Double Dark Chocolate Almond Flour Brownie Cookies

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sometimes, I get a crazy craving for chocolate. Oh, who am I kidding? I’m always craving chocolate! I could have easily grabbed a quest bar, some chocolate chips, or a low cal chocolate ice cream bar out of the freezer, but one of my new year’s resolutions was to start adding more recipes to my blog. I’ve already failed at a couple of my resolutions, but I’m working on it! All habits take time.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted cookies or brownies, so I decided to make a combination of the two. And since I was in such a chocolatey mood; I made them healthy! The willpower is bad when chocolate is around.

These cookies are flour free, butter free, and I didn’t add any sugar! (other than the honey & dark chocolate chips)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ingredients: 1 3/4 cups ground almond flour, *2 eggs, *1/4 cup almond milk, *4 packets stevia, *1/3 cup semi-sweet *1 tablespoon baking powder, *1 teaspoon baking soda, *1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 cup honey, *1 tablespoon ground coffee and *1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

aa

Mix the almond flour with the eggs, almond milk, baking soda, baking powder, stevia, and cocoa powder.

aaaa

Mix in the coffee and honey. If you’re not afraid of raw eggs, take a taste test. Make sure it has enough sweetness and chocolatey flavor.

a

Mix in dark chocolate chips. Plop tablespoon sized dough balls onto the baking sheet. The texture is a mixture between cookie dough and brownie batter. Make sure the pan is greased. I used olive oil.

Bake for 12-13 minutes.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I was expecting these brownie cookies to be decent but not as good as they were. Holy cow! They tasted like the real deal! I think I liked these better than the original flour brownies. They were so rich, chocolatey, and mouthwatering. I am going to have to make these again!

I promise you’re going to LOVE these!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This recipe makes 25 brownie cookies.

Nutrition Per Cookie: 73 calories, 6 g Carbs, 4 g Fat, 2.5 g Protein, 2 g Fiber, 4 g Sugar.

Need to find almond flour for less? Here is where I get mine! I save $10 this way.
Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour.

Comments

• izzee

whats semi sweet?

Reply to izzee
    • Linda

That’s semi-sweet chocolate chips. I would use dark chocolate chips which usually have less sugar.

Reply to Linda
  • kelsey

I made these and they were the best almond flour cookies I have ever eaten. They were a lot like the sugar free boxed brownies.

Reply to kelsey
  • Lynley

I used Walden Farms Strawberry Syrup and Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup instead of honey and that also worked well. Great recipe!

Reply to Lynley
  • Tori

I made these, and OMG,they are soooo good!I can’t stop eating them, so I’m glad they’re healthy. ;)I only had a cup of almond flour, so I improvised and made up the rest of the flour with coconut flour and flaxseed meal. I added more almond milk because of the coconut flour. I also cut unsweetened baker’s chocolate into chunks since I didn’t have any chocolate chips. I swear, these things are God’s gift to man! Thanks, Taralynn! 🙂

Reply to Tori
  • Molly

These were amazing! I used only maple syrup as the sweetener because I didn’t have honey or Splenda. I also ended up using walnut meal that I made in the food processor (just pulse the nuts for a minute or two until it turns into a small crumb-like texture) because I didn’t have any almond flour on hand. The consistency of the batter was runnier than it should have been, probably for this reason. So I turned those puppies into brownies! I poured the batter into an 8×8 pan and baked for about 15 mins (I like gooey brownies but you could go longer). They were sooooo good!! They remind me of a boxed dark chocolate brownie mix I really like, but way better and so much healthier. They were moist, rich, chocolatey, gooey…thank you so much for the recipe Taralynn! This will be a go to recipe from now on – I love them!

I have been following your blog for a while and I’m so glad to see you happy and doing well. Thanks for all of your posts – they bring inspiration and positivity to my day! Also, all those haters that comment are really tiresome. They need to get to steppin!

Reply to Molly
  • Emily

So mouthwatering! I’m thinking I’ll be trying these out tomorrow 😉

Reply to Emily
  • kristine

Can this be made with gluten free flour instead of almond flour?

Reply to kristine
  • Lauren

These sound amazing! I love anything dark chocolate especially if it’s healthier 🙂

Reply to Lauren
  • Sarah

Many a times I have been stuck with the dreaded decision, cookies or brownies? Thanks for sharing this recipe, can’t wait to try it out! 🙂

Reply to Sarah
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

Yum!! And they’re gluten free, yay!!!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Kristin C

I’m impressed with how moist these look! They look like they’d be super buttery and high-cal, but they aren’t. Good lookin’ recipe 🙂
    Do you think they’d be just as good with whole wheat flour? I don’t have almond flour and I don’t have any money to spare to buy some at the moment.

Reply to Kristin C
  • Linda @ TheFitty

I do like that these are less than 100 calories per serving. 🙂

Reply to Linda @ TheFitty
  • Madewitt

Hey Taralynn-

I love your blog and read it all the time. I think it’s so cool that you talk about all of your struggles with eating/body image and how you’ve turned to a truly healthier way of living.

I recently posted something about that to my own blog– I would be honored if you checked it out/read/shared!

You rock!

Reply to Madewitt
  • Phyllis

Yum-o! Cannot wait to make these! If I wasn’t in my pjs I’d run to the store.

Reply to Phyllis
  • Sierra @La Spice Sisters

Yummmm! These look amazing!! Can’t wait to try out this recipe!

Reply to Sierra @La Spice Sisters