A little bit of yesterday.

IMG_2271

I’m still going strong on my one cup of coffee a day kick. I’ve learned my lesson to not give up coffee entirely (yet.) Other times when I would quit, it was cold turkey. I was experiencing migraines, moodiness, and it was hard for me to function. If that doesn’t scream “GIRL, YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION”, then I don’ know what does! Instead of going cold turkey, I should have CUT BACK on coffee; I would have been more successful. Isn’t that how most diet works too? If you cut something out 100% that you love, you end up failing. Maybe that’s why diets DON’T work. The first cup of the day is the only one I really need. Hopefully then habit doesn’t pick back up again once school starts. I used to drink 5 cups a day, and if I couldn’t fit that many cups of coffee in, I’d add 4-7 shots of espresso in my TALL latte. How my heart functioned? I don’t know.  The addiction started when I was a nanny in Chicago. I had to take care of two boy/girl twins and they were tough. The only thing that kept me going was caffeine. Thankfully, I’m back down to the one cup and I plan on keeping it up. I may have a cup at night on the weekends, but I’m going to try to grab tea instead. The past couple days I’ve been more energetic, less sleepy, and craving more water. I may have been going through SLIGHT withdrawals last week, but I’m over it now!

11119969_901628533217057_2043416348_n

Anyways, my first cup of coffee got me through packaging 28 orders! I usually do my orders during Good Morning America. I have a lot of new tops coming in soon and just put up some new jewelry in the shop! Unfortunately I have to pay out of state for the first year, so the boutique is what’s going to help me pay for college. I think it’s fun and keeps me busy, so I don’t mind it! I’m really excited about this upcoming year and all the things I’ll be doing. It’s like a new chapter of life!

11868821_901628529883724_511115207_n

After packing, I had some breakfast! I whipped up a piece of whole grain french toast, potato hash, and turkey bacon!

Hash Brown Recipe Here
French Toast Recipes

PicMonkey Collage

I’m trying to upload the video for this but it won’t work. It’s stuck on YouTube saying “upload pending”, so if you know what that means, HELP! but, here are the screen shots. I had a pretty good golf game yesterday. I walked nine holes with my dad, but it was a mistake because it got REALLY hot while we were out there.

11843993_901628536550390_1551601034_n

I’ve never felt so miserable out in the sun. I don’t think I had enough water because I was dizzy and nauseated. As soon as I got back to the clubhouse, I downed like three bottles of water and felt much better!

IMG_2275

I made a shake for a late lunch and I planned on cooling off in the pool. I’m trying to make the most of my summer before school starts. I feel like a teenager saying something like that, but I know it’s going to be a busy busy year.

11874042_901630503216860_1738173869_n IMG_2278

I know I look TERRIBLE in that photo, but does anyone look like a supermodel after sweating every fluid out of your body, no sunglasses in the sun, and mascara melted to your face? Well, maybe, but not me:)

IMG_2276

OH! & That smoothie?

It had 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1 cup ice, 1 packet stevia in the raw, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, and unsweetend almond milk!

I blended up and ended up having two mason jars full!

IMG_2368

After cleaning all up, I headed to Earthfare to pick up a quick dinner. I didn’t feel like cooking and wanted something quick.

11855587_901630146550229_209804095_n 11850913_901618446551399_242244627_n

I bought a green juice with one apple, cucumber, kale, ginger, turmeric, lime, parsley, and celery and shrimp vegetable spring rolls. I love a juice that consists of almost ALL vegetables. There is NO SHAME in that! Since I love juice so much, I’m going to resort to that during football season instead of all the chicken wings and pizza like last football season. I let my health go to mush last year during the winter, and I’m NOT letting that happen again. Nick is also on board with that, so it helps.

Also, you can find that elephant necklace in my shop!

11844232_901630486550195_895689153_n 11868739_901907633189147_484460842_n

For daily updates, add me on snapchat & instagram! taralynnmcnitt

simply taralynn collection

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 4.32.32 PM

Comments

• Egor

Awesome!

Reply to Egor
  • Selene

I. WANT. THOSE. EARRINGS 🙂 Awesome!

Reply to Selene
  • Kams

Ugh, I definitely have a coffee addiction but I plan to cut back big time starting tomorrow! I’ve been having so much anxiety and having a hard time sleeping because of the amount I drink 🙁

Reply to Kams
  • Kristin C

Oh, I adore those gemstone earrings! I NEED some of those!
    I soon as I find a job (you’d think it wouldn’t take this long in such a big city!), I am ordering some of those!

Reply to Kristin C
  • Bianca

Do you get the donut tank back in?? REALLY REALLY hope so!!

Reply to Bianca

I couldn’t be a nanny–too grueling to be taking care of little kids all day! I’d rather do a HIIT workout and be tired from that. 😛

• Emily B

Girrrrl! I literally drank coffee this morning out of the EXACT same Starbucks DC mug! My husband and I just got back from our vacation to Washington DC yesterday! I researched all the places you went and got a lot of inspiration from your trip! We went to Baked & Wired in Georgetown and loved it! Even though the line was huge and we had to race back to Union Station to make our monument tour and were swearing like crazy… They were so worth it!! Too funny that we had coffee in the same mug today 🙂

Reply to Emily B

Hahaha that is awesome. I’ve been collecting those Starbucks mugs for three years now! You must have gone on a weekend to Baked & Wired! What did you order there?! That place was so cool. 🙂 xo

• Emily B

We went on a Sunday night, so I was surprised about how busy it was! Then again, I’m from North Dakota and lots of things close by 6 on a Sunday haha! I had the pistachio and my husband had the naughty unicorn one! Both delicious!

Reply to Emily B
  • Lacey

Love reading your blog! Where did you find the mason jars with handles?

Reply to Lacey
  • Christine

I’ve been following you since your Undressed Skeleton days & notice you’ve come a long way. I find the current style of your blog encouraging & enjoyable. I stopped reading for a while when you got off track, but I’m glad you are in recovery and doing well! Good luck when school starts…. & ignore anyone who tries to sling hate your way!

Reply to Christine
  • Jessica

Hi Taralynn! I’ve been following your blog for a while and feel like I just now heard you’re going back to school! Thats exciting, congratulations! What will you be studying and what made you want to go? 🙂

Reply to Jessica
  • nina

The picture you were talking about not looking like a “supermodel” is so pretty! IDK why you’d even feel the need to say that!! OWN THAT PICTURE, GIRL!! 😀 You have the cutest swim suits, where do you get them?!?

Reply to nina
  • Margaret @ Happy Healthy PDX

LOVE those stone and gold earrings. I will definitely be buying a pair!

Reply to Margaret @ Happy Healthy PDX