Mock Pizza & Fried Onion Pasta Salad

IMG_7292

After reading a title like that you’re probably wondering what crazy thing I made this time, but actually it’s not that crazy, and I bet tons of you have mocked up your own pizzas before. Last weekend, Nick and I were lazied up watching the Yankee’s game. We didn’t feel like making some big elaborateย dinner, ordering food, or going out, and so we just mocked up some pizzas and tossed up some salads.

IMG_7293

The first one we did was made from a 50 calorie low carb tortilla, with sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. I liked this one because it was crispy, and I’m a fan of thin crust pizza.

IMG_7298

The next ones we did were english muffin pizzas. We added olive oil, parmesan, garlic powder, and onion powder to the top of the english muffin and then added sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. These were really good too!

IMG_7290

Ever since having a salad in paris with cold pasta and vinaigrette, I have been obsessed. This salad had tomato, bell pepper, onion, cold pasta, italian blend lettuce, and fried onion with a homemade vinaigrette.

I love simple and quick dinners like this!

Comments

• mathew

Lol we do mock pizzas all the time!

Reply to mathew
  • Hillary

I used to make english muffin pizzas all the time! I like to make them by toasting the english muffin first then top with ground meat and a sloppy joe mix and then put cheese on and broil it to melt the cheese. Not the healthiest, but so good! I should look into trying to make a healthier version of it.

Reply to Hillary

The secret to good old cold pasta salad is an aldante pasta!

• Cassie

IMO, thin pizzas are better than thick!

Reply to Cassie
    • Katie Herr

I agree with Cassie! IMO’s is the best thin crust pizza ever!

Reply to Katie Herr
  • Tess

I like doing the tortilla pizzas ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Tess
  • ML Bishop

I figured out that naan makes the most ridiculous homemade pizza. You can get mini ones, or whole grain, or garlic, and they keep perfectly in the freezer. Then just pull out of freezer, load up with toppings and blast at like 425 for 8 min. finishing on broiler. Pro Tip- put the pizza together just before putting in oven- the naan works better with toppings when super frozen.

Reply to ML Bishop
  • Melanie

Yum, I love homemade pizza! I use pita bread as the crust when I make them at home. ๐Ÿ™‚ Love how quick and easy this meal is!

Reply to Melanie
  • Liv @ Healthy Liv

I make English muffin pizzas in my dorm room for an easy meal all the time! So simple and quick ๐Ÿ™‚ Since I don’t have an oven, I just stick the two halves in my pop-up toaster until they’re crispy, spread the sauce on top, add the cheese, and then pop then on the microwave.

Reply to Liv @ Healthy Liv