Gardening, Grub, & Grumples!

After breakfast yesterday, I went out for a walk with Grumples. While walking around, I noticed all the pretty well kept mail boxes.  I came home to a pretty scraggly looking one. I immediately made a list and headed to Lowes to get some material for spicing up my mailbox. Growing up, my mom ALWAYS made her mailboxes magical and I use to help her every Spring. I knew exactly what to get and couldn’t wait to start digging.

IMG_7888

Of course if you’re going to spend all day in the sun digging and planting, you need proper fuel. Before starting outside, I made a quick turkey wrap. It had Applegate turkey, bell pepper, avocado, cucumber, lettuce, and yellow mustard on a wholegrain Flatout wrap.

11198427_855869261126318_48820644_n 11117880_855869084459669_1253669951_n

I also picked up Grumples a bubble machine while I was out. This dog is so obsessed with bubbles. If you even say the word “bubbles” he starts getting really excited. He chases them around the backyard for hours.

After setting Grumples up with his backyard bubble machine, I started the mailbox flower bed. I am going to do a blogpost tutorial on the mailbox soon! I fixed that thing head to toe. I painted it and added new numbers! I will include which flowers, what kind of soil, mulch, feed, and all the steps!

In about two weeks, those little flowers are going to grow into a HUGE garden 🙂 I had so much fun doing this and I’m happy with how it turned out. The neighbor lady came over and asked if she could pay me to do hers and that made my day.

11198925_855869141126330_161501982_n

After working in the yard, shopping at Lowes, and walking Grumples again, I needed a refreshing drink! I made a pineapple kale smoothie. I always freeze the core of the pineapple after chopping it up for smoothies and so I used that with 1/2 a banana, 1 cup kale, 1/2 cup ice, 2 cups cashew milk, packet of stevia, and chia seeds!

IMG_7895

Later on for dinner I had a steak stir fry with rice and avocado slices! I turned on Footloose around nine and instantly fell asleep. I was zonked!

Comments

• Kristin C

I love it! It looks awesome! I am glad you had a good day of gardening.
    I really want to like gardening, but I just can’t seem to make myself :/

Reply to Kristin C
  • Tiffany

This has totally inspired me to do this for my mom for mothers day. It looks sooo good! Good job, love your blog, read it everyday 🙂

Reply to Tiffany
  • Cassie

Fabulous post! Can’t wait to see more!

Reply to Cassie
  • Violet

Hi Taralyinn I really like gardening, it looks cute the blue paint on the mailbox

Reply to Violet
  • Dani

I love that you got Grumples a bubble machine! My cat also loves bubbles. He gets really confused though when they pop.

Reply to Dani
  • Rachel

It must be my eyes deceiving me because the grass even looks different. What an amazing before and after!

Reply to Rachel
  • ML Bishop

The mailbox setup looks awesome!! Makes me nostalgic for having an actual mailbox since I live in the city.

Reply to ML Bishop
  • heather

My brother used to do landscaping for our neighbors when we were in high school. You should see if they need lawn-mowing done too, the $ from that can add up.

Reply to heather
  • Michelle

Those flowers are so pretty! The tall purple ones are my favorite lol. And that mailbox definitely fits your style perfectly, love the color! And that purse of yours I absolutely LOVE!! What brand is it or where did you get it?

Reply to Michelle
  • Margaret @ Happy Healthy PDX

I’ll have to try bubbles out with my dog…though I think he will just be afraid of them. He’s afraid of the silliest things but has no problem chasing bees around the backyard…silly pup.

Your mailbox looks awesome!

Reply to Margaret @ Happy Healthy PDX
  • Jen

How did you drive the border stones into the ground to get them shorter (in your finished pic)? We’ve never had much luck with getting them to stay in place, so I’m thinking that might be the way to go.

Reply to Jen

It was a struggle! I had to dig really dip and wide. I kept shoving dirt under them to level them out and then packed the dirt down in there with my foot to get them to stay planted. I had to keep digging them up and adjusting them until they were lined up perfectly .

• Sammy

Maybe your not too worried about it and that’s why you posted it, but I hope those aren’t your real house numbers! I know we don’t know what road or town you live in, but I know you’ve said that you’ve had a creep creeping on your life and a person with no life will try to figure out where you live. Just looking out 🙂

Reply to Sammy
  • Kate

I love your flower choices. You should give us an update in a couple weeks after your garden has grown!

Reply to Kate
  • Kams

Grumples cracks me up! What a silly boy 🙂

Reply to Kams
  • Jessica

I love how the mailbox turned out! Very pretty!

Reply to Jessica
  • Natalie

Those are so obviously not the same mailbox. And those plants were so obviously not planted within the last week. Even the edging is different not to mention one is directly next to a driveway and the other is not.

Reply to Natalie
    • Kristin C

wow….you are really killing me here. If you think that she is such a liar, then why do you even read her blog?
      It looks awesome, Taralynn.

Reply to Kristin C
    • Emmie

Wow..Natalie…so much hate. I wonder why your mind even goes there? Why read this blog if you have such unnecessarily negative thoughts and comments to make?

Reply to Emmie

Looks like they are.

Those plants were bought like that at the store and planted yesterday, not from a seed, as you can see in my Lowes cart. The edging is different because you have to lay them out before you start digging. The top picture didn’t even have the bricks in the ground yet so of course the edging was different. & they are both next to the drive way.

Ah, I love reading about your day 🙂