Sweet Fresh Peach Summer Salsa

IMG_0341

I’m kind of torn. I don’t want summer to end, but I can’t wait for Fall to begin. I’m going to try to be patient and wait a couple more months before I jump into pumpkin mode. The great thing about summer is that I can make fresh recipes like this one!

I mentioned in my post yesterday that we had a grill out. It was our friend’s birthday, so we all whipped up some awesome dishes and had a cookout.

IMG_0340

We stopped at the grocery store after breakfast to grab some things for the BBQ. I wanted to make fresh homemade guacamole. As I was shopping around the produce section for ingredients, the peaches caught my eye. They were juicy and just screamed, “buy me.” I thought, “why not make some peach salsa to go with the guacamole?” so I threw them into my cart!

IMG_0305

I didn’t have an exact recipe for the peach salsa. I grabbed ingredients that I thought would go well and used my taste buds to season it just right.

Peach Salsa

Ingredients: 1/3 cup green onion, 1/2 small red onion, 1/2 small sweet yellow onion, 1/4 cup fresh chopped italian parsley, 4-5 medium tomatoes, 1 green bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 2 large peaches, garlic powder, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, salt, and pepper.

IMG_0337

Dice all the ingredients up and throw it into a large mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar. Sprinkle the seasonings in a little at a time and keep tasting the salsa to get the right flavor.

IMG_0344

After getting the perfect consistency, place it in the fridge to chill and marinate. The salsa gets better with time.

IMG_0370

It was so good paired with guacamole and carrot chips.

IMG_0372

I love how fresh and healthy this salsa is. It’s a great way to fit in your vegetables at party and everyone loved it! It’s also nice to offer a dish that is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and dairy free for guest!

IMG_0374

I am going to mix this salsa into a chicken wrap later.

I’ll post the guacamole next!

Comments

• Mary

This was delicious!

Reply to Mary
  • sealy

This recipe so so delicious! & fresh!

Reply to sealy
  • GUADS

Love this!! Such an easy way to sneak in some more fruits and veggies! We’re going to post this on our website in the next few weeks and feature it because we love it so much! Don’t worry, all rights will land back to your website!

Reply to GUADS
  • luisa

I wonder about the carrot chips, I trying to avoid wheat, What could I use instead of the nachos??

Reply to luisa
  • Cassie

Peach salsa sounds great–not gonna lie a very interesting combo, but I’ll try it!

Reply to Cassie
  • Tera

I love this recipe. It reminds me of the one my grandma makes!

Reply to Tera
  • taylor

curious to why you added sugar to fruit salad, does the fruit not make it sweet enough?

Reply to taylor

The brown sugar sweetens up the vegetables and makes the peaches taste better with them. There isn’t a lot of brown sugar in the recipe compared to the amount of vegetables used. There is only about 20 grams of sugar in the entire dip from the brown sugar.

• Kristin C

Summer isn’t allowed to end JUST yet (as much as I love pumpkin and all-things-fall). I have been working a job this summer which keeps me gone from 7:50am-6:00pm, and then its been rainy or too busy on the weekend to go to the pool. This girl needs more pool time! lol.

Reply to Kristin C
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I love adding fruit to salsa (or guacamole!), especially in the summer!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Payton

I love the combo!

Reply to Payton
  • Emily Weir

That salsa looks amazing! I’m always afraid to add fruit to my salsa. Having a tasty recipe from a trusted source never hurts in getting the courage to try out a new recipe.

Also, I found out years ago that I need a mini pumpkin season in the summer to tide me over to the fall. I usually make a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies or something to tide me over. Who says pumpkin can only be eaten when it’s September to November?! 😉

Reply to Emily Weir
    • janet butler

for a chili cook off:
      I am going to double this to go on Buffalo Chili Tacos… Put chili on a 6 inch flour taco and put the Salsa on top of meat along with sour cream. I love game food and will have buffalo meat, pork chili SAUSAGE. I WILL PUT BLACK BEANS IN THE SALSA TO ADD SOME HEAFTINESS WITH HOT SWEET TANGY BLEND.

i JUST SO LIKE TO BE CREATIVE AND SO WOULD LOVE ANY SUGGESTIONS…. wE WILL HAVE 60 POTS OF CHILI, AND SO HOPE THEY ARE ENJOYED.

Reply to janet butler

You’re right! I always make the crustless pumpkin pies 🙂

• Chelsea

Do you think I could replace brown sugar with stevia?? I want to make this for my dad’s bday but he can’t have any added sugar after his heart problems 🙁 Thanks!!

Reply to Chelsea
  • Kaolee

The salsa looks yummy, and sounds easier to make then I thought! I think I may even have all those ingredients (with the exception of the peach) in the fridge! Thanks for making me think of salsa!

Reply to Kaolee