m not sure! I don’t think so, I think you have to have a playlist from like iTunes or your own files. BUT, I could be wrong.

• Ashley

I love new fitness gadgets! Definitely help me refocus on fitness. The hiking looks gorgeous! Wish we had more places to hike in Dallas- not many hills =).

Reply to Ashley
  • Rachael

Do you know if this watch (or of any fitness watches) that work with Spotify?

Reply to Rachael

I’m not sure! I don’t think so. I think you have to have to own the files from ITUNES or your own files. I’ll look into it though!

• Rachael

That would be great! I thought I read something that you can sync your offline Spotify tracks with this watch but it was vague. If you see anything in the pamphlets from the watch about this, please share!

Reply to Rachael
  • Tara

This watch looks awesome!! It’s just what I need! I really like the Bluetooth headphones. I hate having to carry my earphones!

Reply to Tara
  • jessica

1. I have never tried a fitness gadget before! I’ve been waiting for one that will fit all my needs, and this one sure sounds like it will! Is it comfortable to wear?
    2. I would use this for running, walking the dog, and riding my horses! It’s always hard to measure how hard I am working while riding the horses, and I think this would be great to keep track!
    3. I walked my dog and rode the horses this weekend. I’m trying to work back up to running!

Reply to jessica
  • Lindsey

You should look into getting a flip belt. They’re lightweight and you can throw your phone in there when you run (and your keys or anything else you need). Plus, it’s way more stylish than those running fanny packs like a spibelt. Plus it fits under (or over) your clothes. That’s what my husband and I use and they work great.

Reply to Lindsey

I think thats what I’m going to do this morning! You have me sold!!!!

• Megan

Lindsey, I use wired headphones when I run but I love the idea of the flip belts. Can you use wired headphones and put a phone in a flip belt at the same time? Also, can it fit a key or two without ruining the belt?

Reply to Megan
  • Emily

Hi Taralynn! I always look forward to your posts and this one just made my Monday so much better!

My favorite fitness gadget right now is my Fitbit, but I’ve had to replace it three times in less than a year, so I’ve been looking around for a different brand to try. I have the same phone issue too, so this TomTom one looks like such a great choice! One of my pet peeves I have with my Fitbit is its battery life, so what’s the battery life like for the TomTom? If it’s good, I might just have to invest 🙂

Reply to Emily

Thanks Emily:)

Three time?! That is crazy. The battery life for the TomTom was great. I had it on for two days straight. You can also charge it in your car while driving.

xo

• Megan

I use the Up24. It’s only about $20-30 on Amazon and I love it! The battery lasts about 2 weeks.

Reply to Megan
  • Rachel

My favorite fitness gadget has to be I think my Nike running app…I have a huge iPhone 6 Plus as well…so er I have BAD shoulder pain in my left arm from probably where I carry it! I really want to get the garmin forunner 220 though!

I would probably use this watch for running and hiking

This last weekend I did a Zumba class, lift weights, and also went for a 3 mile run. I did another 3 miles today!

Reply to Rachel

Yup crazy how that works! Try putting the phone somewhere else. The Garmin is awesome, just wish the GPS would be faster. Im impatient.

You had one active weekend!!

• Dorka

I also have a TomTom watch, though the simple ‘Runner’ one without the heartbeat monitor but I absolutely love it! The best part is their site where you can check your stats after your run, I love seeing where I was the fastest and so on 🙂 Not to mention it’s waterproof so I don’t have to worry about a little rain. Getting the TomTom was my best decision fitness-wise ever, it’s so motivating!

Reply to Dorka

They’re great!

The app is so fun to look at! I pay like $60 a year for my phone’s app, so this watch is great! Also LOVE the waterproof feature.

• Lena

If you ever really, really need to take your phone with you, a rubbing belt is handy. There are even some that accommodate the iPhone 6 plus.

Reply to Lena

I think I’m going to look into that!!! Thats an awesome idea. I saw someone running with one yesterday on they trail and they looked comfortable.

• Colleen

I have a TomTom watch too! Not quite as advanced as this one, but it’s my favorite running watch that I’ve ever had. I’ve used Garmin and it just takes too long to load the GPS. TomTom is so fast and easy! If I ever need a new one I’ll look into this — love the bluetooth music part!

Reply to Colleen

It is pretty awesome! I agree about the Garmin loading GPS…it takes forever. This one is like instantly. The music is awesome!! The headphones stayed on awesome too and it wasn’t bouncing around.

• Carly

Looks like you had gorgeous weather this weekend! We’re still fighting of the (hopefully) last of the winter snow storms where I am! … maybe its a sign I should move south? ha!

My favorite fitness gadget is my fitbit charge! My mom, sister and best friend have them too so we can compete on steps… great motivation to move!

This watch sounds great because its waterproof! Fitbit doesn’t have any waterproof products which I think is sad because I’ve always been a swimmer… so I would definitely use it for swimming stats!

This weekend I stayed active with multiple walks with my dog, and a gym sesh on Saturday morning!

Happy Monday!

Reply to Carly

Carly,

The south always welcomes newcomers! Hope you get some warmth soon.

That is such a fun motivation to get moving. I’m a competitive person, so I’d be all over the place.

I think the waterproof feature is awesome.

That sounds like a fun & active weekend!

stay warm!