Coconut Oil Egg White French Toast

IMG_6936

French toast is one of my favorite breakfasts meals. I love all the different ways you can create it; you can make it with cinnamon toast, with egg nog, pumpkin, pb & j, on skewers, turn it into a breakfast sandwich or with fun toppings! When I used to nanny in Chicago, I used to add rainbow sprinkles to the eggs so that it would turn out colorful!

Yesterday for breakfast, I made French toast on a Italian sweet bread loaf

IMG_6940

Ingredients:
*3 Slices of YOUR CHOICE of Bread
*4 Large Egg Whites
*1 Tablespoons Cashew Milk (or coconut, almond)
*1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
*1 Packet Stevia
*Coconut oil for frying (or olive)

Directions:
-Mix the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and stevia together.
-Dip the bread into the egg mixture.
-Grease a pan with coconut oil.
-Fry both sides of the french toast and continue for the rest of the slices!

IMG_6942

I cooked up the turkey sausage in a pan with a little bit of maple syrup to glaze them!

This was the perfect meal before heading to the gym to get a quick workout in!

Comments

• Cory Lee <3

I loved the flavor of the coconut oil when it crisped to the bread!

Reply to Cory Lee <3
  • Alex

I don’t like coconut oil, and I saw that you suggested olive oil as an alternative. Do you actually use olive oil to cook your French toast? To each their own, but I shudder at the flavor combination of syrup+olive oil! I always use a pat of butter in the pan (because…butter), which gram for gram has fewer calories, less fat, and less saturated fat than coconut oil.

I understand that some people can’t have butter (my sister is vegan, others are lactose intolerant, etc.), and that some people like the taste of coconut oil. I’m not trying to change the recipe. My comment is simply meant to steer people away using olive oil to make French toast. Canola would probably be the most neutral option if you had to use something. Save the EVOO for pasta and roasted veggies.

Here you go, have this $.02 I have here in my pocket. 🙂

Reply to Alex
  • Cassie

Delicious! This looks so so good!

Reply to Cassie
  • Lauren

Do you feel like that is too heavy breakfast to eat before working out vs eating something like that after working out?

Reply to Lauren

It looks like it’s heavy, but it’s only around 350 calories and I burn that in the first 45 minutes of my workout. I make sure to wait an hour before working out though!

• Heather

Yummy I’m going to try this!
    I’ve been using cashew milk all the time now. I love how creamy it is in my coffee and cereal!

Reply to Heather
  • Kristin C

Every time I come to your blog, I leave wanting food 😉
    BUT, at least I’m usually craving healthy food when I leave. haha.

Reply to Kristin C
  • La Spice Sisters

This looks amazing! I have tried egg white french toast, but never with coconut oil… What brand of turkey sausage do you use? It seems that the ones I try always taste like cardboard lol

Reply to La Spice Sisters
  • Dorka

Who doesn’t love french toast for breakfast? Sometimes I make sandwiches with peanut butter and banana slices, then make the french toast of the sandwich, it always feels too good to be true, haha!

Reply to Dorka
  • Liv @ Healthy Liv

I love making French toast with really thick slices of doughy bread! Cinnamon raisin bread makes the absolute best French toast.

I think of all the breakfast foods (pancakes, waffles, muffins, etc.), French toast has to be my favorite!

Reply to Liv @ Healthy Liv

Do you prefer expeller pressed coconut oil or regular coconut oil, tara? Sometimes I can’t stand the taste or smell.