Glazed Turkey Bacon Wrapped Turkey Smokies!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I still have some recipes from our Superbowl get-together to post! Better late than never…right?  This one is great for sports parties, Christmas, bbqs, birthdays, brunches, Halloween, or just for the heck of it! When I was in 6th grade, my family went to my mom’s boss’s Superbowl party.  He had bacon wrapped little smokies on the food table and it was my first trying them. I couldn’t get over how good they were! My mom used to make them for us all the time after that. (Thanks, Mike for the great recipe idea) The original recipe is made with bacon, smokies, butter, and brown sugar. I make them a little lighter and they still taste fantastic! To me, eating healthy is about making swaps in order to enjoy the things we love. Jeremy asks me to make them all the time. It’s safe to say that they are man approved!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The ingredients will depend on how many you plan to make! We only had a couple people over, so I didn’t make too many. But they go fast, so if you are having a large party, make plenty!

Ingredients: Turkey Bacon, All Natural Little Turkey Smokies, Organic Honey, Brown Sugar!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

You don’t have to grease the pan because the bacon has enough grease, but I usually coat it in cooking spray to prevent the bottom of the pan from staining.

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Cut the strips of bacon in half or in thirds.
-Wrap each little smokie with turkey bacon.
-Only wrap the bacon around the little smokie once.
-Use a toothpick to hold the bacon and little smokie together.
-Place them into the pan.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the little smokies and drizzle honey on top.  Don’t bury them, but use enough to make them sweet!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Cook for 15 to 20 minutes! Let them cool in the pan before removing them.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These are really good the next day, too. There won’t be many leftover if you are serving them at a party. They are literally too good to put down. Make extra’s if you plan on eating them the next day. My mom used to make an extra pan, keep them in the refrigerator and at half time she’d make a fresh batch!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! I’ll be posting more recipes soon!

Do you have a favorite appetizer that you like to make healthy?

Comments

• Denise

Hi Taralynn,

Thanks for your delicious recipes and congratulations to you new life and this site, it looks really great. Please excuse my english, i’m writing from Germany, my english isn’t very well…
    Unfortunatly i can’t get some of your Ingredients here, so i have to substitute…(Turkey Smokies – i never heard about! But i think i can try the recipe with some Low Fat Turkey ‘Wiener Würstchen’).

Greetings from Germany
    Denise

Reply to Denise
  • Kaleigh Patton

Love the new website !! So classy. Realky excited for this recipie, your whole website is why I completely changed my eating habits !!

Reply to Kaleigh Patton

Wow! That makes me so happy to know that I made a difference in someones life! It’s why I continue to blog! Thanks for the compliments on the website! Hopefully you’ll come back!:) xo

• Alexis

You look great Taralynn you look so vibrant and healthy and happy lately

Reply to Alexis
  • Adrienne

Love this new site!!! 🙂

Reply to Adrienne
  • Darla

I looooveee your new site Tara! It’s so pretty! I was so excited when I saw you linked to it on instagram hahaha. These look yummy, def a classic & I’ve been looking for a healthier version, so thank you! 🙂

Reply to Darla
  • McKenzie

I love the new site! But are you keeping the old one too?

Reply to McKenzie
  • Gloria

Hi Taralyn,

The new site looks great; so organised and easy to navigate through! However, I would like to make a suggestion. For the recipe tab, it is hard to look through the pages and pages of recipes you have. Could you make a recipe index and list all the recipes like your tumblr page?

Other than that, your site is awesome!

Reply to Gloria

Thanks for the suggestion! I will eventually get to that:) If you want, you can use the search box to find a specific recipe:) You just type in what you are looking for and it should pop up!:)

• Shelly @ Pastry Shells

The tumblr site would never work properly for me but not I can see everything and make comments! Love the new site so much! Great job!

Reply to Shelly @ Pastry Shells
  • Amanda

I agree! This new website it amazing! I love the layout of it and that recipes/ideas are easier to sort through! Great job! 🙂

Reply to Amanda
  • Amanda

I LOVE the new site Tara! So exciting! User friendly and really visually appealing. Good job!

Reply to Amanda