Do you workout five days a week and take the weekends off? Are you sure you want to do that? Here’s how I look at it. You work Monday through Friday, eight hours a day and are completely exhausted. Most of the time you force yourself to workout after work/school or before. I find that stressful. And isn’t stress one of the main factors in weight gain? After torturing yourself throughout the week rushing to workouts, work/school and life you crash on the weekends. In my opinion, weekends are the best time to workout. If you want to workout five days a week, fine! Just space it out to make it less stressful. Take two of your busiest workdays off to rest and workout on the weekends instead.
Here are ten good reasons to workout on the weekends.
- You can still sleep in.
- You workout on your time.
- Working out on the weekend will help you make healthier choices throughout the day.
- You can workout with your friends or family who also have the day off.
- You can workout outside of the gym. (hiking, swimming, golfing, dancing, biking, walking the dog)
- You have time to relax afterwords instead of rushing back to work or school.
- Working out puts you in a better mood.
- If you feel like indulging on a Saturday night or Sunday meal, you won’t have any guilt.
- You have more time to reach your goals.
- It’s hard to come up with excuses not to workout on the weekend.