Superfood Parfait: Greek yogurt, flax, cocoa, mixed nuts, & berries

IMG_6435

I beat my time today! I did 3.4 miles in 27:46 minutes. I was happy with myself 🙂 After my run, I made a Greek yogurt parfait with some superfood blends that Linwood sent me to try! I usually top my yogurt or smoothies with ground flaxseed and almond flour and so this was like two in one!

IMG_6442

They sent me two blends! The first one has Ground Flaxseed, Almond, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts and Q10. The second one has Ground Flaxseed, Cocoa, Strawberries and Blueberries. I love the way these taste! I bet they would be amazing mixed with honey and some kind of a nut butter baked in the oven! I’m going to try that soon.

IMG_6421

These blends have so many healthy benefits that our bodies crave like: omega 3’s (healthy brain & heart), dietary fiber (helps in digestion, cholesterol levels, maintaining body weight, and blood sugar levels), iron (supports oxygen transport and reproduction of red blood cells), magnesium (supports ones, muscles, and nerve function and metabolism energy), vitamin b1 (keeps metabolism and heart healthy functioning), and zinc, selenium (helps immune system and aids in cell & tissue protection from oxidative damage).

IMG_6424

I mixed my Greek Yogurt with honey, 1 tsp white vanilla extract, lemon, and a packet of Stevia for flavor. I added a layer of yogurt to the bottom of the cup, topped it with a layer of one of the superfood blends, another layer of yogurt, another superfood blend, yogurt, and then mixed fruit!

This was one of the best post workout fuels I have ever had! It had carbs, protein, fats, and it was incredibly filling! This would make a great breakfast too. If you are vegan or dairy free, replace the yogurt with a coconut milk yogurt!

You can use this blend in smoothies, baking, cereal, oatmeal, and more!

Comments

• Courtney

This looks and sounds delicious! I can’t wait to give it a go 🙂

Courtney x
    Courtney Says What

Reply to Courtney
  • Tina

That looks so healthy and great. Where can I buy this?

Reply to Tina
  • Cassie

Greek yogurt parfaits are the bomb! I actually like mixing in Stevia, cacao powder and peanut butter too!

Reply to Cassie
  • anna g

How in the world were you able to improve your pace from 10:02/mile for a 5k to 8:10/mile for 3.4 within a few days? I’ve been running for 2.5 years and have NEVER been able to adjust my pace by nearly 2 min/mile like that in a matter of days. I keep pretty meticulous running logs and while I have decreased my mins/mile pace by quite a bit, it’s been a very gradual process. It I hope your readers don’t think that’s an easily attainable goal, even if there are “hills”. I think something’s off here.

Reply to anna g

I was running 27 min/ 28 min miles before that race and my nerves, the hills, and the heat slowed me down. I was basically sprinting my run yesterday and thought it may not have been a smart move, it was still possible. I used to run a lot faster and I’m getting back to that. Today, my miles were a lot slower, but at a normal pace. There was nothing off about the run.

• Kristin C

This stuff sounds awesome!
    Where do they sell their products?

Reply to Kristin C
  • kam

I want you to take photography of my recipes!

Reply to kam
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

that parfait looks delicious and simple to make!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Teresa

I just love your blog and all the awesome pictures, especially those of food. And this parfait looks especially yummy.

Your blog ist just one of my main motivators for being healthy 🙂 Thanks for that!!!

Reply to Teresa
  • Nica

That looks so yummy ♡

Reply to Nica
  • MJ

That’s an incredible time difference from your race this past weekend to now…and you even ran a longer distance too. What’s your secret to beating your time by 4-5 minutes that quickly?

Reply to MJ
  • Melanie

Yogurt parfaits are the perfect post workout snack! The Linwood blends look delicious! I bet they would be good in oatmeal too 🙂

Reply to Melanie

amazing that they have coq10 in them as well. That’s an interesting and nutritious blend.

• Amber