Cabo Fish Taco & Figure Skating!

11720565_885965504783360_1864329609_n

My brother and Karlee are back on the road towards D.C. and that means no more vacation time for me. Back to blogging, and work before my trip to Maine and New York in nine days! I’m going to spend the day shipping out packages and getting everything planned out and organized for the the trip.  We are going to pack snacks for the trip and mark spots on the map to stop and take pictures of. I’m especially excited about stopping in D.C. again for the night. That’s our halfway point!

11720504_885964524783458_1179926032_n

On Monday, my mom, Karlee, and I went ice skating. It all started with “what do you wanna do, idk what do you wanna do.”

11667152_885965074783403_706471590_n

We haven’t been skating in years! I’m thinking about taking adult lessons…yup…

11696781_885965038116740_2129917969_n

I really should have brought my own skates because these ones needed some sharpening, but it was still fun.

11721173_885965071450070_809444784_n

My mom loves doing her twirls! Not going to lie, it was pretty funny when she fell on her butt.

11720635_885964774783433_1721445545_n

After skating, we stopped at Dunkin for iced coffees!

11696578_885964741450103_807771747_n 11693146_885964751450102_1389864954_n

Later in the night, we all met at Cabo Fish Taco in Noda! I ordered the usual guacamole salmon salad, without cilantro this time! It’s one of my favorite dishes there, minus the crab dip! My brother said that their fish tacos were the best he’s ever had. As a pescetarian, he’s had a lot of fish tacos.

11378464_974411195937397_1479787020_n

It really felt like a small world, because as we were walking out, a family in the corner recognized us from Ottumwa, Iowa!

11202989_1509946932629120_1212761744_n

Well, now it’s time to do some packaging!!

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 11.15.30 AM

CHECK OUT THE COLLECTION 🙂

Comments

• Hillary

Dunkin Donuts french vanilla iced coffee is my weakness! I’m sad that the area I live in, there’s only 1 around here, and it’s about a 45 minute drive from my house and I work in the opposite direction of that as well. When I was in South Carolina last week on vacation you can bet I found a Dunkin and bought my iced coffee every chance I got!

Reply to Hillary
  • Caroline

Ugh, Cabo Fish Taco is THE BEST! I love Noda. I’m from Charlotte and miss it so much! (living in GA now getting my Registered Dietitian license). Your blog is too cute!

Reply to Caroline
  • ML Bishop

You won’t need help in Ogonquit at all- it’s so walkable and everything is super fancy- it’s also very famous for being a gay vacation spot so you’ll love the people watching- everyone is so, so nice there and the energy is great. What I actually recommend you guys absolutely not miss is down the street in York- go to the Nubble Lighthouse at Cape Neddick- it’s a very famous lighthouse and you can walk around the rocks and see seals bathing- they also have a gift shop and a freaking fantastic lobster roll shack- you have to get lobster rolls from there. They are crazy.

Also in York is this fantastic little place that has amazing brick oven pizza- the best I’ve ever had- and you’d be remiss if you didn’t go by and get some. It’s in a gas station of all places. They also have an incredible coffee shop where they roast their own beans. It is amazing.

Finally, you’d also be remiss if you didn’t do a drive by to see the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport- it’s a beautiful place. That area has some really funky shops and bistros in their downtown area, much like Ogonquit.

Hope that helps!! Have fun, I’m going up there this weekend!

Reply to ML Bishop
  • Kelli

Check out roadtrippers.com for some stops on your trip! You can map out your route with stops along the way including scenic routes, great restaurants, odd attractions, accommodations, etc. It’s a great resource!

Reply to Kelli
  • Cait Galiah

You look so much healthier, T!

Reply to Cait Galiah
  • ML Bishop

Oooh! Where in Maine are y’all going? My husband and I live in Boston and we go up to Maine all the time to see his grandparents. I can definitely offer restaurant and sightseeing advice if you need! 🙂

Reply to ML Bishop
  • Amanda

Karlee is so pretty, she did a great job modeling the clothing you sell! It makes them much nicer looking and people can actually get a feel for how it would fit.

Reply to Amanda
  • Cassie

I cannot figure skate for my life! I end up staying at the rail for the entire time!

Reply to Cassie

Skating in the summer is so refreshing, I should try it.

• mookie

If you love history, you should stop at Civil War/Revolutionary War battlesites along the way up. Chancellorsville, VA is a great one. Also the battle of Trenton & Princeton (NJ) and of course Massachusetts. Close to Trenton is the Delaware River and you can see where Washington crossed. Mt. Airy in NC is also a good little quick stop of you like Andy Griffith, it is his hometown and based the show off of it. Sorry, I am a big history lover and enjoy making stops when I do road trips.

Reply to mookie
  • Samantha

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I’m a figure skating coach and I would highly recommend adult lessons! Skating isn’t just a kid’s sport. It’s tons of fun!

Reply to Samantha
  • Jeanine

Where are you headed in NY? if your near the Poughkeepsie area there’s a place with some delicious food called Mill House Brewing Company (not sure if Nicks a beer guy, I know you said you’re not but if he is they brew their own beer there and the owners and bartenders are so nice!) they also use as much produce/ingredients from the local area as they can, the building is beautiful too! and then close by there is a ‘Walkway Over the Hudson’ which is an old train track they turned into a pedestrian bridge which has a gorgeous view that I think you’d love!

Reply to Jeanine
  • Stephanie

How far up north are you going in maine?! (My favorite state!!!) If you make it all the way up the coast to Bar Harbor (Acadia Natl Park) You HAVE to stop at Young’s Lobster Pound in Belfast- you can see them pull the lobster out of the water! AND eat ALL of the lobster rolls anywhere you are in Maine!!! The smaller the shack, the better the roll!!! (totally worth the shorts fitting a little tighter for the next week or so :D)

Reply to Stephanie
  • Abbie

The pink and blue tribal tank in the sale section; how does it fit? Is it true to size and is it loose fitting or tight? I really like it!! Thanks!!

Reply to Abbie
  • Ashton Jury

I love that your mom is ice skating in shorts! She is one brave lady! Also that salad you had looks amazing! Can’t wait to read about your trip to Main and New York, are you exploring the city? If so I know a few places in Little Italy I am sure you and Nick would love! He’s from there originally right? Have fun and stay safe! 🙂

Reply to Ashton Jury
  • Kristin C

Ooooo! That’s where you were telling me to go! That looks fantastic!
    What’s the other place called…the one with the giant margaritas with the beer bottle floating in it? lol

Reply to Kristin C
  • Danielle

I am in love with that dinosaur tank! I hope you restock soon! 🙂

Reply to Danielle