What a day!
It feels good to finally be sitting down and relaxing, especially since I’m not up to par today. I leave for my trip tomorrow, and I had to get some snacks for the road, my doctors appointment out of the way, pick up Grumples food and medicine, and I’m still waiting on my doctor to call in my prescription. It’s been eight hours since my appointment and still nothing 🙁
When I got home, I whipped up some healthy oatmeal almond flour chocolate raisin cookies, and oat pumpkin muffins for the trip. I will post those recipes soon. Right now, I want to share my afternoon pick me up smoothie, green tea matcha protein smoothie! I fell in love with matcha after eating at the Protein Bar in Washington D.C. When I saw the green tea matcha mix at Trader Joes today, I had to get it!
I love drinking the matcha cold or hot! Today, I made it into a cold drink. I mixed 2 tablespoons of the matcha powder into 1 cup of hot water. After the matcha was combined, I added a couple of ice cubes to speed up the cooling process.
In a blender, I added about a cup of ice, 1 cup of unsweetend cashew milk, packet of stevia, and 1/2 small banana.
Combine until blended!
I love the matcha flavor in this smoothie, and I can’t wait to bring it with me on my trip so I can drink it hot!
Benefits of matcha:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea.
- One cup of matcha = 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea in terms of nutritional content