A True Detective Weekend.

11824053_899982073381703_344834931_n

Smoothies & Juice. That’s all I’ve been craving lately. I’m OK with that because there are worst things in life to crave. One of my favorite combo’s right now is kale, spinach, banana, peach, almond milk, ice, and a tsp of honey. I’ve been stopping at the Peach Stand a lot for their fresh peaches and produce. I bought about twenty peaches on Tuesday, sliced them all up, and froze them for my smoothies. They taste so much better when you cut and freeze them yourself, plus they’re cheaper than the store-bought frozen fruit.

11824226_899982090048368_1972534726_n

I’m excited for the new boxes of apparel coming in next week.  I have several new fall items, and I just restocked some of your favorite sellers. I never thought running a little online boutique would be this much fun, and I’m in love with it. I love receiving your photos in the clothes and getting feedback on what you guys like. Opinions are always welcome!

I also just ordered new stones so I can make more jewelry.

11868660_899982153381695_1796369961_n

Another thing I’ve recently been in love with is Karate! I’ve already learned so much in the two weeks of classes.

11846027_899982276715016_1323484295_n 11853964_899982343381676_1495833432_n

After getting all the packaging done on Wednesday, I went to a baseball game. I love the night games because the dogs can go and it’s not too hot outside.

11846245_899982110048366_458207854_n

I’m hooked on True Detective. This show is freakin’ whacked out, but I love it. I think it’s crazy how they  have a whole different cast for the second season. I’ve grown to love the first cast, and now I have to grow to love a different one. It does help that they are all Hollywood A-list actors. We are talking Matthew Mcconaughey, Woody Harrelson, Vince Vaughn, Collin Ferrell, Rachel McAdams, and more! It’s not one of those slow shows where it takes the second episode to get hooked. You get hooked in the first five minutes of the show.

11824237_899982010048376_628138700_n 11868862_899982023381708_2070717948_n

Friday night, I headed off to cross fit and then went back home to watch more True Detective; the addiction is real. I picked up some juices for a little post workout while we prepared food for the grill. They just opened a new juice bar in Charlotte and I’m so so so excited to try it out. Buying juice is so much easier than making it yourself, but I do plan on dusting off my juicer and putting it to use.

11830048_899981913381719_1559006226_n

Grilled sweet potato slices, asparagus, chicken, and onions.
Sweet potatoes: precooked in microwave, sliced, and seasoned with: olive oil, garlic powder, italian seasoning, onion powder, drizzle of honey, sea salt, pepper.
Asparagus: sesame oil, galic powder, salt, pepper.
Chicken: olive oil, Jamaican jerk seasoning.
Onion: olive oil, light soy sauce, garlic, honey, pepper.

Grilled food is probably my favorite healthy go-to. It may be a lot of work, but it’s worth it.

11830741_900396180006959_2042770191_n

I stayed up until 2 am watching True Detective. These are the types of weekends I love. There was a baseball game at 11 and the team begged me to make chocolate chip cookies. How do you say no to fifteen grown men in baseball uniforms? I woke up early and picked up a couple ingredients.

11846002_900396153340295_906725135_n

The guys loved them and they won, so I think I have to make them again for good luck.

11846319_900395930006984_1678363214_n 11846184_900396060006971_430926874_n

After the baseball game, I got cleaned up and went to Saturday mass. Sometimes it’s nice to go on Saturday night, so you can sleep in on Sunday morning and be lazy for a while. That is exactly what I’m doing right now.

11853877_900395950006982_60267274_n

We went to Portofinos after church last night for dinner. I ordered the Antipasto All’ Italiana and a glass of wine. Portofinos is so good! I bet you can guess what I did after dinner?…YUP TRUE DETECTIVE ALL NIGHT. I only have seven episodes left, so I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself after. I guess, get up and do something productive with my sunday.

Comments

• Kim

Forget all the haters! I too am recovering from a disorder, and it’s amazing how many more women would rather see someone fall again than get better! I am learning to love my body and I hope you are learning to love yours too! Ps not to ‘advertise’ or anything, but there’s an amazing class in Charlotte called Buti yoga at Move Studio Charlotte. All that’s preached there is self love and the women there are awesome. Just a thought if you want to try a workout that’s uplifting and no judgement! I try to go every Saturday morning and it makes my week!

Reply to Kim

Thank you Kim!!

I will definitely look into the Buti yoga! Do you go to yoga often? I’ve been a couple times, but I’d like to do it more!

• Allison

I am horrified the comments people make about you, the posts you write and your weight. First off, your absurdly fit and gorgeous, so comments obviously stem from the desire to be mean and hurt. Secondly, if you were overweight, how would calling you fat help In any way and why would they care?? Don’t read the blog if you don’t like it people!! Sheesh. Eating disorders start due to people saying things like that to one another, as if somehow, you should be looked down upon and criticized if overweight.

On a happier note? Congrats on your anniversary and keep having fun, inspiring, days and adventures… And blogging about them! ?

Reply to Allison
  • Alissa

Happy anniversary, Taralynn! Wishing both of you much love and happiness 🙂

Reply to Alissa
  • Jessica

Happy Anniversary!!!! You two make such a great couple <3

Reply to Jessica
  • Molly

It makes me sad how judgemental and ride people are on this site! As long as you feel healthy and happy I think you look great! We can always improve on ourselves in every way and you are such a great example of trying new things and learning to take what comes your way with stride. It’s extremely refreshing to see someone my age who has that maturity!

Reply to Molly

Thank you Molly. Dealing with the negative comments over the years has made me realize that you can’t please anyone but yourself. I’ve also learned to focus on my happiness rather than pleasing others. I’m happy with myself,enjoy my life and don’t really care what others think of it. They only know 25% of my life and have no right to judge, also I’m not worried about their judgments or anyone other than God judging me 🙂 thank you for the support and the positivity! Life is so much better when you don’t care what anyone thinks.

• Emily Weir

I’m going to need to give True Detective a shot if it’s so addictive, especially with nothing else on during the last few weeks of summer.
    Happy anniversary too! You seem so happy and carefree with Nick, which is just how it should be 🙂

And thank you for always being so tasteful with your responses to the haters. It’s easy to attack right back at them, but you always handle it well. It’s valuable as a reader to see that.

Reply to Emily Weir

I didn’t think I was going to like it, but Nick has been begging me to give it a shot, and now I love it. 🙂 & Thank you! He’s a good guy and makes me happy. Enjoy your summer!! xo xo xo xo

• Steph

#1 weight loss rule = don’t drink your calories

Have you counted how many calories you’ve consumed in juice drinks & smoothies alone in the past week? No wonder you’re fat Taralynn! You need to make friends with My Fitness Pal, fast!

Reply to Steph
    • lindsay

Dear Steph,

Sorry you’re such a douche bag. Must be a miserable existence. Watch your back, karma’s a bitch.

Best,

Lindsay

Reply to lindsay
    • Alyssa

Steph – what you’re failing to realize is that she is consuming HEALTHY calories. Have you read the ingredients she likes to make her smoothies with? HEALTHY. Your above comment would be true if she was drinking something like soda, which is all sugar and empty calories. Your above comment is how eating disorders start. It’s not about counting calories, it’s about what nutrients you’re consuming that counts.

Reply to Alyssa
      • Chantal

Well said Taralynn! This person is crazy to say you’re fat. You’re beautiful and I look up to you! (in a healty way :D) You are a big motivation for me! Normally I don’t response on anything, but now I had the feeling I had to. Because this response is just not fair. We have a saying in the Netherlands that goes: If you can’t say something nice, just say nothing at all (it looka a little bit weird in English, but I think my message is clear). Just keep in mind that most people who say things like that are insecure about themselves or jealous of you.
        Thank you for being my role model. Oh and sorry for the English, I’m from the Netherlands, so it’s not perfect. Xx

Reply to Chantal

Thank you Chantal. Whether fat, skinny, or in between, it’s never OK to degrade someone’s appearance or even comment on it. As someone who recovered with a pretty serious eating disorder, it hurts to see things like that, but luckily I’m strong enough to handle it. They may want to watch how they talk to people, because some people may not be able to handle it the same way and end up harming themselves. I wouldn’t want to be the person responsive for that.

Your English is fine and that saying is a popular one here in the United States, but hardly ever used. As long as you live a life full of positivity and love, the people living their lives to bring you down will be simply out of luck.

xo

• Rachel

I say delete these ridiculous comments! I am a writing teacher, and one of the hardest things to teach is to write with “voice”…the clarity, humor, and honesty that keep people reading. Who cares if you have a grammatical typo here and there, because your voice shines through beautifully in everything you write! And you own your story to health and wholeness, and have inspired so many others to do the same. Blogs are such an amazing forum for people to see real human beings. So much of the media we consume is so edited. But spaces such as this blog show people what it is like to make a move, leave a relationship, make choices to honor your body with the foods you eat, and overall to own your self-worth. Your work here is lovely, and you should feel tremendously proud of it! xx Rachel

Reply to Rachel
  • Michelle

Nick & I’s? No, no, no. I just visibly cringed reading that. How about mine and Nick’s.

Reply to Michelle
    • Emily

The most grammatically correct way to say it would be “Nick’s and my” though I find that awkward. How about just, “our.”

Reply to Emily
  • Caitlin

Hi Tara! This comment may be random but I was wondering if you could do a post on your weight loss goals. I remember seeing that you wanted to lose weight, and as someone who has also struggled with an eating disorder I am curious to see how you are handling that.

Reply to Caitlin

ceaving healthy food is one of the best blessings ever 🙂

• Ashley

Rachel McAdams is a badass in the show! Finale is tonight!

Reply to Ashley
  • Cassie

I noticed that Rachel McAdams is on True Detective–maybe I’ll start watching it!

Reply to Cassie
  • Anna @ Anna Can Do It!

Hi! Happy Anniversary for you! I’m so happy for you guys and wish you a lot more anniversaries! We just had our 8th anniversary at Wednesday! 🙂 I think I’ll check that True Detective out later 😀 I’m not surprised the baseball team asked for that cookie, it looks mouth-watering! :)) Have a great Sunday! – Love, Anna!

Reply to Anna @ Anna Can Do It!
  • Selina

Happy Anniversary and thanks for this post. I was a huge fan of True Detective Season 1 and have been meaning to start Season 2, but never got around to it. I think I’ll go start on it now. 🙂

Reply to Selina
  • Isabel

May I ask what the recipe for the cookies are?? In all honesty, those look like the most delicious cookies I’ve EVER SEEN.

Reply to Isabel