Spinach Tomato & Pepper Omelet

vegetable spinach tomato omelet simply taralynn

A vegetable omelet is one of the better-for-you breakfasts you can eat. It’s a great way to start your day off with protein, healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins. I keep my vegetables chopped up in a container in the refrigerator for my omelets. That saves me some chopping time in the morning.

This omelet has: 1 full egg, 2 egg whites, 2 tablespoons almond milk, sprinkle of garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder, spinach and bell peppers sautéed in olive oil, and roma tomatoes.

Before throwing the egg mixture onto the pan, I sautéed the bell peppers with a little bit of olive oil and garlic powder. Once the peppers were cooked, I threw in the spinach to cook for about a minute. Spinach doesn’t take long at all.

vegetable spinach tomato omelet simply taralynn

In a medium heated pan, I added the egg mixture. Once the sides of the omelet were bubbly and the bottom was a bit crisp, I added the veggies. Olive oil at the bottom of the pan gives the omelet a crisp texture on the outside.

vegetable spinach tomato omelet simply taralynn

I always give it a quick open up with the spatula to make sure the inside of the omelet is cooked. No one wants a runny omelet…

vegetable spinach tomato omelet simply taralynn

I had a whole grain English muffin with almond butter on the side.

What is your favorite healthy breakfast?

Comments

• Chantal

Do you use the egg yolks for something else? Or do you just trow them away?

Reply to Chantal
  • Linda @ the fitty

Give me your egg yolks and I’ll give you my egg whites!

Reply to Linda @ the fitty
  • Caitlin

I just started following your blog, I am trying to lose about ten pounds the healthy, realistic way. I love your real food recipes and restaurant dining posts. Thanks so much!

Reply to Caitlin
  • Sarah

That looks so good! Also, what a great point about getting some veggies in your diet. I struggle with that and need to work on eating fruit and veggies at every meal.

My favorite breakfast is polenta with honey and butter! The healthiest breakfast I enjoy eating is oatmeal.

Have a great day!

Sarah

Reply to Sarah
  • Teri

Omelet with one egg, 2 egg whites, light Laughing Cow Swiss cheese, guacamole and fresh basil.

Reply to Teri
  • Alyssa

I make something similar for breakfast a lot! I always use one whole egg and two egg whites as well, and I add spinach, garlic, potato, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and peppers, as well as any other veggies I have in my fridge. It keeps me full for a large chunk of the day and it’s delicious!

Reply to Alyssa
  • Melissa Y:)

I love egg whites scrambled with chopped avocado and tomatoes on the side.

Reply to Melissa Y:)