Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Time for me to put together some healthy options to keep around the table. Lately cauliflower has been super popular as a replacement ingredient in so many recipes! I saw someone use it as a mashed potato replacement and I thought “Gross” but of course I had to try it. If people looked at most of my recipes they could say the same thing until they tried it. After whipping up this cauliflower mash, I promise I will NEVER eat regular mashed potatoes again! The cauliflower taste was completely transformed into a potato flavor. This will be an amazing substitute on my Thanksgiving table this year. All I need now is to whip up some healthy gravy to go with it.
- 1 Large Cauliflower Head
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth ( Chicken Broth Works Too)
- Cut off large stems of cauliflower and chop up the remaining pieces
- Mash the garlic cloves.
- Boil cauliflower and garlic in broth for 40 minutes (or until fork tender)
- Drain remaining broth after removing from stove.
- Place cauliflower in an electric mixer and blend until completely mashed.
- Top with pepper
Makes 4 Cups: Per Cup 50 Calories, 6g Carbs, 3g Protein, .5g Fat, 4g Fiber