New Hair, Running & Eats!

My two favorite college teams aren’t playing today, so it looks like a Lifetime movie Saturday!

I finally did it! I got my hair cutΒ and dyed. I’m a little sad that she took more than an inch off, but I know it was probably in need of it. It’s going to take some getting used to, but I like it.Β
mPicMonkey Collage

While I waited, I had some juice! I was going to be in there for three hours, so I needed something to hold me over. All of the running has made my appetite go WOAH! So, if I don’t bring something to hold me over, I feel like eating the whole place when I’m back. Snacking every two hours is a must for me, even if it’s juice.

My hair was done around five, I picked up Kona from doggy day care, gave him a bath, and then headed to Murphy’s Pub on King Street to have dinner. I’m sad there isn’t a Notre Dame game tonight because that would be an awesome place to watch it. They had ND posters and everyone who worked there had an Irish accent. I loved it. I think this was the first time I actually forgot to take a photo of my food. I was just really hungry and didn’t think you’d care about my missing steak caesar salad with the dressing on the side! I’ll snap it next time πŸ˜‰

mPicMonkey Collage

We were up early on Thursday. We went straight for the bathroom and then back up to sleep until seven! After waking up and getting around, I had some hard boiled eggs and pink lady apple.

Kona was interested in T.C.’s snacks…

mPicMonkey Collage

I decided to focus on running intervals for 3 1/2 miles and then walked and extra minute to cool down. I never thought I’d enjoy a treadmill so much. I love using the stairs after a workout to stretch. I go into the back hallway so no one can see me being all weird and stretching out my legs.

IMG_8432

I’m a snacker, and sometimes I do it for no reason. Instead, I’ve been replacing my mindless snacking with beverages like Zevia, Bai, Suja and Kombucha.

IMG_8435

Hey there Kona!

IMG_8438

I promise this is my last salad like this for a while. I’m finally out of ingredients. It had tomato, avocado, cucumber, croutons, rotisserie chicken, and spring mix blend with garlic balsamic on the side.

I was so tired yesterday. My Friday nights will be more interesting once I’m back in Charlotte. I was asleep at 8:30.

mPicMonkey Collage

I was an early bird this morning.

Coffee and a walk with Kona at six and then coconut water before my run. Coconut water helps with hydration and prevents cramps. Look how ghostly white I am getting…gotta love the Fall.

IMG_8442

For my post run breakfast I made an omelet. Probably the most boring omelet out there, but it was tasty to me!

3 egg whites + 2 whole eggs, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1 tsp garlic powder, pitch black pepper, Applegate white american cheese, and olive oil for the pan.

IMG_8447

They look like little quesadillas.

mPicMonkey Collage

Kona and I sat in the park earlier and watched the kids play soccer. He refused to leave and watched the ball intensely.

mPicMonkey Collage

I ran over to Whole Foods after our walk to pick up a couple things for baking. I wore my apple picking vest πŸ™‚

IMG_8459

First up…coffee!

My favorite thing to do is smell the coffee beans as soon as I open up the bag.

IMG_8463

The pacific rim vienna roast is really good! I love that it’s not weak.

IMG_8450

For lunch, I threw some leftover garbanzo beans, couscous, tortellini, and carrot salads together.

IMG_8461

I also added in a couple pieces of rotisserie chicken in there.

mPicMonkey Collage

I watched Clemson for about three minutes and then switched over to Lifetime.

IMG_8526

I made light and healthier rice krispiesΒ this afternoon. I’ll be sharing that recipe next!

Comments

• Kat

Where did you get your hair done? I live in Alexandria but I’m not originally from here, & I’ve been looking to get my hair cut but I’m nervous about where to go! Yours looks great so I thought I’d ask!

Reply to Kat

Do you use an app that tells you when to start and stop running?

When I run outside, I use run keeper. It just keeps track of how far/how fast I run. I don’t use an app on the treadmill. I do use the treadmill’s goal setter.

• ML Bishop

The hair is perfection! Love it!

Reply to ML Bishop
  • Donna

One of my favorite things about your blog is your ability to show people that simple, thrown-together food can be healthy at the same time. So many people use the excuse that healthy has to be time consuming and you disprove that theory every week. Love your hair! I am sure you probably feel paler(complexion) with the darker hair, but it’s a nice contrast. Have a blessed week!

Reply to Donna

Thank you so much Donna! I like simple recipes and easy fixes! Sometimes I like to bake or cook something a little more time consuming, but lately, not-so-much πŸ™‚

& Thank you so much for the compliment!

• Sarah

You did not make that salad. It’s obviously in a whole foods box.

Reply to Sarah
  • Ana

The hair looks great! And all that healthy food, it just reminded me to go to the grocery store before it closes (everything closes so darn early here on Sundays). What’s your favorite recipe for garbanzo? I have a couple cans in my cupboard and I’m trying to think of some creative ways to use them!

Have a lovely day!

Reply to Ana

Yes you better get going! πŸ™‚ & Thank you!

I love making a salad with romaine, feta, cucumber, garbanzo beans, croutons, and a vinaigrette!

• Becky

Hi Tara! I love your new hair πŸ™‚ I remember seeing before that we can follow you on snapchat! Can I get your username?

Reply to Becky
  • Susi

It’s so exciting to get a new hair style! And you look great! πŸ™‚

Reply to Susi
  • Laura

Love your booties! Where did you find them?

Reply to Laura
  • Aimee

You look great! Kona is so cute!

Reply to Aimee
  • Kari Ramage

Hey there!! Random question. How much water do you consume in a day? Recently, I started taking in a lot more and I think I’m over doing it. Ha!

Reply to Kari Ramage
  • Kelsey

I was in DC/ Alexandria for work in July.. You need to try Red Rocks Pizza on King Street. It’s sooo good! I also remember this super awesome (and small) coffee shop on Kings Street.. Can’t remember the name but it’s near Soapbox Soaps cuz we had just had a meeting there.. Anyways, have fun!! Love that area.

Reply to Kelsey

Thank you Kelsey! I’ll have to see if I can find the coffee shop! I think my brother was talking about Red Rock’s Pizza too! I may have to treat myself to a slice πŸ˜‰

• Sandra

Love your hair. How long will you be in DC

Reply to Sandra
  • Melanie

Your hair cut fits you so well! I love it πŸ™‚
    Are those fries on the plate next to the orange Suju juice? I remember a post from a while back about veggie fries that you really liked. What brand were those? I can’t remember and want to look out for them! πŸ˜›

Reply to Melanie
  • gracie

I dyed my hair dark brown and I looked much paler too (its just the contrast but i think its pretty). Also, when did you start eating red meat? Is it because you’re working out more or were you low in iron or something?

Reply to gracie

Hi Gracie!

And thank you so much πŸ™‚ I started eating red meat once a week about two years ago. I’ve been anemic for years and it’s important for me to keep up my iron levels.

• Zully Hernandez

I really love your hair like this – it looks so rich and the blunt ends are way cute – totally looks like the pic you referenced before.

Reply to Zully Hernandez
  • Jennifer Ayala

How come I can’t subscribe to your blog? :/

Reply to Jennifer Ayala
  • Kerri Mcgrail

Love the new cut! I got mine done yesterday and ended up with it a bit shorter than I would have liked too- oh well it grows out! I used to be a big snacker too, but now that I am in dental school & we aren’t allowed to eat in our classes/labs, I had to cut that out. Looks like DC is treating you well!

Reply to Kerri Mcgrail

Thanks so much Kerri! I bet yours looks great! πŸ™‚ Snacking never used to be a thing until I started working out more, so now I just do more snacks/light healthy meals.

• Tara

Your hair looks great! I love the cut!

Reply to Tara
  • Kelsey

Love your blog so much! My fiancΓ© and I are heading to DC on Wednesday. Any must hidden gem “must sees”?! We are staying in Alexandria on Wednesday and then downtown DC Thursday-Sunday!!

Reply to Kelsey

Definitely spend time on King Street! Have wine at the waterfront, best seafood at the Fish Market, ice cream at Pop’s or the Creamery across the street, and coffee at Misha’s! Lavendar Moon’s cupcakes are better than Alexandria Cupcakes, so go for those!

• Jessica

You look great. πŸ™‚ DC agrees with you.

Reply to Jessica