Low Cal/Low Carb Pizza Tortilla for Dinner!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

As you can see, the juice cleanse lasted approximately 15 hours. Hey, it’s the farthest I’ve ever gone on a juice cleanse. I just don’t think it’s for me. I felt tired, bitchy, and miserable. I’m not about torturing myself. Plus, when everyone around you is downing chicken wings, it sucks the life right out of you. So yesterday, I cracked under the power of chicken wings, and they were awesome!

I was craving pizza tonight. I didn’t feel like running to the store to buy ingredients, or ordering a pizza so I made a “pizza fix.” I do this a lot and it’s a lot lighter than eating regular pizza. It hits the spot and it’s filling.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ingredients: 4-5 tbsps of pizza sauce, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon parmesan, applegate all natural turkey pepperonis, and a low carb/high fiber la tortilla factory whole grain tortilla.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Assemble the “pizza” and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I had mine with a side italian dressing salad.

More Low Cal Pizza Fixes?

P1018837-660x400 tumblr_inline_n07yt3FKgX1qgeygd

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA tumblr_m9fw08zYwJ1qgeygd

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Comments

• claud

great idea!

Reply to claud
  • claire

yum!

Reply to claire
  • Bethany

You gotta love quick fixes like that! I also love putting pizza toppings on sandwich thins. Good stuff!

Reply to Bethany
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I love simple & healthy meals like this :)!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Alyssa

Well thanks for being real, I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t do juicing. I completely felt the same way. At least you gave it another chance 🙂

Reply to Alyssa
  • Jennifer

Amazing post!

Reply to Jennifer
  • Julie @ Run Away Freckles

I feel you on the juice cleanse. Last time I tried one I lasted 6 hours, so you beat me. I am such a fan of yours and wish I ate as well as you do. Listening to your body is the way to go.

Reply to Julie @ Run Away Freckles
  • Brittany

I have thought about trying a juice cleanse several times.. but I know myself way to well. I get hungry too often! I also feel weak and tired when I don’t properly fuel myself. I also couldn’t do one due to rowing.. I would probably pass out during the workouts, lol. I am glad that you gave it a shot though. Sometimes you have to test things to see if they are right for you. And I would definitely cave in for wings! Yum!

Reply to Brittany
  • Shelley

That looks really good actually! Since you’re only using a few tablespoons of the sauce what do you do with the rest of the sauce? I tend to be wasteful which is bad, I know.

Reply to Shelley
  • Melissa Frerichs

Awh didn’t even make it a whole day haha….sorry (just messing with you). Well kudos to you for making it 15hrs, no way I could have made it that long! I thought you were crazy when you said you were going to try for a couple weeks! I tried to juice one time, but it was really messy and took too much time. So I cleaned the juicer up really well, put it back in the box and returned it lol. I love your blog and I’m glad your loving the queen city!

Reply to Melissa Frerichs
  • Liz

Major props for trying out the juice cleanse and throwing in the towel when you recognized it wasn’t for you. I’ve also tried it before and couldn’t last more than a day- it just made me miserable and then binge. I firmly believe you can be extremely healthy without ever having to go on any kind of juice cleanse. Livers and kidneys are pretty good at “cleansing” our system, so I think I’ll just let them do their thing 🙂 Now, pass the pizza, please…

Reply to Liz
  • Sam @ PancakeWarriors

Yay! So glad you listened to your body! This was an awesome way to stay healthy and fix those cravings! Hope you had a better Sunday 🙂

Reply to Sam @ PancakeWarriors
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

Yum! Care to share some food?

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy