This is one of those recipes you don’t want to lose! I’m not not sure if it can get any tastier or healthier! I’m running low on groceries and I thought I’d whip together a recipe out of the blue. I wasn’t sure if it would work but I took a chance and so happy I did! So here is my recipe with: no eggs, no butter, no sugar, no flour, no baking soda, no salt and no oil! What?!?!
All you need :
- 1 Small Banana
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Chocolate Chips (I used Sunspire)
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1/3 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Cup Whole Grain Oats
- 1/4 Cup Diced Avocado
- 1 Packet Truvia
- 1 Tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Sift together Oats, Truvia, Cocoa Powder and Flaxseed.
- Add Applesauce and Almond Milk
- Mix together Well.
- Add avocado and Bananas
- Add bananas and Avocado to electric mixer to speed things up. (You can mash with large spoon if you don’t have one but your batter may be chunky)
- Mix until smooth. Your batter will be very thick almost like oatmeal cookie dough.
- Stir In Strawberries and Chocolate chips. Save 1 Tbsp of the Chocolate Chips
- Evenly distribute the batter into 6 muffin liners in a baking sheet. Top with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for 10-14 Minutes.
The inside of the muffin is so soft and flavorful. The absence of sugar is taken over by the delicious chocolate chips. There are so many different flavors running through the muffin. It taste like banana bread with a side of chocolate covered strawberries served with oatmeal. The avocado gives it a soft and creamy texture and prevents the muffin from sticking to the liners. These are perfect if you need a to go breakfast. Make a bunch, freeze them and microwave them throughout the week..
Per Muffin: Calories 76, Fat 3.5g, Protein 2g, Carbs 19g, Fiber 4g