Fudgy Peanut Butter Buckeyes

IMG_9547
 The only buckeyes I don’t like are the ones that play against the Iowa Hawkeyes! But, when it’s peanut butter dipped in chocolate to resemble the nut that grows on trees, I’m down! Buckeyes are a favorite in our family and I love to make mine with a fudgy peanut butter filling. I also love that there is no baking involved. These little dessert poppers are great for pretty much any party!
 IMG_9429
IMG_9433
Make sure the filling is lump free. Slowly add in the powdered sugar on low speed.
IMG_9434
 IMG_9437
Refrigerate filling for 30 minutes.
 IMG_9440
IMG_9460
 IMG_9461
IMG_9554

INGREDIENTS

•  1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
  • 2 1/2 – 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • Chocolate Bark for Melting

DIRECTIONS

1. Use an electric mixer to combine butter, marshmallow creme, vanilla, peanut butter, salt and honey.
  2. Make sure the filling is lump free.
  3. Slowly add in the powdered sugar on low speed.
  4. The fudgy filling should resemble cookie dough. If it’s not thick enough, mix in more powdered sugar. Refrigerate filling for 30 minutes.
  5. Once the filling is chilled, roll into tablespoon sized balls. Add toothpicks and chill while the chocolate is melting.
  6. Warm up chocolate in a chocolate melter or over the stove. I used the Food Lion chocolate bark.
  7. Dip and swirl the buckeyes into the chocolate. Leave a little peekaboo hole at the top to make the dessert resemble a buckeye. *You could add team colored sprinkles on top when they are wet if you want to get fancy.
  8. Enjoy!

Have you ever had a buckeye?

Check out more of my Food Lion Recipes by clicking the logo above!

Comments

• Mirna M.

What I hate the most about your recipes are actually ingredients that can’t be bought in Bosnia, where I actually live. That makes me really sad, especially when recipes are so easy to make, such as this one.
    … and this sound super delicious, I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter combination. I gain weight because of Reese’s cups. I ate tone of them while I was in States.
    I have lots recipes that are my “go to” when my friends coming over for a cup of coffee, this looks one of them, easy and fast to make. Because, drinking coffee in Bosnia is really important, we do not have coffee “to-go” hahahahha not literally, but that isn’t out thing. Having something sweet is MUST while sipping black and strong coffee…

So … is there any substitute for marshmallow creme?? what do you suggest? 🙂

Reply to Mirna M.
  • Jen

These look incredible 😍😍😍 We’ve been all about getting healthier in 2016 but I may have to give these a try for Valentine’s Day perhaps….

Reply to Jen
  • Kristin

Love buckeyes, from another Ohio girl! My aunt brought these to a Christmas party this year, I didn’t have any but brought one home…and my husband ate it, I was so sad haha 😭

Reply to Kristin
  • Sarah

I must make these for Super Bowl!

Reply to Sarah
  • Julie

If you have leftovers, do they need to be kept in the refrigerator or can they sit out?

Reply to Julie
  • Amanda

Being a Ohioan, Buckeyes are a must at all my family functions! 😉
    You just can’t beat the creamy peanut butter and decadent chocolate mixture!

Reply to Amanda
  • Jennifer

Bahaha “if you want to get fancy” haha I love it!

Reply to Jennifer
  • Amanda

Oooh, I never thought to add marshmallow fluff- yum!

Reply to Amanda
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Yum! These would be delicious around easter time too instead of those peanut butter eggs that probably have all sorts of added junk in them!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Emily Weir

Buckeyes are a favorite of ours since my husband is from Ohio. It’s interesting to see everyone’s family versions too. We use powdered sugar instead of marshmallow fluff.

Reply to Emily Weir

I add the marshmallow fluff to give it a fudgy texture. Using just powdered sugar is just as good:) My aunt is from Ohio and roots for the Buckeyes so she loves these!

• E.S.

Yummy! A family tradition of ours is to make buckeye balls around Christmas. We make ours with rice krispies for some crunch. I’ll have to try your version as well!

Reply to E.S.
  • Melanie

Yum. Your desserts look so good.

Reply to Melanie
  • Valerie

Ahh Buckeyes! Oh yes I’ve had them, I’m from Ohio so I’ve had my fair share of those bad boys. So delicious and addicting. We usually have them around the holidays. I like the addition of the mallow cream!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Ps I’m jealous of the snow you guys got…we didn’t get any in my part of NC (coastal), just freezing temps and awful wind.

It’s almost game time…Go Panthers!!

Reply to Valerie

So many people from Ohio 🙂 My aunt and uncle live there and my brother used to live there. Gorgeous state.

We finally have warm weather!!

SUPERBOWL!

• Hilary

Buckeyes are one of my favorites! I am also from Ohio so I think I am almost obligated to love them haha, but chocolate and peanut butter, really nothing better than that!

Reply to Hilary
  • Amy

I love anything that has peanut butter and chocolate! I need to try this!

xoxo
    Amy |Pastel N Pink

Reply to Amy
  • Lauren

These look delicious! Do you know if I could replace the marshmallow creme with something else? I don’t think they sell that here.

Reply to Lauren
    • Anonymous

My mom has a similar recipe that uses cream cheese but no marshmallow fluff–could be a good replacement(??). Definitely not a “diet” ingredient though. LOL.

Reply to Anonymous

You could just add extra powdered sugar!