The Juicing Challenge…Dear Lord, Help Me!

P1019828-1024x575

Remember that one time when I was like “I don’t know how people can juice longer than 24” and thought I’d never be able to do it? Well, I still don’t know how they do it and I don’t know if I can…but I’m going to try. That’s right!

Starting tomorrow, football saturday (of all days) I am going to start juicing. I don’t mean once in the morning and once at night, I mean 6-8 meals…all juice for a couple of weeks.

Don’t worry, I still have tons of recipes to post and I’ll be making food. But, I’ll be juicing a lot. I’ll be trying out juices that come from other places other than my kitchen too.

P1019853-618x1024

It’s going to be hard saying goodbye to Stacks Breakfast, Sunday Dinners, football appetizers, drinks, and yummy food, but I know I can do it. I’ve been mentally preparing myself for a while and I can’t wait to complete this challenge. It’ll make me feel better about myself physically and mentally.

P1019983-1024x957

So tonight, I am eating my last REAL MEAL 🙁 and then juicing it up first thing in the morning. That means no coffee…;/ I can’t wait to raid the farmers market to stock up!

I’d love to have your support during my challenge and Hey…if you want to do it with me, that would be awesome!

Have you ever completed a juice cleanse? If so, how did it go? Any tips for me!

Comments

• Jaden

What kind of juicer do you use? I am currently on a juice cleanse and my juicer is terrible!

Reply to Jaden
  • Zann

I wish you all the luck, but isn’t this kind of dangerous? How restrictive are you going to be? Will all you be consuming is juiced vegetables/fruit?

I’ve always thought that a balanced diet, one that includes a bit of everything (at least in moderation) is the best way forward…

Reply to Zann
  • Jess

Good luck!! I’m sure it will be hard at times, but you can do it!

Reply to Jess
  • Erin

Sounds like a terrible idea to me. What exactly is the purpose of a juice cleanse? To rid your body of so-called toxins like Vitamin A, Vitamin K2, fermentable fiber, and EPA/DHA? Seems legit.

Reply to Erin
  • Kristin

I have done a juice cleanse back in the day and didn’t last longer than a few days – but I get really bad headaches & don’t know how to deal. I am going to start one if a few weeks and instead of doing strict juice I am going to do 1 juice in the morning and mid morning and then a fruit salad or smoothie w/ protein for lunch, juice mid afternoon and salad or smoothie in the afternoon and sleepy time juice for PM.

Reply to Kristin
  • Shelley

I feel like I would need a better blender to juice.

Reply to Shelley
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

Wow, interesting. Will you be eating anything for protein?

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Kristin C

Why did you decide to do that? Is it healthy?

Reply to Kristin C
  • Jenna S

Hi Taralynn!! Its awesome that you’re challenging yourself like this even in the face of hosting a party!! I would love to see if you can come up with any recipes using the juice pulp, like crackers, dog treats, breads, etc. Can’t wait to see what you make and how you do!

Reply to Jenna S
  • Sierra @La Spice Sisters

I can’t wait to hear all about your juicing weeks! Good luck! I read your blog every morning, and this juicing challenge will be interesting to read about!

Reply to Sierra @La Spice Sisters
  • Jonnel

Hey! How do you figure out how much fruit/vegetables you need to make enough juice for the week? Also, how many juices should you have per day? Are there different types that you should have for certain meals? I am in the Charlotte area and would love to do this as well but I am still a little confused how it works without buying a pre-made juice cleanse. Thanks!

Reply to Jonnel
  • DevonC

Just be safe and smart about it. Remember to listen to your body and know it’s okay to eat REAL FOOD if you need to 🙂

Reply to DevonC
  • Marina

Taralynn I’ve been thinking to do a juice clean too! But I’m quit lost. I don’t know how many juices I should have per day, or what recipes I have to use to follow a balanced juice diet (I’m a bit worried about the high amount of fructose I could take). And another thing…what about the protein powder? Are you gonna add it to your juices? I don’t want to start loosing muscle mass… Thank you for your help! 🙂

Reply to Marina
  • Hanna Ivantsova

You go girl! You continue to inspire me to keep on a healthy track and I love discovering cool new things from you (like laptop lunches woo). But juicing is freaking difficult. I’m not trying to advertise, but I do suggest chef V. Her detox includes protein shakes and detox soup so it is easier with wonderful benefits. Check her out from my insta @ivantsy.
    All love,
    Hanna

Reply to Hanna Ivantsova
  • Brittany

I have always thought about going on one but I have always been too afraid!

Reply to Brittany
  • Audrina @ Mindfully Audrina

Oh my goodness Taralynn, good luck! We all know you’re strong and I know you will give it your best. Can’t believe you’ve picked football season, though! Is it by any chance so you will resist unhealthy temptations?

Reply to Audrina @ Mindfully Audrina
  • Kale

Don’t forget to check out Kris Carr! She is a huge advocate for juicing, and even has a (free?) juice e-book. If its not free, it’s really cheap.

Reply to Kale
  • Ariel

how long are you juicing for?

Reply to Ariel
  • Tori Swofford

Good luck!! You will beast it I’m sure 🙂

Reply to Tori Swofford
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

Get your blender out!

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy
  • Sam @ PancakeWarriors

Holy juice cleanse!! I wish you all the luck with this challenge!! I can’t imagine it and look forward to hearing how you feel during and after this challenge! Enjoy your last cooked meal tonight!

Reply to Sam @ PancakeWarriors
  • Brittany

Good luck!! I’d love to do this but it’s too expensive 🙁

Reply to Brittany