Chocolate Chip Raisin Almond Oatmeal Cookies!

chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies

I’m so excited! I leave today for my road trip. I got most of my stuff done yesterday, and all I need to do now is pack the cooler, paint my fingernails, (just in case I take a picture of something with my nails in it, ya know) make my playlist, and head out! Imย going to D.C., tonight (maybe depending how I am) , New York City tomorrow to explore the city and go to the Yankee’s game, and then up to Maine! Iย will be in Ogunquit and Wells beach. I’m excited because I’ve never been to Maine, and I’ve heard it’s so beautiful! I have a feeling after this trip, I’ll want to keep going to Maine to explore.

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

I made breakfast cookies yesterday for the road trip. While I was walking around Trader Joes, I saw little trail mix cookies and they were adorable! It gave me the inspiration for these breakfast cookies. I picked up some extra ingredients and used some of the things I had at home. I was also surprised to see how cheap almond meal was at Trader Joes compared to the $10.00 bag of almond flour at grocery stores. It was only $5.00 at Trader Joes! Now, I won’t feel as bad for using it more.

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Ingredients: *1 cup almond meal, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate hips, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 cup raisins, 1 cup oats, 1/4 cup baking stevia (or honey), 1 egg, 4 oz unsweetened cinnamon apple sauce, pinch sea salt, and 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted.

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Add oats, baking powder, and almondย meal to a mixing bowl and combine.

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Stir in applesauce and egg.

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Melt coconut oil and mix in!

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Mix in Stevia (0r you can use honey for sweetener)

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Add raisins and chocolate chips! You can use any additives in these cookies. I was going to add nuts, but there is already almond meal in the cookies.

Mix well!

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Grease a pan and add tablespoon sized drops to the pan. Next time I make these, I am going to shape the cookies before laying them on the tray. Don’t be afraid to roll them in balls and flatten them out into cookies.

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Bake for about 13-15 minutes! The edges will be slightly brown.

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

I was so happy with how these turned out! The weren’t overly sweet, and I loved the texture of these! Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle! They were so good!

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

These are going to be great to keep in the car for our trip. They will also be delicious heated up in the morning for breakfast.

Makes 24 -28 cookies!

healthy almond flour oatmeal cookies

Ok, since i’m making a playlist…I need your favorite road trip song! GO!ย

simply taralynn collection

NEW ITEMS IN THE SHOP:)

Comments

• Alisha

My son is allergic to nuts so I can’t use almond flour….can you substitute it for something else?

Reply to Alisha
  • Lisa

Love the cookies!! Been a while since you posted anything…hope you are alright.

Reply to Lisa
  • Helena

I can’t wait to hear about your trip!!
    I miss your daily blog updates so much. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

I just don’t know what to do with myself because I usually start off my day by reading your blog!!
    Hope you are having tons of FUN!! Maine is great place to hike. I used to go to summer camp in Maine … It is is SO so soooooo BEAUTIFUL!! You are so lucky!

PS – Is it difficult to stay off of social networking sites?

Reply to Helena
  • Cassandra

Are you ever coming back?

Reply to Cassandra
  • Amanda

Cookies for breakfast?! I can definitely rock with that!

Reply to Amanda
  • StephP

Fave road trip song? Life is A Highway – Rascal Flatts!

Reply to StephP
  • Jen

Those cookies look fabulous! LOVE the necklace too!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Jen
  • Kate

WE MISS YOUR POSTS!!!

Reply to Kate
  • Melanie

Wow these look amazing! I love breakfast cookies ๐Ÿ™‚ Your roadtrip sounds like so much fun! Maine is on my bucket list– I’ve heard it’s beautiful! Hope you have a fabulous time!! I can’t wait for updates ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a safe trip!

Reply to Melanie
  • Jen

I’ve lived in New England my whole life, and one of my favorite memories from childhood is visiting Wells during the summer. You’re going to love it! The water is COLD, but no one seems to mind it. Coastal road trips are the best. I’m assuming the pups are staying back with your parents, BUT if they are joining you guys, a visit to Peirce Island in Portsmouth, NH on the way to Maine (the spelling kills me on that, but that’s how it’s spelled!) is a must. The far part of the island is a big dog-friendly park with access to a swimming area, walking trails, etc. We took my doodle there last summer, and he LOVED it. Enjoy you trip, safe travels!

Reply to Jen
    • Jen

I meant to mention…Congdon’s Doughnuts is pretty famous in Wells – go early because it gets crowded quick. Also, Scoop Deck has great ice cream and LOTS of flavors to choose from. In Ogunquit, we like to visit The Front Porch for the piano bar. It’s a fun experience!

Reply to Jen
  • Cami

These look delicious! I am a huge fan of the banana-flax cookies you shared, as well as the banana protein pancakes so this will most certainly be a new addition to the rotation ๐Ÿ™‚ I totally understand the painting your nails thing- pictures of my hands holding something look infinitely cuter that way ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a safe trip!

Reply to Cami
  • Quinn

Thank you for this delicious recipe. I will make them for my kids.

Reply to Quinn
  • Erica

I love your recipes!!!

Reply to Erica
  • Cassie

These breakfast cookies look so good! Better NOT eat the whole batch!

Reply to Cassie
  • Emily Weir

These look delicious! I’m always down for chocolate in my breakfast too ๐Ÿ˜‰

For the playlist, you definitely need some Disney classics. Your road trip companion might not enjoy them as much, but you can’t help but sing along when Hakuna Matata comes on.

Reply to Emily Weir
  • Holley

Hey Taralynn!

I am from the seacoast of New Hampshireโ€ฆ so excited to hear you’ll be adventuring in southern Maine! Some towns that may interest you are York Beach, ME (such a cute town with a light house and Dunne’s Ice Creamโ€ฆ a must go to if you like ice cream) and also Portsmouth, NH. They will be towns you pass on the way to Ogunquit ๐Ÿ™‚ Portsmouth has a ton of history (some of the homes in the town are from the 1600s), some light houses, a fort, and like endless amounts of restaurants to eat at. It sits right on the bay/ocean, and several of the restaurants allow you to eat on decks overlooking the water.

Have a great time!

-Holley

Reply to Holley
  • Melissa Twibell

My Mom lives in Ogunquit! You need to walk the Marginal Way! Do NOT miss It! the views are amazing and its a great walk all the way to Perkins Cove!!

Reply to Melissa Twibell
  • Emily

If you get the chance, you have to go to Don Antonio’s for pizza in New York! They lightly fry the dough and it’s absolutely delicious! It’s in Manhattan, so you’d have to take a subway from Yankee stadium, but it’s not a bad ride. I hope you have a great time!

Reply to Emily
  • Stacie

I love a little 90s throwback playlist for roadtrips. Always fun to jam out to songs you haven’t listened to in years but somehow still remember all the words!

Reply to Stacie
  • Violet

I have a favorite song for everything its called I need a miracle by Fragma, there are a lot of versions of it, hope you like it ๐Ÿ˜€ or another fav song is Earned it -the weeknd

waiting for your trip pictures :p

Reply to Violet
  • Katie

You have seriously changed my baking life! Ever since I made your white chocolate cookies with almond flour and coconut oil, I’ll never go back!even when I use another recipe, I sub almond flour and coconut oil, such a great flavor/texture!

Reply to Katie
  • Amanda

What is the nutritional info for these breakfast cookies??

Reply to Amanda