Crockpot Pulled Bourbon Chicken

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’ve mentioned this before, but one of my favorite foods growing up came from the shopping mall’s food court, Famous Wok’s bourbon chicken. I could and still could eat their bourbon chicken all day/everyday. It’s incredibly bad for you and delicious at the same time. That’s usually how it works. Remember last winter when my crockpot incident happened? (long story short, someone thought in order to turn it on you had to put it on the stove’s burner) Well, Evelyn, from Windsorstore sent me a new pink one! I’ve been itching to make more crockpot recipes and now I can thanks to her.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A couple of weeks ago, the girls and I made a trip to Concord Mills. We stopped in a store called Pepper Palace. I always get sucked into those gourmet food stores. The pepper palace was awesome. Usually you buy foods based on how good they sound or look in the bottle. This store had everything out for you to try. I bought a couple of marinades and salsas, but my favorite purchase was the Sweet Bourbon Glaze. Obviously. So for this recipe, I used the sweet bourbon glaze as my marinade. You can use any bourbon marinade you want for the recipe. You can even make your own bourbon glaze, but I’m all about easy and quick recipes.

10485823_729928190387093_1444312681_n-2

I added 10 (9 oz) boneless/skinless chicken breast to the crockpot on medium heat with 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of bourbon marinade,  1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, and 3 tbsps of low sodium soy sauce.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I let the chicken cook on medium heat overnight. (about seven hours) When I woke up, the chicken was so soft, juicy, and perfectly cooked. I took the fork and shredded it up.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After the chicken was shredded and cooked, I put it in a container to post marinate for another couple of hours. The chicken gets better the longer it marinates. I can’t imagine how amazing it’ll taste tonight.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love crock pot meals because you can make so much all at once and eat it throughout the week. You don’t have to worry about what’s for dinner or lunch, because you already have something available. I plan on eating this bourbon chicken in omelets, in a sandwich, on salads, crackers, and straight out of the container. Making this chicken for a football tailgate or holiday party would be idea too. Just have some buns or rice to go with it!

After Samantha tried the bourbon chicken, she went back to her place and grabbed her chicken breast from the fridge and threw it into my crock pot. Apparently I’m not the only one who couldn’t get enough.

Comments

• Smalling

Best recipe eveR!!!!

Reply to Smalling
  • Healthy Life

I made this for the backyard bbq yesterday and it was a hit!

Reply to Healthy Life
  • Jenna

Serious question….Were the chicken breasts frozen when you put them in??

Reply to Jenna
  • Tara

I just tried this recipe last night and it was a HUGE hit with my husband! Love that cute pink Crockpot too! 🙂

Reply to Tara
  • Chloe – A Latte Lipstick

MMM! I was looking for a good option for this Saturday’s football game! This will do the trick 🙂

XO Chloe – A Latte Lipstick

Reply to Chloe - A Latte Lipstick
  • Jessie

I make shredded pork,beef and big batches of chicken all the time in the crock pot , a little tip I have learned put the meat in your kitchen aid so much easier to shred I learned this after shredded to much meat with forks.
    By the way love you site it’s my favorite, my guilty pleasures. I have learned so much from you and down 50 pounds so a big thank you.

Reply to Jessie
  • Rick

I have the same crock pot in blue I bought at SAMs but it doesn’t have a medium setting like you used to cook.
    What setting should I use?

Reply to Rick
  • Meg

Crockpot chicken is the shit. If you like that you should try crockpot teriyaki chicken. LOVE IT

Reply to Meg
  • Rachel Bonin

Hey! So this is really random for this post, but I couldn’t find a contact email address. I am looking for a job in your area and I was hoping to get some info from you about the hospitals in the area (I’m a registered dietitian) and your living situation. I want to get a large dog and your apartment complex seemingly allows for that. Any info you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to Rachel Bonin
  • Wonni

Hi there,

this is amazing! I wasn´t familiar with that kind of cooking.
    I must confess that I ordered a crockpot 5 minutes ago. hmhm 🙂 Can´t wait to get it.
    It´s also a nice help ´cause we fix up our house. Completely… sigh
    I´m still reading your blog whenever I can. You keep me going. Thanks for that!
    Your new home looks really nice. I can imagine how Grumps watching the pool all day. My dogs would do.

Have a beautiful day and tickle Grumps from me.

Reply to Wonni
  • Kayla

Awesome! Pinning NOW!

Reply to Kayla
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I <3 crockpot meals…cant wait to try this!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Elizabeth @ Champagne On Mondays

This looks amazing! Crockpot meals are the best, I love putting something in there in the morning and having dinner ready when I get home from work!

Reply to Elizabeth @ Champagne On Mondays
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

Is it a sad fact that I have a slow cooker at home but I’ve never made pulled-anything yet?!

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy